VII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Another pose for me dear!”

Jokwon reminds while taking countless shots of Taecyeon. He doesn’t waste a single picture of him does he? Taecyeon feels awkward with Jokwon’s instructions but nevertheless, he can put up with it. The male diva is creeping him out right through his bones.

“And…” Jokwon shifts the camera away from his eye. “We’re done with you heartthrob!”

“Thank god,” Taecyeon mutters under his breath, walking briskly towards Nichkhun by the couch. “Doesn’t he bother you?” his eyes referring to Jokwon.

Nichkhun his head to the side, peeking at the person Taecyeon is pointing to. “At first,” he chuckles.

“He’s kind of like someone who watches you sleep at night.”

Another chuckle escapes Nichkhun’s lips. “It’s only the second day Taec, you’ll get used to it,” he convinces as he continues to read the magazine.

Taecyeon glances at the clock on the wall. “Is it time for lunch?”

Nichkhun tosses the magazine to the side. “Let’s go then,” he stands up with Taecyeon following him out of the studio.

 

Taecyeon pulls out the chair and places his tray on the table. He picks up the chopsticks on the side, ready to indulge in the bowl of warm ramyun.  Time to fuel his engines!

“Man, you’re gonna get sick if you keep eating that,” Nichkhun says in a teasing manner, sitting across Taecyeon.

“This is glorious food,” Taecyeon snorts with his mouth full. “Apparently this is the only native food I could find here.”

Nichkhun pokes the piece of strawberry with a fork, putting it in his mouth. “Look around you buddy. Do you see anyone else wolfing on ramyun?” he snickers.

Taecyeon glances around, seeing the employees eat a majority of organic food, italian and western food. It’s true, he is the only one eating a bowl of ramyun in the cafeteria. But does Taecyeon give a damn? Of course not. He care less about the people here stuffing themselves with healthy food just to remain with their ideal physical figures.

“What’s with them eating all those healthy stuff?”

“You my good friend,” Nichkhun points his fork at Taecyeon. “Are taking risks for your health and of course, your body.”

“What? So you mean I have to be a health freak now? No way,” Taecyeon groans, slurping onto a piece of noodle from the soup.  “Besides, I’m not like one of you rich kids who devour an international buffet.”

Nichkhun smirks. “That’s true,” he agrees, nodding. “But then again, they serve all those organic food for the sake of the fashion models and designers. The President likes her fellow employees to be healthy and fit.”

Gulping down the remaining soup down his throat, Taecyeon wipes his lips with his hand. Nichkhun stares at him in amazement. Never thought he can see such a man this bold.

“That was good!” Taecyeon pats his belly happily, covering his mouth that let out a burp.

“You’re one of a kind Taec,” Nichkhun shakes his head slightly. “Glad I have a buddy like you now.”

“Don’t you have other friends?”

“Siwon and Donghae are closer with each other. We’re close but only at work and at drinking,” he places a finger on his lips.

“I see.”

“So,” Nichkhun pushes the tray aside, lifting the cup of coffee in his hand. “What did you do for a living before this?”

“I’m a delivery boy, sending clothes to boutiques and outlets.”

“Are you from a poor family?” Nichkhun questions, saying his words slowly.

“Yeah, I currently live at a rented unit in an apartment. With my parents and younger sister,” Taecyeon replies casually.

“Miss Im must’ve picked you out by luck,” Nichkhun smiles warmly. “Because this is the first time I’m hearing this kind of story. Others I've heard of would probably be boring news such as owning an SUV or selling their own penthouse. But I’m glad you’re different in a good way that is.”

“Thanks, this is my first time meeting a rich bastard too,” Taecyeon scoffs, snickering a little.

Nichkhun laughs, “That’s a good one,” settling the cup down on the table. “Any girlfriend or such?”

Shaking his head, Taecyeon leans back on his chair. “None, you?”

“That’s unexpected, I kind of imagined you as a full-time playboy in your area. I mean, look at you,” Nichkhun gestures at Taecyeon’s face. “You fit the casanova role.”

“Guess so,” Taecyeon shrugs his shoulders. “What about you?”

“I’m a taken man, so yeah.”

“Khun!”

A voice interrupts the two’s conversation. Nichkhun greets a man with a light knuckle punch. “What’s up man?”

“Good!” the man diverts his attention to Taecyeon. “You must be Taecyeon,” he offers a handshake. “I’m Seulong by the way.”

Taecyeon reluctantly shake hands with him. “Great to see you, Seulong.”

Two more ladies and one tall gentleman join their table, placing their trays on the table.

“Taec, this is Yuri, Sooyoung and Chansung. Guys mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter