To You

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

The next day came and L. Joe arrived late to school. His eyes drooped tiredly as he exited the classroom after the recess bell rang. Chunji walked along side with him before shortly excusing himself to use the bathroom.

L. Joe sighed and rubbed his tired eyes. 'I couldn't sleep well yesterday, either.'

When he removed his hands from his eyes, you were standing in front of him.

He stared at you for a second and his eyes widened a bit. 'Am I hallucinating???'

He rubbed his eyes one more time to be certain that you weren't an illusion.

"~~~~~~?" He asked and you responded with a small smile.

"Hey..." You stepped closer to him and poked the dark circles around his eyes. "What's with the panda eyes? Dressing up for Halloween early?" You joked.

L. Joe managed a meek smiled at your attempt to socialize with him. "How are you?"

"I've been better." You stated. "...What about you?"

"I'm fine." L. Joe replied.

"But why do you look so thin now." You questioned.

"Uh...." L. Joe rubbed his thin arms consciously.

"And I heard you haven't been eating nor sleeping properly..." You took a step closer. "It's because of me, isn't it?"

L. Joe frowned. "No-" You gave him a look and he sighed. "...Maybe."

"Look, I know things have been a bit different between us, but that doesn't mean you can just go out there and ignore your health!" You chided. A soft expression replaced your reprimanding one. "Please take care of yourself."

L. Joe softened at your concern for him. "I'll do my best."

You gave him a brief nod before agonizing silence bestowed the atmosphere.

'I really want to leave now...' You looked around apprehensively.

'Is ~~~~~~ finally opening up to me again??' L. Joe examined your uneasy expression as you tapped the tip of your shoe on the tiled floor.

"Hey..." You adverted your eyes to him. "I'm sorry for what happened before...between you, Kyung-" "Don't say her name." You growled, eyes flashed with anger and resentment. L. Joe stared at you, surprised at the hostility in your voice.  Your hostility even shocked yourself. 'Why did I say something so harsh and rude for?! He was just apologizing!!' You flushed in embarrassement.

"I, uh, got to go." You darted away before L. Joe could stop you. He raised a hand in your direction with his mouth  open, ready to shout your name but sighed when he knew it was hopeless and let his hands fall to his side limply.

'She ran away from me again.' L. Joe sullenly thought and leaned against the wall and looked to the ground with blank eyes.

Chunji walked back to L. Joe and shook his head. "Dude, you really screwed up, huh?"

L. Joe gaped at his friend. "You saw that?"

"Yep." Chunji planted a comforting hand on L. Joe's shoulder. "You screwed up big time."

L. Joe flicked Chunji's hand off his shoulder with a scowl. He turned to walk away but Chunji said something that made him halt.

"I know what you have to do in order to gain her affections again."

L. Joe turned his head and looked over his shoulder. Chunji smirked. "Do you want to know?" L. Joe hesitantly nodded. "Then get over here."

L. Joe frowned but obediently walked to Chunji's side. "Well? What is it?" L. Joe asked impatiently with his arms crossed over his chest. "First, go buy me a snack at the cafeteria." L. Joe glowered at him and Chunji put his hands up in defense. "Chill, I was just kidding. Anyways, one big thing that works on all the girls is doing something extravagant for them." L. Joe stared at Chunji thoughtfully. "Something extravagant?" He nodded. "Like surprise them with a handful of colorful balloons outside of school wearing a tuxedo!" Chunji exclaimed, endorsing his idea.

L. Joe cracked up. "What's so funny?" Chunji asked. "Who knew you were such a romantic?" Chunji flushed in embarrassment. "Yah!" He whined. "This is a great idea! ~~~~~~ would definitely forgive you in a heart beat!"

L. Joe laid out the scene in his mind. Him awkwardly standing outside the school's gate holding tons of vivid balloons. People walking by and giving him strange looks. You walking out of school and being greeted by the tons of balloons...you quickly scampering away to avoid all the attention...

L. Joe shook his head. "You should know that ~~~~~~ doesn't like attention." Chunji's joyous expression fell. "Oh, right. Bummer." "But the idea to do something special may work." "Of course it's not a bad idea, I told you it." Chunji puffed his chest out proudly while L. Joe rolled his eyes. "Yeah, brilliant." Chunji ignored his sarcasm and continued to beam brightly and began to chatter on how he found his brilliant plan.

L. Joe jutted out his lower lip and brainstormed what he could do to patch up your and his relationship.

'This needs to be something meaningful. If not, it won't be memorable and it won't reach her...'

As if two separated wires were reconnected, a spark was formed in his mind. "That's it!!" L. Joe blurted, cutting off Chunji's sentence.

"Yah, it's rude to interrupt someone while they're talking." Chunji reprimanded.

"Yeah yeah, bye!" L. Joe sprinted away.

"Yah!! I was going to continue! Aish." Chunji shook his head. "So rude."

L. Joe ran over to a specific vacant classroom and threw open the door. Inside the classroom was the sleek black piano he played awhile ago.

'I'll write ~~~~~~ a song. Music reaches everyon's heart.'

L. Joe plotted himself on the cold, dusty seat and lifted the piano cover up, revealing flawless white keys. He pressed a couple of keys and started forming a tune in his mind.

RIIIIINNNNNGGGG.

The bell for class to start rang, interrupting L. Joe's composing thoughts.

'! Class is starting!' L. Joe growled and looked to the door.

'Screw class, composing this song is way more important. It's not like I pay attention anyways.' L. Joe convinced himself and pulled out a sheet of white paper and placed it on the small stand in front of him.

'Alright then, let's get started.'

He then began composing a song dedicated to you.

'This song's, to you.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, readers!

Sorry for long wait and short chapter. :< Hope you guys still enjoyed reading it though!

Thank you for being so patient and willing to put up with our delayed chapters! SARANGHAEYOO~ <3

 

(Credit to the owner.)