Truth Behind the Rumors

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

By the next day morning, the whole school was buzzing with a new rumor. On the school group page, a video has been uploaded by an 'anonymous' person that revealed a certain someone's true self.

"Did you see the video 'Truth behind the Rumors?'"

"Ohmygosh, yes. I can't believe we all fell for something like that!"

"I feel so bad...I've been treating ~~~~~~ badly and shunning her..."

"I never knew someone with such an innocent face could be so deceiving."

"I shouldn't have glared at ~~~~~~ like that! Ugh."

"I still don't like her and how she hogs our oppas. Hmph."

You arrived at school and stepped foot into the entrance.

"~~~~~~'s here!" Someone from the crowded hallway announced.

People heads snapped your way to see if the announcer was fibbing or not. Many students turned away shamefully once they saw you, guilt enveloping their systems. A few people had the guts to confront you and sincerely apologies to how childish they behaved, few others who had an envious grudge on you kept up their attitudes and shunned you away.

You inwardly smiled. 'There's a remarkable improvement comparing today's and yesterday's atmosphere.'

You headed towards your locker and did what you always did- inserting unneeded materials and replacing them with the needed ones. You closed your locker and headed through a seemingly empty hall. 'This place is unusually vacant-'

A force suddenly interrupted your thoughts and sent you stumbling back. A warm hug greeted you and you blinked rapidly to regain your state of mind. Min Jung pulled back with a big grin plastered on her face. "We did it! I knew that plan was full proof." She cheered and hoped about. You smiled at her zeal. "I know. I'm glad that ordeal is over."

Kevin, who happened to pass by, heard Min Jung's cheering voice from across the hallway and jogged over towards the both of you.

"Yah, are you guys celebrating our victory without me?!" Kevin gasped and placed a hand over his chest, feigning pain.

"Yeah? It's not like you helped anyways. All you did was distract us with your urge to jump into my pool." Min Jung said and poked her tongue out.

Kevin whined at her comment and you chuckled at your friends.

You heard the hallways grow quiet and blinked quizzically. "Did everything just become quiet?"

Suddenly, a small commotion was heard and you, Min Jung, and Kevin curiously followed the noise to the front entrance, where Kyung Mi had just entered the school. She was greeted with sneering remarks and glares. She ducked away and quickly darted pass the crowd and disappeared down the hall.

"Serves her right." Kevin nodded in approval, "She knows how you feel for the pass month now." Min Jung agreed with him.

You smiled meekly and looked down the hallway. 'Great. I'm feeling bad for my adversary...'

"Why the long face? We should be celebrating." Kevin frowned at your unsatisfied facade.

"I know..." You said.

"Don't tell me, you're feeling bad for that ?" Min Jung said, "She did such a horrible thing to you and you feel bad! Girl, you're too empathetic."

"I can't help it, I went through this." You sighed and shook your head. "Who cares?! Let's just enjoy our victory!" Kevin said. "I agree with Kevin!" Min Jung announced and hooked arms with Kevin.

"You guys are right." You smiled. "I know we are." Kevin haughtily said, "Now how about we go out after school for celebration!?" "Yes! Karma Party!" Min Jung whooped. You pumped your fist in the air enthusiastically. "Yeah!!"

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Kyung Mi darted through the halls as more students stopped and glowered at her.

'Those es! How dare they post up that video ESPECIALLY on the school page!!' She thought, outraged.

She headed towards Teen Top's domain. 'At least they won't know about the video since they never check out the school's page.'

She arrived outside the door and composed herself, 'I need to try to find an excuse so they'll think that this video was all a sham.' She thoughtfully tapped her foot. 'I'll just do the usual~'

She burst into the room and slammed the door shut, panting heavily.

Teen Top jumped from their spots and stared at her wide eyed.

"Oppas!!" Kyung Mi yelled, "Something terrible has happened!!"

Niel opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Kyung Mi. "Someone started another rumor about me! But they're saying that I'm the bad guy!" She whined. "Ottokaeyo?!"

"Was the rumor about you being two faced? Lying in front of everyone's face with your innocent facade? ...Framing ~~~~~~ for tormenting you...?" Niel intoned with a listless expression.

Kyung Mi gasped and covered her hand over . "You heard it, too?? Why is this happening to meee!?" She frowned sulkily, "Everyone's giving me the cold shoulder..."

Chunji shook his head. "Girl, you can drop your act now." "Huh?" Kyung Mi furrowed her eyebrows quizzically. "Act?" "Yes, act." Niel said. "We saw the video, the evidence." Kyung Mi's eyes grew as wide as saucers, if her eyes grew any wider, they would have popped right out of her skull. "W-what evidence?"

"Don't play dumb with us," C.A.P growled, sending chills down Kyung Mi's spine at his malicious tone. "We saw the video..."

"Video?! I...I don't know what you're talking about!" Kyung Mi cried.

"I have the evidence!" Ricky announced and pulled out his phone, pressing a few keys, then advertising the evidence to Kyung Mi. She stiffened as the video played, from first where ~~~~~~ confronted her, where Kyung Mi assaulted her, down to her bitter confession.

'No...' Kyung Mi thought and looked down dejectedly. 'Why is this happening??'

"You ruined our relationship with ~~~~~~ noona..." Changjo murmured, "We actually believed your mendacious words and..." He fell silent with guilt. 'We didn't stand by her side at her time of need.'

"T-that video-" "Don't try to falsify this video." L. Joe who was sitting quietly on the side sneered.

"O-oppa..." Kyung Mi's heart dropped at L. Joe's spitefulness.

"I shouldn't have defended you that day." 'I hurt ~~~~~~, that day...I didn't give her a chance to explain herself...' Anger built into his system, not to Kyung Mi, but to himself. 'I should have known ~~~~~~ wasn't like that, yet I blindly fell for Kyung Mi's trick.'

L. Joe shot off from his seat and strode out towards the door. As he approached Kyung Mi, he hissed, "Don't you dare show your face around us again, especially ~~~~~~." He purposely bumped his shoulder against hers before walking out the door. The rest of Teen Top gave Kyung Mi a disappointed and resentful look before leaving the room, leaving Kyung Mi all alone to mope.

'Everything's turning against me...' Kyung Mi thought.

A droplet of water plopped onto the floor, making her realize that she was crying. She touched her damp cheeks and rubbed her moist fingers together. 'I'm losing everything I every cared for...' A flash back of L. Joe's rancorous words made her heart shatter, as if someone grabbed a mallet and slammed it onto her fragile organ. She couldn't hold back her emotions and more steamy tears spewed out of her eyes. 'It's that 's fault I'm in such a position. I'm all alone...' She paused and wiped away her tears. 'Wait! I still have Sunmi...! She's always there for me.' An ounce of hope sparked up as she darted out the door towards the garden outside, where her friend would usually read her books before going to class.

Kyung Mi arrived at the school's garden and sure enough, her one and only friend was curled up on a bench reading the 'The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn'. 

Kyung Mi softly called out her name and she glanced up, she stared at her for a second before returning her attention to her book. Kyung Mi faltered. 'Please don't tell me she hates me, too...'

She took hesitant steps towards her friend until she was in front of her. "H-hey..."

When she didn't respond, she felt more sullen then ever.

"Sunmi...do you hate me, too?" She whispered.

She sighed, inserted her bookmarker on her current page, and closed the book. "What do you think?"

Kyung Mi didn't respond. "Maybe if you told me about your plan, I wouldn't be despising you as much as right now, but you didn't. I was totally oblivious to your plan." Kyung Mi stared at her. "Y-you would have been fine with me if I told you?" "I wouldn't be as angry, yes. It shows you have trust in me, but I guess you don't." She looked at her with hard eyes. "I don't really like ~~~~~~, so when I heard the rumor where she harmed you, I felt I had the right to go up against her and defend a friend, but all the words I said to her were false...I told her to not go accusing people for a bad deed...and now I know that I was doing what I just said not to do." Her hand clenched into fists and she started to tremble.

She took a deep breath and let out a shaky sigh in hopes to calm herself down. She sat back down on her seat and opened her book. "Please leave."

Kyung Mi felt the urge to yell, an urge to cry, but she bottled up all her emotions. She stared at her former friend sullenly. 'Now I have absolutely no one.'

She took and step back and trudged away from the garden. Sunmi sighed. 'Now I feel guilty...'

 

--------------------------

 

The morning bell rang and you departed from Min Jung and Kevin.

You walked down the hall towards your classroom and saw a familiar figure approaching from the other side of the corridor. Your heart began to palpitate as her drew closer, A mixture of emotions stirred in the pits of your stomach.

As you walked by him, your eyes met and you quickly averted your eyes and quickened your pace away from him.

L. Joe's paused and his heart dropped. '~~~~~~...'

Chunji patted his back in hope of comforting him a bit. "Come on, we'll be late for class." He began leading L. Joe towards their classroom.

On the other hand, you placed a hand over your racing heart and sighed. 'I can't look at him now, I'm mad at him.' Deep down, you barely felt any resentment to him. 'I'm mad...right?' You sighed.

You saw the girl that was giving you a hard time hugging her book with dazed eyes. As she noticed you, she looked down and murmured, "You were right, sorry." and quickly walked away.

You looked back at her and slightly softened. "It's okay..." You murmured and entered your classroom.

You brightened a bit when no one glared down at you. You sat in your seat and felt a stare burning a hole into you. You glanced at Niel who sat next to you.

"~~~~~~."

You tilted your head. "Hey."

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

You blinked at him. "For what?"

"For not taking your side when everyone hated you..." He looked down sadly.

"Me too. I'm sorry for not believing in you." Changjo appeared along with Ricky behind Niel with a regretful look on his face. "Forgive us?" Ricky asked with puppy eyes while his bottom lip jutted out.

You stared at that blankly for a few moments, making them feel antsy and anxious. Then, a small soft smile appeared on your face. "Forgiven. You guys didn't show and hatred, so I'm not mad." 'Unlike someone...'

They smiled, relieved. The teacher entered the room and Changjo and Ricky quickly hopped into their seats so they wouldn't get into trouble again.

While the teacher started the lesson, you poked Niel to get his attention. He glanced at you.

"By the way," You whispered, "Thanks for the note and lollipop." You gave him a affable smile and turned back to taking notes.

Niel's lips spread into a smile.

"No problem." He whispered back.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for slow update and thank you for sticking with us. :D <3