LETTING GO

Sometimes love just ain't enough...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

 

     Jiyong immediately parked his car in front of their house.  he woke up early just to see his mom and talk to her...after the heat confrontation with his mom, he decided to talk to her when they both cooled down... he knew it'll be hard to please his mom and understand his situation, but he will do everything for Sohee...

 

     "where's omma?"he asked one of the  maids as soon as he entered their house...

 

     The maid bowed her head down to greet him... "good morning young master..."...she then lifted her gaze up to face him.. "you're mom is still in her room..."

 

     "okay... thank you..." Jiyong said before rushing into his mother's room...  As soon as he reached her roo, he heave a deep breath as he prepares himself for another heat argument again between his mom...  "omma..." he called out before knocking on her door, but he got no answer from his mom ... "omma..."he called again before slowly opening the door and quietly stepped inside. He looked around and saw his mom standing in front of the glass wall with a wine on her hand staring down at her garden...

 

      Jiyong sighed guiltily seeing how he made his mother sad... "omma... isn't it too early for you to drink wine?..."he asked as he walks towards her...

 

     ........."do you know why I like Dara for you Jiyong?" Mrs. Kwon asked quietly but loud enough for Jiyong to hear...her voice is hinting sadness and still wasn't looking at him.... " everyone might think that I like her for you because of their wealth..."...

 

     ..."omma..."

 

     "but that's not my reason..." Mrs. Kwon continued... " I'd watched you and protected you when you were still young, I always shouted the maids everytime you scraped your knees... even if I'm busy on our business, I made sure that no one can harm you... ... " she paused, placing the glass of wine on the table beside her and sighed...... "and now I am still doing everything for you, I am still making sure that no one can harm you, that no one can take your happiness..."

 

     ...." Sohee is my happiness omma..." He said sternly.

 

     Mrs. Kwon crossed her arms and continued, "when you became independent, you changed... you became totally different from the son I used to know... it breaks my heart to see you that way... I somehow blamed myself because I know I'm part of that changes..."

 

    "omma why are you-"

 

     "skipping classes, going to the bars every night, dead drunk every night, playing with girls...."she said, cutting him off... "do you know what I felt every time I received those reports..."

 

     Jiyong stared at her mom with so much guilt. he remembers those times... those times that he became wild... "omma..."

 

      Mrs. Kwon looked up to the sky and heaved a deep  breath..." I kept on thinking some ways to get you out from your wrong doings but I can't think of anything..."she said... "when I was about to give up, an angel came to save you..."

 

    "om-"

 

    "Dara came to save you before you ruin your life and me from going crazy..." Mrs. Kwon turned sharply to face his son... "now do you understand why I'm fighting for Dara?"

 

     "don't you think it's unfair to Dara...." Jiyong asked

 

     Mrs. Kwon took an exasperating breath.... "Dara came here last night to talk to me..." she said looking straight into Jiyong's eyes...

 

     "w-what did she s-say?"  Jiyong a breath and stared back at his mother... "d-did she asked for your h-help? did she b-beg you?"

 

     Mrs. Kwon narrowed her eyes while looking at her son..."yes, she begged me...."she gritted out, remembering the talk she had with Dara... "she begged me to let you go...."

 

      Jiyong's eyes widen...."w-what?" 

 

     flashback:

 

     "D-dara...."Mrs. Kwon looked at her worriedly... "what are you saying?"

 

     "omma... if you're really sorry for what Jiyong did to me then do me a favor...." Dara tried to smile even though her heart is already breaking into pieces... " j-just let him go... let the two of them to be together..."

 

     "D-Dara why are you doing this? I'm on your side. I will help you to get him back..." Mrs. Kwon assured her...

 

     But Dara shook her head... "No... you don't understand omma..."

 

     "Dara!..."

 

     Dara wiped the tears forming in her eyes...."You know how much I love your son... and I'm willing to do everything for him..."she said... "just like you, his happiness is also important to me-"

 

     "you are his happiness...." Mrs. Kwon hissed angrily...

 

     .... "that was before omma...  he was happy with me before, but now..."... Dara looked at her with so much pain in her eyes...  "so please, I'm begging you... if you really care for me and feel sorry then grant my wish... don't disown your only son and let him be happy with Sohee..."

 

    Mrs. Kwon looked at her questioningly ... "Dara do you know what you're asking me right now? you're letting him g-"

 

     "I... I don't want to let him go, God knows how much I want him to be on  my side..."  Dara answered with so much pain... giving him up is like giving up her life and it's killing her...... "and it really hurts me to give him to someone...

 

     "then dont!..." Mrs. Kwon exclaimed in frustration

 

     But Dara meet her eyes tiredly... tired from all the things that happening... "I already lost omma..."

 

     "Dara... "

 

     Dara smiled with tears falling from her eyes...... "I'm okay omma... I will be okay..." she lied...

 

      Mrs. Kwon stared at Dara worriedly... "Mianhe Dara... I'm really sorry..."

 

    ...."if you're really sorry then grant my wish, omma...."Dara asked again, her voice is pleading... "please...."

 

     "Dara you can ask me anything but that..."

 

     "please omma... just let them be together and don't do anything to them.... please....?"

 

     "why are you making it hard for you Dara? you're just trying to hurt yourself more..." Mrs. Kwon asked with so much concern on her voice.... "why are you giving up on Jiyong that easily? don't you love him?"

 

    "I love him with all my life, omma...." Dara answered with pure sadness... "but I already did everything... I even begged and kneeled to the people who doesn't even deserve my beg, I even swallowed my pride..... yet he still chose her..."

 

     "dara..."

 

     "I already did everything... I already give everything and I have nothing left to give..."

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

      Jiyong stared at his mom with a shock expression... "D.. Dara did t-that?"... he disbelievingly asked......

 

     ... "how could you do this Jiyong?...."his mother seethed in anger... "how could you do this to Dara?"...

 

     Jiyong fell silent... Dara was so desperate to win him back, so what made her change her mind?....

 

     Mrs. Kwon clenched her fist to restrain herself from bursting out in anger... "Dara is such a nice girl, an angel... and you breaking her heart like that makes me want to kill you right now..."she hissed

 

     "Omma..."

 

     " I agreed to what she asked me so it can lessen the guilt that I'm feeling..."Mrs. Kwon told him with a blank expression...

 

     Jiyong lifted his gaze and met his mother's eyes furiosly lookinng at him... "omma... thank you..."

 

     ...."you should thank Dara... she's still thinking about you until the end despite of what you did to her..."...

 

    Jiyong gave her a small nod... "I will but-"

 

    " I promised Dara not to hurt your but it doesn't mean that I will accept her..." Mrs. Kwon gritted out... "that will never happen, even if I die..."

 

    "omma-"

 

     "go... I want to rest..."

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

     Dara stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter