XXIV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona keeps herself busy after her last conversation with Taecyeon. Her mind is no where but focusing on the piece she has been working on since the beginning of the month. Although she tries to remind herself, she can’t help but spare a thought of him once in a while. They haven’t been talking for about a full week, both avoiding one another whenever they meet in coincidence. To be honest, she didn’t want this but what can she do? If Taecyeon does like her, he will make an effort to fix their small argument. So inside, she is still waiting for him to come to her one way or another. She doesn’t know when he will do it but there’s a part of her having high hopes for him.

Hopefully.

In the meantime, she is working on the gown in preparation for the competition that is just around the corner. Jonghyun drops a visit frequently in her studio, and out of the blue he would show up with a bouquet of roses in his hands or a picnic basket that contains lunch he packed specially for her. It has been quite sweet of him recently, it flatters her. One thing Yoona likes about Jonghyun, is that he is so caring and thoughtful that any girl will be lucky to have him. But just not for her. Because there’s someone else.

“Knock knock,” recognizing the voice, Yoona turns around to see Jonghyun standing by the doorway, hinting a smile.

“Who’s there?” she muses.

“Jonghyun,” he carries on with his little game.

“Jonghyun who?”

“Oh my, have you forgotten about me Yoona?” he laughs.

Yoona chuckles along with him, punching his arm. “Hey there! What do you have in store today? Flowers? Wine? A truckload of chocolates?” she smirks.

He enters her studio shaking his head sideways. “Nope.”

“You have nothing?”

“As you can see I didn’t bring anything along with me,” he indicates by extending out his arms, his hands empty.

“Must’ve not been well prepared this time huh Mr. Lee?”

“Oh, I’m well prepared all right.”

Yoona raises an eyebrow when Jonghyun claps his hands as if it is some sort of signal, catching the hint when two gentlemen march in like waiters. Each one of them carry a tray with a delectable sight of food on top. She whistles, looking impressed with Jonghyun’s amusing notations. He never fails to surprise her. Well, that’s Lee Jonghyun the sentimental guy!

“Okay I think we’re missing the orchestra over here,” she blurts out jokingly, making them laugh in unison.

Yoona hops onto the stool as she sits beside Jonghyun who is pouring water in their glasses. They dig into their meals, chatting ocassionally in between.

“How’s the progress going?” Jonghyun refers to the gown on the mannequin at the side.

“It’s going great!” she smiles. “I’m actually near to finishing. Just need a few touch ups.”

“Oh really?” he grins.

“Yes Mr. Lee.”

Yoona spots a speck of sauce at the corner of Jonghyun’s mouth, giggling softly to herself.

“What?” he asks, oblivious about his face.

“You have something here,” she taps the side of . He looks down, pouting his lips. “Here, I’ll wipe it off then,” she chuckles again, taking a serviette beside his plate.

Jonghyun remains still when Yoona leans forward, tilting her head to the side as she wipes the sauce off carefully. He smiles at her face, admiring her features in. Yoona stops as she notices Jonghyun staring at her. She presses her lips firmly, letting her eyes to look into his. Seeing that, he breathes in before leaning closer to her face his eyes falling onto her lips. She wants to lean in, yet she doesn’t want to so she keeps her position in place.

No Yoona! No!

Hearing her heart’s objection, Yoona turns her head to the side as she backs away from Jonghyun. “No, Jonghyun we can’t,” she whispers. “I’m sorry.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter