SISTERS PAIN

Sometimes love just ain't enough...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   

 

 

 

       The day that they feared the most has come...  Dara is currently inside the operating room for her surgery while Bom was sitting on the bench outside the operating room with fear on her eyes,... TOP on the other hand, was standing while leaning his back on the wall beside Bom. He looks calm but deep inside him, he's as nervous as Bom.

 

        Bom suddenly rose from her seat and started walking back and forth in front of the operating room with a trembling body, it's been 4 hours since they started the operation and she's scared to death since they have no idea what's happening inside...

 

     TOP let out a deep sigh... "Bommie, can you please sit down and calm down..." he said...  he can't stare at her for too long seeing how she was trembling in every moment that had passed... the first hour of the operation, she keeps on crying to the point that he thought she would have a nervous breakdown, good thing Byul was there to calm her down... but throughout the time she was praying really hard for Dara's safety as she continuously being emotional...

 

     "Tabi..."Bom stopped from walking and faced him... "what's taking them so long..."she asked impatiently... fear is started in taking over her mind and body, and it's making her crazy... questions filled her mind like will she be able to see Dara again? Can Dara come out of the operating room alive? will she be able to see her smile again? etc... she doesn't want to think any negative thoughts but the fear of losing Dara is a thing that she can't handle...

 

    TOP stood in front of her, wiping the tears in her eyes...  " stop crying..." he softly whispered.... "Dara might see you crying right now and you know she hates seeing you crying..."

 

     ... "I'm afraid Tabi..." Bom's voice cracking as she continued... "what if.... what if-"

 

     "shhhh" TOP cut her off... " she's not going to die.... okay? she will fight for us... for you and for Byul noona..."....

 

     Bom looked at him in the eye while understanding every words he said... "yeah, Dara will not leave us.... I should stop thinking negative thoughts because I know she will win on her own battle..."she thought... she heaved a deep breath before shifting her gaze back to the operating room...  " but, what's taking them so long... it's been hours already but they're still inside..." she asked worriedly

 

    TOP smiled at her...  "Bom relax... they're trying their best to save Dara... so let's just pray for her safety..."

 

     Bom nodded... "by the way, where is Byul unnie?" she asked

 

     ...."she's at the chapel with Dong Wook hyung..."TOP answered

 

     "Chapel?"...

 

     TOP nodded before shifting his gaze behind her... "Oh, they're here..."he said while looking at Han Byul and Dong Wook heading their way towards them...

                                                                                                          

     "Is Dara still inside?"Byul immediately asked with uneasiness. She  stayed at the chapel, praying for Dara's safety. She wanted to clear her mind and think of Dara only. She wanted forget the pain, hate, and revenge for a while and think for Dara's safety...

 

    .... "U-Unnie..." Bom whispered with tears b into her eyes...

 

    Han Byul smiled and held her hand firmly...beside Dara, Bom is the only family she have... and if there's one person she knows who truly cares for Dara, that's Bom... "It's okay Bom,  Mom and Dad won't take Dara away from us..."she said... "Dara is fighting for her life to come back to us  so let's trust her... she will come out alive on that room..."...

 

     Then, after a long hours of waiting, the door to the operating room opened. Byul and Bom's hearts raced  seeing Dr. Kim coming out tiredly...

 

     Byul is the first one to approached him...   "D-Dr. Kim..." her voice cracking as she continue... " how's my s-sister...?"

 

     Dr. Kim sighed heavily while staring at them... "Byul, Bom..."

 

     "S-she's safe now isn't she?"Bom asked in a raspy voice

 

     ..."Dara had a cardiac arrest thrice, but we revived her..." Dr. Kim explained

 

    ....  "oh my god..."Bom cover her lips as a gasp escaped through ...

 

     Byul shut her eyes firmly, controlling all the emotions that's she's starting to feel... after calming herself she opened her eyes, facing Dr. Kim ...  "s-so she's not in danger anymore?"

 

    Dr. Kim shook his head...  "she's still danger, so we will transfer her to the ICU..."he simply answered... "we revived her but right now she's in a coma... "

 

     Byul stared at him with confusion... "what do you mean...? coma?..." she asked with heart beating faster...

 

     ... "the next 48 hours will be critical for her... we have to observe her closely... if she didn't wake up within 48 hours..." he paused nervously before looking at them

 

    A loud gasp escaped from Bom's mouth with so much worries on her eyes... she knew what he meant about Dara not waking up within 48 hours... how she wished she's stupid enough not to understand what he just said but unfortunately she understand everything and it's hurting her... hearing the cardiac arrest to the 48 hours deadline makes her body and mind feels weak, good thing TOP was quick enough to stand beside her and gently pulled her body into his arms......

 

     Dong Wook worriedly stares at her wife... "Byul..." he whispered with so much concern on his voice seeing how the news is slowly breaking her apart...

 

     Han Byul kept a steady gaze on Dr. Kim with pained eyes... her high hopes is slowly falling apart. Dara means the world to her, losing her also means losing everything... she clenched her fist with the sudden anger she's feeling towards the people who brought pain to Dara..."Dr. Kim... tell me straight..., will she be able to survive?"she asked bravely

 

     Dr. Kim looked straight into her eyes. It also pained him to see them suffering, but he already did his best to save Dara... "let's just hope she will wake up, or else we could lose her... forever..."...

 

     "Dr. Kim!"Han Byul shouted with tears b into her eyes...Goodbye's... she hates goodbyes... her whole body now starts to tremble because of fear and anger... "will she be able to survive?" she repeated through gritted teeth...

 

     Dr. Kim heaved a deep sigh... "Honestly speaking Byul, I can say that we have a successful operation but now it's up to her if she wants to survive... we did our very best to save her, I'm now leaving everything to her to save herself..."

 

     Han Byul let the tears from her eyes to fall freely on her beautiful face as she understood what the doctor meant... Jiyong is her life... she'd rather die without him.... she snapped her head towards the operating room, "Dara..."she whispered...  

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

     "Yah! Bom unnie..."CL stomped her feet irritably while glaring at Bom... "I told you we want to see Dara unnie, but why did you asked us to meet you here..." she complained...  she called Bom to ask Dara's whereabouts since they're not on their house and that she and Minzy wanted to see her but Bom told them to meet her first at the hospital. At first, they felt nervous at the thought of Bom in the hospital, they thought something bad happened to her...

 

       "Bom unnie, you seems okay. Is Dara unnie sick?"Minzy spoke up with worry... "is she here?"

 

     ... "what?..." CL's eyes widen while staring at Bom... "Yah Unnie she didn't hurt herself right? she didn't commit suicide, right?" she asked in panicked

 

     But Bom just stared at them, void of any emotion... she's tired physically and mentally... she's tired of fighting and holding on... she feels like giving up any moment but she knew she can't...

 

     "Yah unnie..." CL's voice snapped her out of her reveries...

 

    Bom sighed heavily...  "can you please stop asking me questions?" she asked in a pleading voice.... "just follow me if you want to see Dara..."she said.

 

     CL and Minzy both passed each other a confused look before following her. It's the first time that they saw Bom being serious and broken, making their heart beats faster for every steps they make...

 

     ......"Why do I have a feeling that something bad happened..."Minzy whispered with uneasiness....

 

     While CL is quietly following Bom, she can't help herself from thinking of negative thoughts just like Minzy... then her mind went blank when her eyes darted in a certain room where Bom is heading her way...

 

     "U-Unnie..."... Minzy held CL's arm nervously but the latter remained calm...

 

     CL shook away the bad thoughts on her mind... "No, we're not going there..."she thought. but her hopes shattered into pieces when Bom stopped in front of the I.C.U...

 

     Minzy stood frozen on her spot while looking at Bom unbelievingly... "B-Bom Unnie..."....

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter