XXXII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona rubs her hands together while eyeing on the persian green mermaid dress she has worked on for four weeks straight. Being nervous is typical, almost a natural feeling but doesn’t beat her confidence. Runway competitions give her the absolute chills, knowing that there are other designers competing against her with their own crafts. She knows she is superior, yes she acknowledges that fact, but she never knows someone may steal her spot.

“Okay, time for you to be wrapped up,” she does two claps before zipping it up carefully inside the black suit bag.

She presses the button leading to the first floor, carrying the suit bag up properly. As she reaches outside revolving doors, Pierre rushes up to help.

“Good afternoon Miss Im,” he greets, storing the suit bag neatly in the trunk.

“Afternoon, Pierre,” she smiles back at him.

Pierre returns to the driver’s seat and buckles up. “Are we all set to go?”

“Yes we’re ready.”

They reach the location shortly thanks to the underwhelming traffic. Pierre assists Yoona with the dress, entering the area of the competition.

“Good luck Miss Im,” Pierre utters words of motivation, bowing before he returns to the car.

Yoona makes her way backstage to meet the model who will be showcasing her dress. They prepare in one of the dressing rooms, she explains a few things to the model thoroughly. She does it every single time to make sure her showcase is close to perfection.

The show is about to begin, designers take their reserved seats up front just beside the runway stage.

Judges locate themselves at the opposite side of the room, where they can examine the showcase in an ideal view. A few minutes left until it starts, Yoona occupies herself with her phone by texting Taecyeon.

‘I’m kind of nervous here.’

‘Nah, don’t be.’

‘Easy for you to say.’

‘You’re Im Yoona, President of Younique!’

‘I know that, but still.’

‘Well I’ll be cheering for you.’

‘And how Mr. Ok?’

‘In your heart, duh!’

His reply brings a smile to her face. Taecyeon’s cheesiness can be quite ridiculous sometimes but she doesn’t complain.

‘Uh huh. Okay I gotta go wish me luck!’

‘All the best Miss Im! See you later beautiful~’

Yoona puts her phone away once an emcee does an announcement, stating a brief introduction such as what the theme is about, the judges and the designers. The theme given is ‘Green Autumn’, so all of the designs has to include any shades of green. It can be any type of clothes whether it’s a blouse, a jumper, a jacket, coat or a dress. Any kinds are acceptable as long as it’s green in general.

“Hello Im Yoona,” greets Yeonhee who occupies the seat beside her.

Yoona winces. “Hello,” she forces a greeting.

“So what’s your creation this time?” Yeonhee whispers.

“You can find out later,” Yoona says without turning her head as she focuses on the emcee.

“Alright then. Do you have the confidence?”

“Of course.”

They fall silent after that as the showcase begins. Music plays while the models catwalk down the runway. Several spectators point at a few models, muttering things to one another. Most of the fashion critics regard Yoona’s dress as an eye candy, meaning that hers stands out vividly than the rest. Typical responses she gets.

“Now that all of you have seen the masterpieces of the designers, let’s move on to the top ten results.”

Judges proceed with their selections and  share each other’s choices. A couple of deisgners sigh in relief as they advance to the Seoul Collection in Seoul Fashion Week where they will showcase their utmost masterpieces in the most prominent fashion event in Korea. Although Yoona is a prestige fashion designer, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter