[ 1 ] A SISTER'S LOVE

Sometimes love just ain't enough...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     Bom was staring worriedly  at the sleeping face of her beloved cousin... "Dara..." she softly whispered  before letting out a heart wrenching sob...... fear gripped into her body when she remember the time Dara fainted in front of her... she suddenly realize that she's not yet ready to lose her...

 

 

     After Dara fainted, she got help from a stranger and brought Dara to the hospital. Dr. Kim who just arrived that time quickly assessed and treat Dara.

 

 

     "Bommie..."TOP called out with so much concern on his voice. Bom have been silently crying all night and it made him worry for her health... "... go home and have some rest..."...

 

 

     Bom shook her head... "No,  I want to stay here..." she said between her sobs...

 

 

    TOP let out a sigh... "Bommie, look at yourself... you don't want Dara to see you like that... you'll just make her worried when she wakes up..."

 

 

     But instead of answering,  Bom slowly reached  Dara's hand and squeezed it... "Look at her sleeping face Tabi... " she said, her voice cracking as she continued.. "she's sleeping peacefully, there's no evident of any pain and hurt on her face..."

 

 

     "Bom...." TOP softly squeezed her shoulder...

 

 

    .... "But I don't want her to sleep for a long time...."Bom tried to stifle her tears before lifting her gaze and met his eyes ... "she needs to wake up Tabi... she needs to wake up..."...

 

 

    TOP stared into her warm, pleading eyes...  "she will..."he told her... "she will wake up, we just need to wait..."....

 

 

    ....  "I'm scared Tabi... I'm scared... what if... what if-"

 

 

     "she won't die Bom..."TOP clenched his jaw hearing Bom's broken voice, he don't want to lie but  he wanted to lessen all the burden and worries that she have...... "no matter how hurt she is right now, she's strong enough to give up her life just like that... she's not stupid Bom..."

 

 

     Bom anxiously turned her gaze back to Dara... "If only Jiyong didn't cheat on Dara.... maybe... maybe---"....

 

 

     .... "blaming him won't help the situation right now..." TOP cut her off while looking at Dara... "no matter how much we blame him, no matter how much you despise him, it won't save Dara's life..."

 

 

     Bom shook her head in defeat... "I don't know what to do anymore..." she said, wiping the tears on her face...

 

 

     TOP lowered his gaze face Bom... "You already did everything for her... " he said... "all you need to do is to trust her to win her battle... be strong and brave for her..."

 

 

     Bom fell silent while staring at Dara... she wanted to be strong for her, but fears and worries are stopping her from being brave and strong for her cousin... "what should I do Dara? what should I do?"....

 

 

     Just then, the door open widely revealing Dr. Kim who's been constantly checking up on Dara from time to time......

 

 

     TOP bowed his head to greet him while Bom stood up from her seat and immediately wipe the remaining tears on her face... "Dr. K-Kim..." she called out with a shaky voice...

 

 

     Dr. Kim gave them a small nod before walking towards Dara... he stood beside her bed and starts checking her vitals sign...  

 

 

    Bom quietly watched Dr. Kim while he carefully checks everything on Dara... Seeing her hands shaking, TOP immediately held her hand and squeezed it tightly... "Don't worry..." he whispered with a smile...

 

 

     After Dr. Kim finished checking on Dara, he turned to face Bom with a serious expression... "Last night, you're not in a good condition so I can't talk to you regarding Dara's condition, but now I think you're okay..." he said...

 

 

     "Dr. Kim-"

 

 

     "I need to tell you something important Bom..."...

 

 

     The moment Bom met Dr. Kim's eyes, she knew a bad news is coming from him...  her body starts to tremble because of fear... But she knew she have to bravely face everything about Dara's condition... "a-about what?" she asked... "is this about Dara? h-how is she?"

 

 

     Dr. Kim heaved a deep sigh...... "honestly speaking, she's in a bad situation..."he admitted.. " her stubbornness led her to the dangerous situation that we're trying to avoid..." ...

 

 

     "D-Dr. Kim..."

 

 

     Dr. Kim gave TOP a quick glance before shifting his gaze back to Bom... "I already told this to her and I think I should tell you this...  for you to prepare yourself..."

 

 

     Bom bit her lip nervously... "w-what are you saying?"....

 

 

     Though it's hard for Dr. Kim to see the fear and pain on Bom's eyes, he still bravely met her eyes... even though it hurts, as a Doctor it's his job to tell the family's relatives the truth about his patient's condition...  "Dara's chance to live is decreased to 90/10 %..."

 

 

    Bom took a stepped back while disbelievingly looking at Dr. Kim... she then shook her head... "No..."her voice came in as firm but a little shaken ... "you said you could save her... "

 

 

     "Bom..." TOP looked at her worriedly...

 

 

    ... "I told you I will try my best to save her, I never give an assurance that she will survive..." Dr. Kim explained...

 

 

    Bom swallowed hard...  "a-are you giving up on her..."

 

 

     Dr. Kim shook her head... "when it comes to your family, giving up is not in my dictionary...but..." he looked at her with pure sadness on his eyes...

 

 

     "Dr. Kim..." Bom's voice is almost pleading....

 

 

     "Like I said, I will try my best, even she doesn't want to survive..." Dr. Kim told her firmly.... "I know the reason why she's stress these past few days, she told me everything... and I can feel that she's giving up which I'm afraid of, but I won't give up on her..."

 

 

     "Dr. Kim, please save her..." TOP spoke up...

 

 

     Dr. Kim nods... "That's why I need to talk to you, Bom. I need your help..."he said... "I ran a few laboratory tests and all were pretty bad..."

 

 

     "W-What do you mean?" Bom asked worriedly...

 

 

     "Dara is in a dangerous situation right now... "Dr. Kim told them, his voice hinting sadness... "she should be conscious right now, but as you can see, she still hasn't woken up......"

 

 

     ... "Dr. Kim... tell me straight...."

 

 

    Dr. Kim stared at her for a while with so much concern before answering... "like what I told you, she's in a dangerous situation, and I suggest we do the operation sooner..."

 

 

     Bom and TOP looked at each other with confusion before turning their gaze back to Dr. Kim... "Sooner?" TOP questioned...

 

 

     Dr. Kim nodded... "I will prepare everything so that we could do the operation tomorrow or maybe the next day...."he continued

 

 

    "t-that soon?"Bom's voice started to crack as her eyes started to moist again...... "But she hasn't even woken up, i-is it safe for her to undergo to s-surgery?"

 

 

     ..., Dr. Kim felt his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter