THE PROPOSAL

Sometimes love just ain't enough...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


      Dara stirred on bed, feeling a little pain on her head. She waited until the pain subside before opening her eyes… she turn her head to her side just to see the bed empty … she looked around the room, but no one’s there, “where is he?” she asked herself,… 

 


     She heaved a deep sigh with disappointment because she’s expecting Jiyong to be on her side when she wakes up… “is he mad at me for ditching him yesterday?” she thought…

 


     After a few minutes of thinking why he‘d left, she finally stood up, making her way to the bathroom to clean herself…  After taking a shower, she walked straight to their closet and pulled out some clothes…  She wore a white shirt, pairing it with black shorts. she then grabbed her phone on top of their bed and ran down on the stairs just to find Minzy on the living room…. “Minzy?” she called out, frowning

 


    Minzy‘s head snapped to her direction as soon as she heard her voice… “DARA UNNIE!!!!”……She called in a cheerful tone before running towards her

 


     Dara raised a brow, giving her a confused look…. “Minji-ah, what are you doing here? And where is Jiyong?” she asked

 


     But before the maknae could even answer her, another voice was heard……

 


     “MINJI-AH!!!!! IS THAT DARA UNNIE? BRING HER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 


     “NEH UNNIE….” Minzy shouted back

 


     “Yah! Why are you shouting?…” dara questioned in a loud voice...“and is that Chaerin?”  

 


     Minzy smiled at her cutely while nodding… “let’s go unnie….” she said, before grabbing her arms and pulled her towards the kitchen.


     “yah!!…-”

 


     “Unnie save your question later, okay?…” Minzy cut her off while pulling her with her until they reached  the kitchen… “Chaerin unnie, she’s here!!!” she said in her cute voice…

 


     CL who is busy preparing the food on the table, lifted her gaze to face them… “Oh unnie, good thing you already clean yourself…” … she said giving them her sweet smile

 


     Dara crossed her arms over her chest, staring intently at CL… “and why is that?” she asked… “and why are you here? Where is Jiyong?” she asked again, hoping that CL will give her an answer…

 


     “Aigoo…” Cl walked up to her and pulled her down to the nearest chair… “ we’re here because of a mission. And that mission… is  uhmm…” she paused,  thinking of the right words to say… “….  you’ll find out later…. Now you need to eat your breakfast first, or else Jiyong oppa will get mad at us…” 

 


      “Jiyong?”… Dara looked at her, puzzled…

 


     CL‘s phone suddenly started to ring.. “Oh wait… I think the bominator is calling…” she said while picking up her phone… “hello Unnie… oh… yes… she‘s here, she just woke up…. arasso” she said before hanging up

 


     “What did Bom unnie say?” Minzy asked CL, who is sitting beside Dara, 

 


     “she’s on her way now, so hurry up and eat…” CL answered while serving the foods for them…

 


     “wait, Bom is coming?” Dara asked eyeing the two suspiciously…  every time Bom comes, she knows something is up….“okay… what the hell is really happening here? What are you up to?” 

 


     CL raised a brow and giggle… “aigoo unnie,  stop looking at us like we’re going to do something stupid….” she told her…

 


      “aren’t you?”

 


     “we’ll maybe.. if it’s only Bom unnie for sure it’s stupid, but since Minzy and I were here, you don’t have to worry…” CL answered with a playful wink… 

 


     “yah! Chaer-”

 


     “I already answered some of your questions, so can you please eat now or else Bom unnie will fry your …” CL said cutting her off…

 


     Dara  let out an audible sigh… she looked at her questioningly but followed her without another word. Based on their actions, she knows they’re not going to say anything to her…

 

 

     After they finished eating, Chaerin and Minzy volunteered to do the dishes and clean the table, while they asked Dara to just sit down…  

 


     “okay, they’re really weird today” dara whispered while watching the two intently, as if observing them… their actions makes her wonder on what’s really happening specially on CL who hates house chores but volunteered to wash the dishes…
 


     “GIRLS I’M HERE!!!!!!!” Bom voice suddenly boomed around the house

 


     “UNNIE WE’RE HERE AT THE KITCHEN!!!!” CL shouted back  before giving Minzy a meaningful look which didn‘t escape from Dara‘s eyes..… 

 


     “Good morning…” Bom appeared in front of them with a grin on her face…. She then turned her gaze to dara …“morning my beautiful cousin…”  she greets with a wink…

 


     Dara looked at her strangely … “o..kay…” she said giving Minzy and CL a glance before turning her gaze back to Bom… “you’re all acting weird today? Since you’re here now, can you at least explain to me why these 2 girls is here and why are you all acting weird?” she asked pointing at them… it’s not that she hates seeing them on Jiyong’s house, she just feels that they’re up to something… 

 


     Bom smiled at her cutely before answering… “uhmm, let’s just say me and the girls decided to take you out… as in hangout together… shopping, etc…and we are going to my favorite salon to make us pretty…” 

 


     Dara raised a brow… “mall? Hang out? And salon?…… are you serious?” she questioned them in disbelief… they are supposed to be on their school to attend their classes and continue doing their thesis …

 


     “Of course… I‘m serious ” Bom answered with a grin on her face… “ why? Don’t you want to hang out with us? Ouch… dara you just hurt my feelings… I’ve planned this since yesterday…”

 


     Dara rolled her eyes… “Yah! Stop being dramatic… it doesn’t suit you…” she told her… “seriously? What’s happening?” she asked again, not convince to Bom’s explanation…

 


     Minzy who doesn’t want to spoil the surprise, immediately wrapped her arm to Dara, while leaning her head to her shoulder… “unnie, we just missed you… you’ve been busy lately going back and fort to new york and with your thesis… we just want to spend time with you, especially me…” she said, pouting

 


     Dara shook her head seeing Minzy’s aegyo..…  she chuckled… “aigoo, Minzy ah…”

 


     “Minzy is right unnie… and forget about the thesis just for today… we‘re almost done anyway so no worries..” CL butted in, … “we just want to spend time with you when you’re still available… because in the next months… we know you can only be with us in a short time…”

 


     Dara turned to her direction… “huh?” 

 


     “arasso… Dara-yah” Bom passed CL a meaningful look before shifting her gaze back to dara…    “go to your room and change your clothes… we need to go… we have so many things to do today… specially you…” she said, pulling Dara up from her seat…  and even before she could complain, Bom already pushed her out of the kitchen to go up and change…

 

 

    Minzy sighed…  “Aigoo… I will miss hanging out with Dara unnie after this…” she said…

 


     Bom smiled at her sweetly before tapping her shoulder… “don’t worry Minji-ah, I will kill Jiyong if he won’t let us borrow Dara from him…” she said grinning….

 

 

 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

     The girls are happily roaming around the mall while buying anything they want… after a busy months, they’re glad they could take a break to have fun… Dara happily watch her friends who are busy choosing some bags… 

 


     Bom saw her staring at them and smiled back at her, before turning around to face their maknae… at the sight of them three laughing makes her happy… “ whatever happen, I hope you can still smile like that…” she thought,  heaving a deep breathe before making her way out of the shop… since she has nothing to buy so she decided to just wait for them outside the shop… while waiting for them, she busy herself looking around, her eyes landed on a familiar jewelry shop near her… she slowly walk towards the shop without telling her friends… she stood at the side of the shop where she can see some jewelries behind the glass… she looked at the jewelries closely hoping to find the ring that caught her eyes before…  but much to her disappointment… the ring is already gone… “maybe someone already bought it…” she thought with sadness

 


     “Dara…” ….. A familiar voice  snapped her out of her trance

 


     Dara turned to her side to face her cousin…. “Bommie-ah…” she softly called 

 


     Bom looked at me carefully sensing that something is wrong… “what’s wrong?” she asked worriedly

 


     Dara gave her a sad smile before turning her gaze back to the jewelries… “Bommie-ah… do you remember the ring that we saw before in this store?” 

 


     Bom nodded in understanding.… “neh…the engagement ring…”

 


     “it’s gone, Bommie…” dara told her… her voice hinting sadness… “someone already bought it…”

 


     Bom smiled  before turning her gaze to the jewelries in front of them… “dara, there are things that you thought it’s already gone but the truth is, it’s just around the corner…. There are things that you thought some thing is not yours, but the truth is it’s really yours…” she said…

 


     Dara turned to face her… “what are you saying?” she asked frowning… “what’s with you? You keep on saying words that I cant understand?”

 


     Bom softly laughed while staring at her cousin… “nothing….  don’t worry you’ll see soon what you’re looking for…..”

 


     Dara shook her head… “aigoo, Bommie…. You’re really weird today…”

 


     Bom suddenly checked the time in her watch before looking at her… “hey we still have an appointment to the salon… we need to go and  have your hair and make up done for tonight…”

 


     Dara raised a brow… “tonight? What’s the occasion tonight?” she asked in confusion

 


     Bom grinned excitedly… “you’ll know later…” she said pulling Dara with her…

 

 

 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

      “Unnie, did oppa call you already?” CL softly whispered to Bom making sure that Dara will not hear them… they are now in front  of a private place that only rich people can afford and a perfect place for the surprise they prepared for Dara. It’s already half an hour that they arrived and been  waiting for a call from someone inside to give them a signal to enter the place, but no one is calling… 

 


     Bom shook her head and sigh.. “I tried to call Tabi but he’s not answering his phone..” she softly answered

 


     “aisshhtt… Youngbae is not answering either…” CL whined before glancing to Dara… “Dara unnie is already losing her patience waiting here… any minute from now I‘m sure she‘ll ask us to go home” she told her worriedly… 

 


     “I know…” Bom answered back… “and I’m also starting to lose my patience to those idiots…” … she muttered angrily.. .while they are on their way to the venue, dara kept on asking them questions and all they have to do  is shut their mouth or else they might  ruin the surprise… 

 

 

   “Bommie-ah.. Chaerin-ah…” Dara called out… “ what are we still doing here? Aren’t we going inside?” she asked impatiently

 


     Bommie sighed before facing Dara… “Darayah… just wait a bit more…”

 


     “But we’ve been waiting for almost an hour already…” Dara blurted out in irritation… “why just don’t we go back home instead of waiting here…”

 


     Bom was about to answer  her when her phone started to ring, she looked at the caller and smiled… “I guess we don’t need to go home..” she said, grinning….

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

     TOP stood beside Jiyong who is watching the sunset while waiting for his girl… “ it’s getting dark… a perfect time for the surprise you prepared for her…” he said as he crossed his arms across his chest while looking to the sky… “by the way, I already called Bom…” 

 

 

     Jiyongsmiled while he kept a steady gaze on the beautiful view of the sunset in front of  him… “thanks hyung…” 

 

 

     TOP gave a small nod before smiling… “who would have thought that the very known ‘KWON JIYONG THE CHARISMATIC PLAYBOY’ would eventually changed because of a girl….” he said, remembering their past…

 


     Jiyong turned his head to face him with a frown…

 


     TOP chuckled… “you know Jiyong, Youngbae and I never thought that you will give up your title as a playboy that easily… Of course, I admit we’re on the same boat before, but you all know that I’m willing to give up that life when I meet the right girl for me… but you..  who don’t even believed in love before, always tell us that you’re happy with what you are doing, that you’re not planning to have a serious relationship and may impossible for you to feel LOVE…” he said.. “but look at you now… you are happily in love with the right girl…”

 


     Jiyong smirked… “ neh, who would have thought that I’d be tamed by a simple girl… and now, I’m crazy in love with her…” he admitted

 


     “I’m happy for you, Ji…” TOP told him… “I’m happy that you are now a man…..” he said tapping his shoulder

 


     Jiyong nods… “thanks hyung…”

 


     “she’ll be here any seconds from now… Good luck man…” Top said before leaving…

 


     Jiyong heaved a deep breath as he looked up to the dark sky… “this is it, baby…” he said, smiling….

 

 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


     “where are we really going Park Bom?” Dara asked while being dragged by Bom, but the latter just continue walking, ignoring her questions…

 


     After a minutes of walking, Bom suddenly stopped and put a smile on her face before facing Dara…

 


     Dara looked at with confusion… “Yah Park Bom… what is really going on?  I’m starting to loose my patience to the three of you… so you better give me an answer… NOW!” she demanded

 


     Bom looked at her straight in the eye…  “dara-yah…” she gently held her hand … “you know that you’re not just a cousin to me but a real sister as well… I’ve witnessed everything that happened to you…  the hurt… the pain that they caused you… I witnessed them all… and all I could think that time is how to help you from your misery… if only I could be you, I’m willing to do it…”

 


     Dara uncon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter