III

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon swallows the lump in his throat, wiping the beads of sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand. He knows he is going to meet the lady he bumped into earlier and he winces at the thought of seeing her again. But this time, he will receive one scary punishment he can expect from her. He ruined her clothes, and the worst part is that it really is his fault. But of course, it isn’t his intention to do it on purpose. Accident happens, and he hopes that is a good enough reason to use when he explains himself. Taecyeon remembers how she snaps at him, he doubts about her letting him off. He hits himself mentally for being so careless about forgetting the paint and ladder located near the storage room. It’s okay Taec, everything’s gonna be fine. Just stay cool, calm and get this over with. He reminds himself over and over in his head.

Krystal who is standing right next to him, steal a glance of Taecyeon’s face. Both of them are in the elevator, going up to the President’s office. She smiles a little, feeling him tense up in anxiety.

“Don’t worry, the President of Younique won’t kill you for it,” Krystal says, lighting up the mood.

Taecyeon glances at the girl beside him. “Are you her assistant?”

“Yes, apparently.”

“Is your boss gonna throw her furnitures at me?” Taecyeon snickers, fiddling with his fingers as his eyes remain on the floor.

Krystal laughs, covering quickly. “I don’t know about that. I’m pretty sure she won’t go haywire about this. Well who knows, she may or may not.”

“Okay then,” Taecyeon let out a deep exhale, hearing the chime of the lift indicating that they have reached the floor.

Taecyeon follows Krystal who walks in front of him. She take a few turns, he sees a door by the end of the hallway. Shivers travel down his spine, balling his hands up into clenched fists. Krystal tells him to wait outside for a minute, checking if her boss is ready.

“Alright, in you go,” Krystal mentions for Taecyeon to pass through the double doors.

He looks hesitant. “Aren’t you coming inside?” he asks.

Krystal shakes her head. “She told me she wants the both of you to be left alone. Go in, she doesn’t like to wait.”

Taecyeon snorts, biting his tongue in his closed mouth. Taking a few steps inside, he jumps when the door closes behind him. He stands awkwardly in the middle of a very luxurious and modern room. The President turns her swivel chair around, facing him with eyes filling with intensity. Taecyeon stands straight, his hands folded behind his back. A long silence follows, only sharing glances in that time being.

“What is your name?” her voice finally breaks the silence in the room.

Taecyeon clears his throat. “I’m Ok Taecyeon,” he replies.

“I’m Im Yoona, President of Younique. In case you didn’t know who I am when we met earlier this morning,” Yoona introduces herself to Taecyeon who appears shrinking each second, obviously fearing her position. He is afraid of her because she has the power to make his boss fire him. He desperately think of ways to keep himself from unemployment.

“Nice to meet you Miss Im,” he bows hesitantly, his lips purses.

“So, I heard you caused some trouble in my store,” Yoona scoffs, twirling a pen absentmindly. “What was that all about?” she demands, her tone indifferent.

“First of all I am terribly sorry Miss Im, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience I’ve caused in the store. Secondly, it was an accident,” his sentence is cut off when Yoona raises her hand.

“Accident or not, I still think that’s not an excuse. You’re a del

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter