XXXVIII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a week has passed, Seoul Fashion Week commences. It’s a very important event among the fashion designers, especially Im Yoona who has been waiting for years to showcase her own set of designs to the public. And most likely, the world as well. Because several top designers from certain countries will be attending the event. So it’s kind of a big deal one way or another.

Yoona is in her studio alone to take a moment staring at her very own masterpiece. She is nervous a little but her sudden confidence is empowering it. It took her a full week to complete the designs she is preparing for the show. During that duration, she is totally focused and disciplined, although she did receive some helpful motivation from her friends and employees. Also, Taecyeon. Of course.

“Ready to go?” calls out Taecyeon who is approaching her with slow steps. “I mean, if you want to fascinate over your design that’s fine but Pierre’s waiting for us.”

She blinks at him for a second before catching on to his words. “Oh right!” she hits her forehead lightly. “Sorry I was just thinking of stuff.”

Taecyeon’s hand falls on her shoulder. “Gee, you have to stop thinking about me,” he shakes his head, scoffing at his own joke.

Yoona rolls her eyes at him. “Please Taecyeon, you’re no where in my mind,” she sticks out her tongue.

He hisses. “Ouch.”

“Okay let me just zip this up.”

Placing the dress inside the bag, she pulls the zipper upward to carry it over her shoulder. They head back to the first floor only meeting a few employees to send their wishes.

“Good luck Miss Im!”

“All the best Miss Im!”

“We will cheer on for you!”

Yoona bows her head at them before sliding into the backseat. Taecyeon follows behind her and waves at employees one last time as the car takes off.

 

Seoul Collection is a series of the largest fashion events in Korea that serves an indication of the participating designers’ prominence, with marketing advantage. First held in 2000, the Collection has grown bigger along with Korean fashion industry and has become the most distinguished Collection among all. At Dongdaemun Design Park, fashion designers, fashion models, magazine critics and editor-in-chiefs, special guests and tons of professional photographers are all looking forward to the showcase that will be on-going soon enough.

The executives of Younique occupy the seats in the second row where it is specially reserved for Im Yoona’s guests only. Their view is good enough since they are a front row away from the runway stage in front of them. All of them are dressed up formally for the ocassion mostly tuxedos and dresses, it’s a special event anyway so that’s the usual.

“Where are they?” asks Seulong as he fixes his bowtie.

Yuri works her thumbs away on the phone screen. “They’re  on the way,” she says as an update.

Others are doing their own things while waiting for their President to arrive. Sooyoung is checking her mascara in the compact mirror, Chansung is searching up stuff in his iPad, Yonghwa and Seohyun are discussing in hush tones about the magazine they are reviewing.

“Hey guys!” they look up to see a beaming Nichkhun who has Tiffany as his partner for the evening. Behind them is Donghae and Jessica too.

Yuri stands up to greet the couples. “Hey Khun!” she giggles, pecking his cheek then proceeding to hug Tiffany. “Oh Tiff I’m glad to see you!”

They exchange hugs and handshakes before settling down in their seats. Moving to a conversation keeps them distinct from their loud surroundings. Half an hour to go before the showcase officially begins.

 

Taecyeon is in the changing room to change into his tuxedo Yoona has picked out for him. He hangs the bowtie around his collar and folds it step by step. Yoona is flipping a magazine while waiting for him to finish.

“Okay done!” he passes through the curtains and stands on one spot. “What do you think?”

Yoona blinks her eyes for a minute, obviously struck in a trance by his striking appearance. She has seen him wearing suits before but she doesn’t know why each time he wears a new style, he never fails to amaze her. Looking fashionable in a deep maroon tuxedo, black pants and a pair of derby shoes, Ok Taecyeon is literally sweeping off Miss Im’s feet.

She stands up, taking slow steps to him. “You look really good,” she glides a finger down the surface of his blazer. “Like really really good,” she breaks into a nervous chuckle.

He raises his chin up high. “Oh stop flattering me Miss Im, I know I’m good-looking” he teases.

Rolling her eyes, she pushes his arm. “You wear this then. It’s my turn now, so wait out here.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Taecyeon behaves well on the small couch, his patience growing in ease. Feeling his phone vibrating, he whips it out from his pocket to check the message. He notices it’s from Nichkhun who is probably asking where they’re at. As he is about to reply, his eyes spot Yoona from his peripheral vision.

“So, what do you think?”

He gawks at her appearance, as if she has taken his breath away. But maybe she literally did. He beholds the gorgeous sight of his goddess glowing at the spot. She is dressed in a beautiful strapless pink ballgown which consists of a rose shape patterned from hip down. Far by, stunning in his eyes.

“Hello, Earth to Taecyeon?” she giggles, snapping a finger.

Waking up from his trance he clears his throat. “You look absolutely beautiful and gorgeous in that gown,” he conveys his words sincerely. “As you can see I was completely awe-struck a minute ago.”

She blushes. “Wise words.”

“Come my lady,” he offers a hand. “I believe the event wouldn’t be able to start without you.”

“Alright then.”

 

The couple finally arrive at the location, strolling down the red carpet and met with an overwhelming welcome attention from the photographers and reporters. Yoona bows her head to their direction, waving at the cameras simultaneously. Taecyeon does the same as he catches attention from the women cheering by the side.

“Oh there they are!” Yuri stands up to hug Yoona. “You’re looking fabulous tonight Miss Im,” she says in impression. “You too Taec!”

“Thanks Yuri,” Yoona hugs her good friend back. “Tiffany! Jess! You guys are here.”

Tiffany and Jessica walk over to their bestfriend. “Of course we’ll attend the showcase Yoona, what are friends for?” they chuckle.

Nichkhun claps Taecyeon’s shoulder. “Looking good man, is it because you’re Im Yoona’s partner for the evening?” he teases.

Taecyeon folds his arms, grinning proudly. “She chose the suit for me bro. I have no complaints.”

Everyone occupies the seats in the area after a while as the showcase is about to begin. An emcee steps up to do a proper introduction about the event and explain what concepts, themes as well as designers who will be participating. Yoona is in the front row seats right beside the runway stage as she is assigned to the reserved seating for designers. Opposite her direction, she faces Lee Yeonhee by coincidence. They lock gazes for a few seconds without any emotions, then looking away. Neither of them feel anything and it feels weird for the both of them. Nonetheless, they focus on the showcase.

“Next up we have Lee Yeonhee, the designer for Majestine,” announces the emcee.

The microphone hands over to Yeonhee as she stands on the emcee’s spot. “For my F/W concept, its theme is inspired with a feminine contemporary style that has straightforward and structural silhouette with fancif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter