BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

Sometimes love just ain't enough...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

     "you already decided Dara... why are you still crying?..." Dara asked herself while looking up to the stars. It's already late at night but she decided to stopped and spend some time at Han River after her meeting with Jiyong. She wanted to be alone to think through and to clear her mind. While talking to Jiyong, part of her wanted to get him back again but part of her tells her that she did the right thing, especially after talking to her doctor...

 

     FLASHBACK:

 

    "Dara..."

 

     Dara  smiled to greet her Doctor who just entered her room. she's currently on the hospital to get a treatment for the pain she's feeling all over her body... "Hi, Dr. Kim...."

 

    "And you have the nerve to smile at me after what you've done..."Dr. Kim scolded her...

 

     "I'm sorry..." she said apologetically...

 

    Dr. Kim let out a sigh... "you're putting your life in danger, do you know that Dara?"

 

     "I know..."Dara weakly  answered

 

     "I told you to stay away from stress, to rest-"

 

    "Dr. Kim..." Dara cut him off.... "what is it?"

 

     Dr. Kim stares at her with so much worries on his eyes... "I run a few test....."

 

    "And?" Dara asked nervously, though she already knew that it's a bad news since she's been feeling really ill and weak lately...

 

     "it gotten worst..."Dr. Kim answered... "If only you listen to me, maybe we could have avoided this from happening... I told you to listen to me... You're in a dangerous situation right now Dara..."

 

     "What's my chance to live?" Dara asked bravely...

 

     Dr. Kim looked at her straight in the eyes and sighed in frustration ... " Your laboratories results were all bad... pretty bad..."he said... " it's a 90-10 chance..."...

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

     Dara smiled bitterly as she wipes the tears on her face... "you did the right thing Dara, so stop crying..." she whispered

 

     "yeah, stop crying..."Suddenly a stranger sat beside her comfortably... "it doesn't suit a pretty girl like you to cry in the middle of the night in a place like this...."

 

     Dara  slowly move to her side as she stares to the man beside her with fear in her eyes... "w-who are you?" she asked nervously

 

    He shrugged and smiled at her... "I'm just someone who's about to leave, then I saw a pretty lady sitting alone in this bench...  crying..."...

 

     "I-I'm not crying..."Dara looked away, still nervous

 

    ... "you just did..." the man grinned before offering his handkerchief to her...

 

     Dara just stared at the handkerchief that he's offering with a frown on her face...

 

     "take it and wipe your tears. don't worry it's clean..." The man told her, trying to be funny...

 

     But Dara don't trust people easily, especially a stranger who make a surprise appearance... But it's odd that she felt safe with the man beside her. He seems a good person that will not hurt her so she took the handkerchief nicely... "T-thank you..."

 

    A smile slowly crept into the man's lips before looking away...  "you know, you're not supposed to stay here this late... someone might dragged you away to somewhere not safe..."

 

     Dara raised  brow before glaring at the man beside her... "you're not that someone, aren't you?"

 

     The man meet her glare and let out a soft laugh... " do you think this face could harm or hurt someone as beautiful as you?" he asked but just at the serious expression on Dara's looks, it seems like his joke is not funny at all... the man swallowed hard before looking away...  " aigoo...  I guess my joke isn't funny at all, she's not smiling..."he whispered...

 

     Dara chuckled seeing his disappointed look... " even a person whom I know very well already hurt me, what more to  handsome person like you..."she suddenly blurted out

 

     The man lifted his eyebrows with interest as he turns to face her again... "so it's a man..." he said...      " you can tell me your problem..."

 

    Dara looked at him questioningly...  "why should I tell a stranger my problem..."

 

     The man just shrugged... "because... I'm a stranger?" he said, turning his gaze back to the river in front of them

 

    Dara shook her head hearing his non sense answer... "aissht chincha..." she hissed

 

     He smirked... "you know, some says that it's better to tell a stranger your problem because they're strangers. You could only meet them once or maybe you could bump in to them on streets... strangers would not judge you easily, and will give you advice base on their perspective and understanding to what you told them... they wouldn't lie to you and give you hope for nothing, they will tell you the truth even if it hurts you because they don't care about your feelings since your both strangers to each other...."he said before facing her again... "do you get what I'm saying?" he softly asked...

 

    Dara furrowed her eyebrows while looking at him...  " so you're saying that if I ask a friend if I'm ugly she will say I'm not? and  that I'm pretty,?...  but if I ask a stranger he/she will tell me directly that I am?...."she asked in understanding

 

     He nodded and flicked a finger in front of her... "bingo..."... he said... "but don't worry you're really beautiful..."

 

     Dara threw him a warning glare...  "tsk... if I'm pretty then he shouldn't have left me..."

 

     " men don't love women just because they're pretty...  we love a girl for who they are and what they are..."he said... "if a man only loves you because you're pretty then you better break up with him, because he's not serious at you...."

 

    Dara stared at him unbelievably... she doesn't know if the guy beside her is staring to be serious or trying to be funny again...

 

     "I'm serious... I'm telling you this as a man... "he told her as if he's reading her mind...

 

     Dara gave him a smile before looking at the river... "nice words huh..."she said... "you're right maybe telling a stranger could help me..."

 

     "I'm all ears..."he said...

 

    Dara fell silent for a moment, thinking where should she start...  she then heave a deep sighed... "my fiancee...  broke up with me..." she started

 

     "what a bastard..."he commented, his eyes fixed on the river......

 

     ... "but I can't blame him though..." Dara continued... "I always go overseas and he might think I'm neglecting him, and those times that he needs me there is someone on his side who's comforting him..." her voice hinting sadness.

 

     "did you tell him your reason why you keep on leaving him?"he asked

 

     Dara shook her head... "no... I have my reason why I hide the truth from him. He doesn't know it but it's for his own good... my mistake is I trusted him that he'll wait for me..."

 

     The man could only sigh hearing her answer... "you know what the problem is?..." he asked while looking intently at her face... " it's that you planned everything according to your accord... you forgot that he has his own mind and decision. you didn't trust him that much because if you do you will not hide your reason from him... you could've have save your relationship with him if you're were just been true to him... so I think it's not entirely his fault..."

 

     Dara glared at him... "you really don't care if you could hurt me with your words huh..."she said..

 

     ... "lying will just hurt you more, so it's better to tell you the truth..."he chuckled..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter