XVII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss Lee?”

His eyes never leaving Yeonhee’s, as if he’s startstruck by her sudden appearance out of nowhere. Of all people he expected, why her? He thought he would’ve at least join a famous celebrity or something but no, it’s a fashion designer. Is Yeonhee a celebrity too? Well Yoona’s a fashion designer, and she’s one of the most popular young women in South Korea. Boys love her, girls envy her, commercial films want her. So there goes the possibility of Yeonhee being a celebrity too.

Yeonhee smiles, her mascara attracts her eye smile to be more appealing. “Hello Taecyeon,” she folds her arms, bowing her head slightly.

“Um,” he hesitates. “What are you doing here?”

“High Cut gave me a call,” she answers. “A pictorial to be featured in Vol. 113.”

“Oh,” Taecyeon says, scratching his eyebrow awkwardly. “Just that I didn’t expect you here, Miss Lee,” he mutters a nervous laugh.

Yeonhee reflects a hint of innocence in her smile, but with a devious gaze in her dark orbs. “I didn’t expect you myself,” she says naively. “Are you disapppointed to see me?” she buzzes.

Taecyeon shakes his head. “No, I’m not,” he disagrees. “Just a little bit of shock there but it’s great to see you again Miss Lee.”

“Why thank you Taecyeon,” she giggles. “Call me Yeonhee, let’s not get formal here.”

“Alright you two, time for the photoshoot!” Megan directs them toward a lonely couch for two with a blank white wallpaper as their background.

Taecyeon and Yeonhee are wearing a couple plaid blouse, patterned with red and blue stripes. The photographer instructs them to sit closer, requesting Taecyeon to sit back comfortably while Yeonhee drapes both of her legs onto his left leg, leaning her head lightly onto his left chest. She’s wearing a pair of sheer stockings and combat boots, as Taecyeon wears a pair of jeans and brown boots.

Just by looking at them, they appear ultimately close and now that Taecyeon has his arm around her, Yeonhee’s keeps a straight face as her heart skips a beat. Taecyeon feels a little awkward and shy himself, maintaining his calm posture for the camera.

After a short while, they are asked to change into formal clothes. Taecyeons gets a white suit, Yeonhee gains a black dress. Megan introduces them to two other celebrities scheduled for a photoshoot.

“Taecyeon, Yeonhee,” they turn to Megan’s voice, beholding two people dressed in formal clothes as well. “This is Kim Hyojin and Kim Kangwoo, you should know them right?”

Yeonhee eagrly greets the actor and actress. “It’s such an honor to meet you, Hyojin-ssi and Kangwoo-ssi,” she shakes their hands, bowing out of respect.

Hyojin grins, “I know Lee Yeonhee but who is this new face?”

“This is Ok Taecyeon, a rookie model but he’s just beginning his career. Soon he’s gonna be an all-time male model of Seoul,” Yeonhee takes the initiative to introduce Taecyeon herself.

Kangwoo pats Taecyeon’s shoulder. “He’s looking fine, you have a great future ahead of you son,” he regards.

Taecyeon recognizes them, copying Yeonhee’s greeting. “Ms. Kim, Mr. Kim, I’ve seen both of you in your respective movies and they’re great!”

It’s time to pose for the mini black and white themed pictorial, Taecyeon and Yeonhee stand beside Hyojin and Kangwoo as the photographer instructs to compress for the camera. Taecyeon places his hand freely onto Yeonhee’s waist, leaning his head to her hair.

He’s easy to open up. Yeonhee smirks at his position even though she faces the opposite side. The truth is, Yeonhee’s the one who has requested for Taecyeon to be included in this photoshoot. She called Megan Kim personally, giving her instructions to get Taecyeon no matter what the circumstances were. And so here they are, plan is going smoothly and easily. That plan is no other than to get close with Taecyeon. The first time she met him, he has left her craving for more of his whole being. He has no girlfriend, no crushes, dates or whatever so he seems free and ready to mingle. She is confident in their gradually improving relationship, hopefully it will end up as what she expects. Because she can’t wait to finally declare something she has, that Yoona doesn’t.

 

Krystal joins the executives for lunch, positioning her tray next to her good friend, Yuri.

“Hey Stal,” Seulong sits next to her, “What are you doing here you little minion?”

Krystal snorts, punching Seulong’s arm. “Shut up Seulong oppa,” she hisses.

Yuri chuckles at the both of them. “Krystal, we’re having a pool party back at Sooyoung’s place this evening. Wanna join us?”

“A pool party? Since when did you guys are hanging out lately?”

“Seulong and Khun have been wanting a night out, so we figured a good swim would be ideal.”

“Yeah, just join us Stal,” Seulong mutters through his stuffed mouth. “It’s gonna be fun since Jessica and Tiffany’s coming along.”

Krystal sips onto the glass of orange juice, her ears prick at her sister’s name. “What? Unnie’s coming?”

Yuri nods, “Me, Seulong, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Yonghwa, Chansung, Khun, Donghae, Jessica and Tiffany are coming. So, you in?”

“Hmm, fine I’ll go. But I’m not in for drinks,” she bites her lip, stifling a giggle.

“Oh come on you’re nineteen! You’re fine,” Seulong smirks, popping a grape in his mouth.

They eat in between talks until Krystal begins a worthy gossip. Although she’s not supposed to spread rumors or anything, she’s safe with the executives.

“What is it?” Yuri leans her head closer in curiosity.

Seulong shifts his tray away, focusing his glance on Krystal. “Spill it.”

“So recently, Younique’s October issue is out and when I entered Yoona-ssi’s office I caught her looking at Taecyeon-ssi’s picture,” she whispers so quietly, Seulong and Yuri lean closer than usual.

“What?” Yuri covers , preventing a squeal from coming out. “Are you serious Krystal?”

“Completely positive. I noticed her closing the magazine as fast as she could,” she adds.

“No,” Seulong shakes his head, following a snicker. “Miss Im is finally interested in a guy? Man, this is Dispatch worthy,” he smirks.

Yuri snaps a finger, asking Krystal and Seulong to come closer. “I know, how about we invite Taecyeon tonight and ask Jessica for Yoona to come. Yoona doesn’t turn down Jessica’s invites anyway.”

“Oh! Oh! And we’ll make sure to push Taecyeon oppa and Yoona unnie in that party. Have their moment or something,” Krystal giggles.

“As a friend of Yoona for five years, she’s not a one to get into the topic of guys but I think that’ll change soon,” Yuri rubs her palms together in anticipation. “Krystal, you caught a big one alright!”

Seulong and Yuri high-fives with Krystal at the same time, laughing afterwards. With high expectations, they begin to throw out their ideas for the upcoming pool party later.

 

“Hope to seeing you again Taecyeon,” Yeonhee says, clutching onto her purse as they make their way out of the revolving doors.

Taecyeon grins, nodding his head. “We will, hopefully.”

“Did you have fun today?”

“Oh absolutely, it’s great meeting with the High Cut crew and the actors,” he says.

Yeonhee chuckles, leaning in to peck his cheek. “Take care alright?” she waves off, sliding into the backseat of the car.

Taecyeon slides a palm down his cheek where Yeonhee just pecked at. He smiles unknowingly, watching her car drive off to the road. A vibration in his pocket interrupts his thoughts.

“Hello?” he speaks over the phone after fishing it out.

“Taec! It’s me Khun,” he hears Nichkhun’s voice vibrating in his ear enthusiastically.

Chuckling a little, he greets back. “Hey Khun, what’s up?”

“I’m fine, how’s the photoshoot?”

“It was great actually, I had fun. So why’d you call?”

“Oh nothing, just missing you here buddy! But hey I got something to ask you bro.”

“What is it?”

“We have a pool party tonight, and I’m inviting you over for a swim. You can’t back out on this one Taec,” Nichkhun urges.

“Pool party? Swimming at night huh?”

“Correct! So wanna come?”

Taecyeon glances at his watch, then around the area. “Sure, I’ll come. Why not?”

“Awesome! Meet me at Younique then, and we’ll go together. Bye!”

“Okay, bye!”

Hanging up the call, Taecyeon travels to the nearest bus stop and heads to Younique directly.

 

The atmosphere at Sooyoung’s modern pool house is loud and wild as everyone is laughing, splashing at one another in the water, and music blasting uncontrollably from the loudspeakers. From the look of it, it sure does look like a hectic night out. That’s the way it is, fun, free and frenzy. Sooyoung and Seohyun are at the cabana, preparing some food and drinks on the long table. Yuri and Tiffany are chatting by the pool chairs just beside the swimming pool. Seulong, Chansung, Donghae and Yonghwa are doing a few laps back and forth in the water.

Jessica, Krystal and Yoona arrive at Sooyoung’s house, heading straigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter