XV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello, this is Secretary Park Jaemin of IntroMarket. How may I help you?” a young man speaks through the phone.

Yoona giggles softly before answering, “Jaemin this is Yoona.”

“Oh my, Miss Im,” the secretary stutters over the phone. “How are you?”

“I’m doing well thank you,” she replies. “Anyway, is dad in his office?”

“Mr. Im’s currently in a meeting Miss Im. Do you wish to deliver an urgent message?”

Although she knows she can’t be seen, she shakes her head. “No it’s fine I’m coming over. Please make sure dad’s busy in his meeting because I’ll be hiding a secret gift in his office,” she explains.

“Oh!” she hears him laugh softly. “Alright, I will make sure just for you Miss Im.”

“Thank you Jaemin! I’ll see you later,” she says before hanging up the call.

Yoona twirls around her swivel chair merrily, smiling at the fact that it’s her father’s birthday. She has been working on his birthday present for about a month and she can’t wait to show it to him, and see the look on his face. Speaking of Mr. Im, he is the owner of the business company, IntroMarket a large enterprise in Seoul which covers on the media, real estates, department stores, as well as fashion. You can consider him as a first or second generation chaebol, meaning a South Korean form of business conglomerate. One of the reasons why the Im family has become well-known about their wealth. Seunghun is currently taking the role as the CEO of IntroMarket since he didn’t want his son Wooyoung to be pressurized about this heavy responsibility, and encouraging him to focus on his personal career first. Even at the age of forty-two, Seunghun is still one charming father with a superbly attractive and masculine appearance. Bless the genes of the Im’s.

Anyway, Yoona is done keeping in her excitement as she grabs a pair of sunglasses on her desk, heading down to the lobby for Pierre to send her off.

“Lovely day we’re having Miss Im?” Pierre hums, glancing at the rear view mirror.

Yoona smiles back at her chaffeur. “Of course Pierre, join us at the party tonight okay?”

“I will,” he nods.

“Pick me up after lunch time.”

Pierre nods obediently, driving back onto the road after dropping Yoona in front of her father’s company. Yoona skips to the lobby, directing herself to the secretary’s office.

“Jaemin! Is dad still in a meeting?” she literally bursts a question for him to answer quick.

The young man almost falls off his chair, surprised to see Mr. Im’s daughter barging into his office. “Yes he’s busy, he’ll be done in about fifteen minutes time,” he says, checking the time on his watch.

“Thanks!” she nods, slamming the door shut behind her.

Yoona enters her dad’s office quietly, switching the lights on. Bringing along a plastic mannequin with her, she begins to dress it with the birthday suit. Taking a few moments to button up the blouse, then proceeding to fix the red tie around the collar. For some weird reason, she starts to imagine that she is helping Taecyeon with his tie. A slow jazz music begins to play around her surroundings.

“It’s okay Yoona, don’t be nervous,” a heartbreaking smile sweeps across his face, staring at her trembling fingers.

“You’re not real,” she whispers, her mind reminding her so but her heart is believing otherwise.

He leans forward to whisper in her ear, his breath tickling its blushing skin. “Yes I am,” he mutters huskily.

Yoona hits herself mentally, wanting to wake up from the illusion. Yoona, wake up! But she finds herself losing into Taecyeon’s arms. He wraps his strong arms around her waist, pushing her head gently towards his with the back of his hand. She shudders under his caressing touch, and pauses in front of his inviting lips. He smiles at her before he devours her lips, and she melts right at that second. Her arms encircle his neck, pulling him closer, deepening their kiss with insensity.

“Taecyeon!” she gasps when he moves down to her neck, feathering it with light kisses.

Girl, stop dreaming.

“I don’t want to,” she groans, enjoying Taecyeon’s lips on her sensitive skin.

Reality check, your dad’s coming.

Her illusion ends, and Taecyeon vanishes before her. Yoona pants, calming her uneven breaths when she discovers her arms are around the mannequin’s neck. She blushes furiously when she notices an obvious mark of her pink lipstick onto the mannequin’s mouth. Wiping it with her palm at a split second, fanning herself after. It feels so real. Actually no, Yoona just wants that dream to happen. She dreams for it to happen. She likes it to happen. She wants it to happen. I need it to happen. Back to reality, she pats her cheeks, smiling as she stands beside the mannequin. Running to the light switch, she turns it off, the lights flickering out instantly.

“Gosh you’re embarrassing yourself Yoona,” she mumbles to herself, sliding a palm down her face.

Hearing light footsteps near the door, she prepares herself to greet her handsome father. She smiles brightly, as her father steps inside his office, switching the lights on.

“Yoona! Darling what are you doing here?” Seunghun says, grinning at his daughter. Then his eyes behold the amazing suit she is gesturing at. He walks forward, embracing Yoona tightly in his arms. Yoona hugs her father back, chuckling against his chest.

“Happy birthday dad!” she says, breaking away from his hug to give him a peck on his cheek.

Seunghun his daughter’s hair in a caress. “Thank you Yoona, this suit looks fantastic!” his fingers feel the fabric out of curiosity. “I’m loving the color of the tie,” he smirks.

“Well I know you inside and out dad,” she shrugs her shoulders. “Hope you like it!”

“Like it?” he raises an eyebrow. “I love it!” he chuckles, placing a kiss on her forehead. “I’m gonna wear this tonight then.”

“Uh, uh,” Yoona shakes her head, objecting his suggestion. “You’re wearing that to work, you’re gonna be wearing a tuxedo tonight with a bowtie I made just for you,” she says.

“Whatever you say darling,” he smiles.

“Come on let’s go for lunch, Wooyoung has a surprise for you!”

Seunghun let his daughter take him to somewhere, guessing the place can she possibly lead him to. They drive to an Italian restaurant and Seunghun spots Wooyoung at a corner. The restaurant is completely empty, they are the only people under the roof with the exception of several waiters and waitresses.

“Dad!” Wooyoung stands up, hugging his father lightly. “Happy birthday!” he greets with a wide grin.

Seunghun chuckles, patting Wooyoung on his shoulder. “Thank you son, what’s this?” he points at three main dishes, plates full and tempting.

“I made pasta for us,” Wooyoung says proudly. “I got a bit of help from the chefs back in the kitchen,” he chuckles.

“Well it looks good so let’s dig in!”

Wooyoung and Yoona sit next to each other, both facing their father on the opposite direction. They chat a little in between the eating and laughing. Wooyoung and Yoona surprises Seunghun with a small red velvet cupcake that has a candle on top.

“Dad! Make a wish!” Yoona urges him, clasping her hands together.

“Yeah dad, make it a good one,” Wooyoung snickers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter