XXX

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghun stands among the crowd, greeting, glancing and conversating with a few CEOs of well-known companies as well as a few business men whom he has partnerships with. Parties or events in the business industry is common, but with very intellect individuals who speak only the language of their specific occupations. Trade, partnerships, stocks, investments are the few of the common ones that business men look out for. Although Seunghun grows tired of these kind of events, he attends to each one of them because one cannot miss out on the rare opportunities that can strengthen his or her company.

Competition is alarming, but allies are needed. Anyway, Seunghun grabs himself another glass of champagne while talking to the manager of a Lotte Department Store in Myeongdong. Due to Im Seunghun’s title in the industry, he is prominent to almost every company existing in Seoul. Which explains the exceeding partnerships IntroMarket has with other companies.

“Mr. Im, it will be our pleasure if you consider an agreement with us.”

Seunghun’s vision scrutinizes his gaze into the manager’s eyes. There are literally money signs flashing in his orbs. Not quite approachable.

“Yes, I should think about that,” he doesn’t exactly lie either, since he will take some time to review a couple of departments under the shopping category. “Just have several things I have to look upon,” he replies curtly.

“Or you can trade with my company Mr. Jung.”

Seunghun switches his gaze to Lee Chunhee who brought along his wife with him, Lee Hyori. Sudden awareness cast upon him, but he stands still, casually twirling the glass in his hand.

“Lee Chunhee, it’s nice to meet you,” approaches the manager who is grinning back at him. “Your wife perhaps?” he indicates.

Chunhee smiles, circling his arm around his wife’s waist. “Yes, this is Hyori my wife and you should probably know who she is right?” he mentions Seunghun bluntly.

Seunghun flicks his glance toward Hyori, hinting a seductive look in her eyes. “Of course,” he says without any emotions in his voice.

Feeling uneasy, he excuses himself from the group to take in some air. Seunghun tugs on his tie with ease, gulping down the last bit of his drink. He doesn’t know what to feel now that Chunhee makes his appearance and he makes it worse by bringing his wife along. Chunhee and Seunghun were still best friends back in university, and Chunhee had this crush on a girl named Hyori. Chunhee tried all his might to ask her out, until he found out Hyori liked Seunghun. However, Seunghun had no feelings for Hyori because he has met Sekyung, but that didn’t lessen Chunhee’s hatred on him. At the beginning they fought about Hyori and then it became worse when they started to set up their own business.

Their friendship went downhill from there onwards, even up till now, Seunghun had no idea how to retrieve peace between them. He isn’t mad at Chunhee nor does he hate him, only wanting a clear truce. That’s his goal right now,  a truce man to man.

“Penny for your thoughts?” he comes back into reality when he senses Hyori’s presence near him.

“Hello Mrs. Lee,” he greets.

Hyori responds with a giggle, “Oh please, you don’t have to be formal with me.”

“What are you doing out here? It’s cold, you should go back inside.”

“I don’t want to go back inside,” she shrugs her shoulders. “I want to be alone perhaps, with you,” she adds, taking a step closer to him.

Seunghun takes an automatic step back, sighing as he does so. “Mrs. Lee  you should return to Chunhee.”

“Did I ever mention how handsome you’ve become ever since you gained the spot of a CEO?” she purses her lips, crossing her arms.

He exhales again. She pays not attention to his frustration but walks up to him, smiling flirtatiously. She runs a rebellious finger down his chest, inching closer to his face. Seunghun closes his eyes, pushing Hyori gently away from him.

“Hyori please,” he pleads. “Go back, now,” he stresses on his last word.

“Chunhee won’t know,” she mutters, a hand on his cheek.

“No, please stop,” desperation is evident in his voice because Seunghun finds it difficult to resist from Hyori’s intoxicating scent. Images of Sekyung pop into his mind, forcing him to take a step back, startling Hyori.

“I said go back!” his voice changing into a dangerous one.

Hyori smirks, feeling calm still. “You know, I pity you after Sekyung’s death. A man like you should seek into his pleasures, not to mention it has been several years which is kind of ridiculous. I can help you, if you want.”

Seunghun disapproves with a glare. “No, I don’t need you, ever.”

“Well, I’m always here Seunghun.”

Hyori throws him a wink before spinning around to stroll back into the party. Seunghun stands there with his jaw clenched, calming the rapid beating of his heart. Sure, Seunghun still has a mind of a man but he keeps his loyalty toward his wife and to Wooyoung and Yoona. And sometimes, temptations come flying around him which is what he is working on, in order to keep things r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter