XXII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeonhee stomps her way through the door, leading into the penthouse. She catches sight of Jonghyun reading a novel in the living room. With loud and clear steps, she drops her body onto the sofa, exhaling a heavy sigh. Jonghyun lifts his gaze from his book to his sister, wondering what is wrong.

“Jonghyun,” his sister sits up straight, focusing her attention on him. “You have to help me.”

“What?” he creases his brows.

“I’m having another battle with Yoona and I want you to serve as a distraction.”

Sighing, he shakes his head in disapproval. “I’m not doing this again sis,” he warns.

“But Jonghyun, you don’t even know what’s happening to your high school crush.”

That statements hits Jonghyun, forcing him to close his book in frustration as he glances at his sister. Clearly, he’s not wanting to be disturbed while reading a good book, but Yeonhee just has to break the peace.

“What are you talking about?”

Yeonhee crosses her arms, lying casually against the soft cushions. “Yoona likes someone else,” she says.

His eyes go alert. “Who?” he asks.

“You’ve met Taecyeon at the party last time? Ok Taecyeon?”

Recalling the party back then, he nods. “Yes I do.”

“Unfortunately for the both of us, Yoona likes Taecyeon,” she hisses, her eyes flaming up.

Jonghyun shifts uncomfortably in his position, his eyes appear to be looking for something. He doesn’t expect this. He knows Yoona has never liked someone before, not that he knows of but he confirms to himself that she has never dated ever in her life. It all changed? She likes someone, her employee to be exact. Jonghyun himself can’t even get a slight affection from Yoona but a particular employee has the ability to sweep her off her feet in the shortest period of time? Queer. It is very queer for him. It is quite unfair to him as well, feeling some sort of betrayal. But after all, he shouldn’t feel like that because Yoona has never even liked him in the first place.

“No, I’m not included in this.”

Yeonhee rolls her eyes, shooting sparks at her brother. “Jonghyun don’t be so kind, you know you like Yoona so why don’t you go after her?”

Rubbing his head he sighs. “Leave me out of this, leave her out of this. I’m just respecting Yoona’s decisions right now and I don’t want to stain our friendship for some risky move.”

“This is why you’re not getting what you want, you’re being too nice Jonghyun. Sometimes, we have to stop thinking about others and think of ourselves. Not once did I see you doing that before,” his sister says in a convincing tone.

Should I?

Jonghyun stands up, taking his book with him. “Still, my answer’s no. Sorry sis,” he mumbles before walking away up the stairs.

 

“So should we ask what’s bothering you?”

Yoona inivites Jessica and Tiffany over for dinner at her place, wanting to seek advice and tips from her bestfriends about boys. There they are, eating pasta which Yoona prepared herself. Also indulging in some wine.

“How do you even get attention from boys?” the question startles Tiffany and Jessica, exchanging confused glances, then back to Yoona.

“Honey, what is this all about?” Jessica says, twirling her fork around.

Tiffany chuckles, knowing what exactly Yoona is talking about. “Are we referring to Taecyeon over here?” she raises an eyebrow.

Yoona blushes, unable to lie. “Okay you girls got me,” she sighs in defeat.

“Well for starters, is Taecyeon taken?”

“No but…he’s kind of seeing someone.”

Jessica tilts her head to the side. “What?”

“Oh you know,” Yoona scoffs, glancing down on her plate. “He’s seeing Yeonhee.”

Tiffany gasps, covering . “Oh my gosh Yoona, isn’t she your most hated rival?”

“I know, I know. Which is a problem to me, now that I can’t seem to get close with Taecyeon.”

“That just means one thing Yoona,” Jessica breaks into a sly grin, winking at Tiffany. “You have to fight for your man.”

“But I have no idea how I’ll do that! Both of us seem quite distant these days and I don’t know why,” a pout forms on Yoona’s face, showing her disappointment.

“You should try being nice then.”

“What?”

“Oh come on honey, Nichkhun has been telling me you’re being a grumpy old boss at work. Why is that so?” Tiffany raises her eyebrow, popping piece of bacon in .

Yoona shrinks in her seat, her cheeks turning red. “No I’m not…”

Jessica chuckles, taking a sip of her wine. “Be nice, approachable and sweet. Don’t overdo it though or you’ll probably go insane after some time,” she teases.

“Shut up Jess,” Yoona throws a glare at her bestfriend, nudging her arm.

Taking that in consideration, Yoona has been aware of her attitude at work. She is pretty mean, stern and intimidating she can tell that almost all of her employees are talking about her weird behavior. She blames herself for it because she shouldn’t be acting childish just because of an unexcusable reason. Whatever she has to do at work, she has to act prompt regardless of the dramas happening in her personal life. Yes, that’s the way she should do it. Prompt and classy.

“Krystal’s party is coming up and I heard Taecyeon’s invited. Take this chance honey.”

Jessica urges Yoona too easily, it didn’t take her long to come up with ideas on how she will act around Taecyeon. Tiffany gives some advice on how she should impress him, catch his attention all based on her knowledge with Nichkhun’s theories of how guys are attracted to girls.

Krystal’s birthday party comes fast, the celebration is located in one of Seoul’s most popular clubs, usually where celebrities and people in the higher classes go to. Of course, her sister ensures it is a private party so the entire second level is booked just for her. Friends, family and relatives attend this ocassion and they come in pretty full but not that much until there is no room left in the circumstances.

“Happy birthday Krystal!” greets her fellow college friends who hand her a couple of wrapped presents.

“Thanks for coming! And thank you for the presents, you can put them over there,” Krystal points at a table where gifts are suppose to be placed on.

A few people are chatting at a few corners, some laughing at the long cushioned couches  by the side while others grab some drinks at the bar. Everybody is pretty much pumped up and high, the atmosphere is indeed frenzy, temperature reaching its limit and voices turning louder. All thanks to the DJ who is working on the addicting beat of the music.

“Woah this is wild.”

Taecyeon grins, brushing his fringe up as he steps inside the room with Nichkhun and Seulong. The guys walks over to greet Krystal with pecks on her cheek.

“Happy birthday minion,” Seulong sticks his tongue out, raising a slim rectangular box wrapped in a pink ribbon. “Careful with this though,” he snickers.

“Not that hard to tell it’s liquor huh oppa?” Krystal laughs, hitting his arm slightly.

Nichkhun goes next, handing Krystal a shiny red envelope. “Here’s to the birthday girl,” he smiles charmingly.

“Thanks Khun oppa,” she says,  giving him a light peck.

Finally, Taecyeon has his turn to greet the celebrant. “Happy birthday Krystal, your party is beyond fantastic,” he whistles.

“It sure does oppa! Okay a thousand times thank you guys, I have to greet the rest of the guests. I’ll catch up with you later!” she waves, scurrying off to the guests at the entrance.

Seulong catches Yuri and Sooyoung drinking at a table, joining them over shortly with Taecyeon and Nichkhun following right behind him. They greet each other energetically, the guys pouring themselves glasses of beer.

“Cheers!” Seulong raises his glass in mid-air, the rest copying him as their glasses clinking through the loud music.

Taecyeon wet his lips, drinking down the beer in one go until his eyes divert to the entrance where he sees Yoona, coming in like a goddess. Beautiful, stunning and y.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter