XIV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tapping her fingers onto her desk, Yoona spares a thought about last night’s party. How her eyes were in flames when she caught Yeonhee leaning into Taecyeon’s ear to whisper something, and how he would laugh at what she said. Although Jonghyun was busy sharing stories while drinking, her ears pricked at any word that she might possibly catch in Taecyeon and Yeonhee’s conversation. To be honest, she didn’t want Taecyeon to get close with Yeonhee. She has a few precautions on what Yeonhee may come up with that includes Taecyeon.

First of all, Taecyeon is handsome and any girl in Seoul can admit that. Yoona thinks Yeonhee is beginning to like him and not on friendly terms, but more of a lover type of thing. Second, Taecyeon works in Younique and that encourages Yeonhee to be competitive, wanting Taecyeon in her own fashion company. Yoona knows Yeonhee very well, and she knows that she will make Taecyeon work for her company no matter what the circumstances are. Third, Yoona is afraid that Yeonhee may use Taecyeon to hurt her and Younique.

She shudders at that thought.

Taecyeon is working for Younique, not Majestine. Taecyeon’s boss is Yoona, not Yeonhee. Taecyeon owes a debt to Yoona, not Yeonhee. But by any chance, does Taecyeon like Yoona and not Yeonhee? Don’t be ridiculous. Yoona reminds herself. She feels as if, if she doesn’t have a hold on Taecyeon, she’s gonna lose him just like that and she doesn’t want that to happen. But how can she lose him when he’s not even hers in the first place? You can’t lose him, because you never even had him.

The President comes to a conclusion that she has to take one step forward in whatever relationship she has with Taecyeon and she has to do it fast, now that Yeonhee has walked in to the picture. She can’t afford to take risks again. Most of all, she doesn’t want to fight with Yeonhee all over again. However that’s unlikely. We’re just starting.

 

Yoona is heading down the cafeteria for lunch, when the lift pauses at a floor. Her heart is racing once again, as Taecyeon steps inside. Now, she is beginning to feel suspicious of why they are always meeting inside the lift, like almost all the time.

“How did you find the party last night?” she asks.

Taecyeon smiles, “It’s a great party, I had fun.”

“Yes, you looked like you did,” she mutters, sarcasm hinting in her voice.

“So Lee Yeonhee is in charge of the fashion company, Majestine?”

Of all questions, why must you ask me that. “Yeah, she is,” her tone is always indifferent when it relates to her rival. “Why?”

“Nothing,” he chuckles. “Yeonhee’s really pretty,” he comments, blushing a little.

What? Ok Taecyeon, are you being serious? Yoona chooses to remain quiet, not wanting to show any signs of jealousy.

“But you were beautiful last night Miss Im,” Taecyeon throws Yoona a wink before he leaves her in the lift, speechless.

Yoona clears , squealing madly inside. I don’t know what to feel about you Taecyeon. Snapping her fingers, she assumes she scores a point. Pretty for Yeonhee, but beautiful for the Im Yoona. Beat that. Yoona likes how Taecyeon responds with his choices of vocabulary.

 

“Tell me more about yourself Taeyeon.”

Wooyoung takes Taeyeon to small diner near her boutique, as it is about lunch time. They take this opportunity to get to know each other better. Likes and dislikes, hobbies, personal stories.

“Okay let’s do it as a speed round. Just the basics,” he snickers. “Name?”

Taeyeon sips onto her strawberry milkshake before answering, “I’m Ok Taeyeon.”

“Birthday?”

“March 9, 1989.”

“Siblings?”

“One older brother.”

“Pets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter