I

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A red leathered satchel, check.

Black stilettos, check.

Dark blue trench coat, check.

And topping it off with a pair of wayfarer sunglasses. Check.

Im Yoona tucks her fringe behind her ear while glancing at the mirror for the last time. She is ready and dressed up for the day. The sound of her heels clicks onto the marbled flooring as she marches her way out of her premium suite, heading towards the elevator. Her chaffeur waits patiently for her at the lobby, his attention diverts to her presence.

“Good morning Miss Im,” the chaffeur, Pierre, greets her with a bow.

“Morning,” Yoona replies with a nod.

Pierre is her personal chaffeur, a gentleman who is from Paris which explains the strong accent in his voice. He has been working for Yoona for about a year or so, but both of them has been fairly familiar with each other. Of course, the Im family is far by one of the most wealthiest in Seoul hence, Yoona experiences the life of the riches. She lives in a grand hotel whose manager shares a close friendship with her father, earns a degree from the University of Harvard, able to speak Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, English and French, owns a white volkswagen beetle and runs a fashion company.

How perfect.

Yoona hops out of the car after Pierre opens the door for her, walking right up to the entrance of the building. Passing through the revolving doors, all eyes fall upon her figure. Staffs and designers pick up their pace as they make their way to their work stations. Some hurry to the elevators, others taking quick turns in different corners of the first level. Designers scan their I.D. cards onto the platform in order for them to submit their attendance more efficiently. It is Yoona’s plan for her personnel, a way of committing themselves to be early for work because she does not tolerate tardiness. If one fails to report to her studio on time, they may lose his or her job with the snap of her finger. That is the reason why everyone fears Yoona’s presence when she arrives in her company, whether early or on time. Yoona is nice, the people under her roof knows that but she is strict most of the time, taking her work seriously and putting on an indifferent expression that she wears each day. She can be sweet and polite when someone does his or her job well, but she can be harsh and stern whenever someone fools around.

“Have a fabulous day Miss Im,” Pierre pushes the half-door to the side, allowing her to enter with confident steps.

“Thank you Pierre.”

Yoona waves him off as she enters the elevator that her assistant has on hold for her. No one ever rides the same lift as Yoona aside from her assistant, Krystal. Hearing the soft chime of the lift, the doors open.

“Good morning Yoona-ssi,” Krystal bows at her with a smile on her face.

Yoona grins, walking along with Krystal. “There’s a meeting at the conference room today and after that, it will be the studio as usual,” Krystal reads out what she has written on her list.

“A meeting?”

Krystal nods. “Yes, the executives have prepared what’s going to be the trends for this month.”

Yoona makes her appearance in the conference room, glancing at each of the executives who are sitting back on their swivel chairs. Krystal follows behind her hastily, taking a seat up front.

“Morning everyone.”

“Good morning,” they bow their heads, greeting back at her.

Yoona settles down on the big swivel chair at the center edge of the long table, facing the screen.

“Let’s begin,” she orders, leaning back on her chair comfortably.

One of the executives, Yuri stands and walks up to the front near the screen. A title flashes from the projector with bold words saying, ‘Autumn Highlights’. Summer is over and fall comes in South Korea, the season where it gets cooler as brown autumn leaves drop onto the ground. Fall is also Yoona’s favorite season which is why she anticipates the upcoming designs on the list.

“It’s finally autumn and our highlights this month will be coats, blazers and jackets. Outerwear is essential when it comes to fall so we came up with different designs, from trench coats to leather jackets. Like the examples we have over here,” Yuri gestures at the screen which shows different kinds of styles and designs. A few executives turn to Yoona to check her reaction. She looks interested which is a good sign for them. If she isn’t, that means she does not approve and will throw a fit to her executives.

“I like them,” Yoona nods her head, casually placing a finger under her chin. “Do we have a featured outerwear?”

Yuri nods. “We decided that a trench coat shall be the under the spotlight this month. It shall be plaid, basic or in leopard pattern. What do you think Miss Im?” Yuri shows the three designs on the screen.

Yoona leans forward and points at the screen. “I pick the leopard pattern, black and white to be exact.”

“Alright then the leopard trench coat shall be the main highlight for Younique,” Yuri smiles, heading back to her seat.

Mentioning about Yoona running a fashion company, here’s how it works. Yoona is the President of Younique, a prestigious company in the fashion industry which miraculously grows as a million-dollar enterprise in Korea, also beginning to reach out abroad. It starts when Yoona decides to be a fashion designer and sets up a fashion studio of her own. When her talents has been recognized, she catwalks along the path of fame and fortune where she stands right on top of the fashion industry becoming superior among the rest of the designers. Her father helps her out with the company, allowing her to have her own title as a professional fashion designer. Rookies desire to be part of Younique, wanting to be taught by Yoona herself. But of course, it isn’t easy to work for Younique due to its requirements and expectations. People tend to kill for this job, since it is a well-known brand after all.

“I’ll go over the designs you’ve picked and then we’re done. Dismissed,” Yoona stands up while the executives bow and scatter to their offices.  

Krystal follows Yoona to the main studio where rookie designers practice and carry out their work. All trainees stand up straight, as the President herself march in the studio.

“Good morning everyone.”

“Good morning Miss Im,” they greet and bow before her.

Yoona stands next to a mannequin hidden under a cloak. “Your project this week shall be,” she removes the piece of cloth, revealing the apparel on the figure.

Trainees bite their lips, focusing on their project which is going to be challenging.

“A blazer,” Yoona run her fingers across the fabric. “It’s the beginning of fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter