Hidden Skill

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

The next day of school came and you were more than ready to start your plan.

You entered the school casually and like usual, people sent you spiteful glares. Usually, it would bother you just a tinsy bit but today, you walked passed them as if there was no one besides you in the halls. You felt excited and eager for the upcoming event that was bound to occur.

You stacked books into your locker till you heard familiar laughter filling the halls. You slightly stiffened and peeked out from behind the locker to see Teen Top guffawing and enjoying one another's company. Your eyes landed on L. Joe who wasn't joining in on the jokes and kept a straight poker face while Kyung Mi clung onto him like a koala bear. You felt your blood pump through your veins and took a deep breath to calm yourself down.

'Calm down. Don't lose your cool.' You pacified. 'They'll know the truth soon.'

You cheered yourself on silently with a small fist pump before closing your locker door.

"Hey ~~~~~~!!" Min Jung greeted and slung an arm around you.

"Hey." You greeted back with a small smile.

Kevin walked up coolly towards the both of you, causing girls to swoon. He shooed them away before greeting the both of you with a geeky smile.

"Morning ~~~~~~ and Min Jung." Kevin said.

You both greeted back and started walking aimlessly down the hall with no destination.

When the bell rang, the three of you departed.

"See you then." Min Jung vaguely said with a wink.

You smirked back. "Okay. See you then." You waved and walked towards your classroom.

Min Jung turned to leave but Kevin held her back. She turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Wae?"

"What do you and ~~~~~~ mean by then?" Kevin blinked cluelessly.

Min Jung stared at him dumbfounded. "Shouldn't it be obvious?"

Kevin paused then shook his head, still clueless. Min Jung sighed and gave herself a face-palm.

"Never mind about it. You don't need to know." She shook her head and headed towards her classroom.

"Yah! I want to know!" Kevin whined and trotted after her persistently.

 

-------------------------------------

 

At the end of school, students began to rush out of the classrooms and into the cluster of students pushing towards the exit in the hallways. Kyung Mi walked up to the door and prepared to squish her way through, when her teacher called out to her.

"Miss Kyung Mi!"

She halted with an annoyed looked painted on her face but she quickly coated her irked expression with a sugary smile. She turned around. "Yes, Ms. Han?"

"Could you please stay a while and help run errands for me? I'm a bit busy today and could use all the help I can get." Ms. Han asked.

'No! Why would I spend my after school helping an old hag while I could be having some alone time with Byunghun oppa?' "Sure." Kyung Mi said.

The teacher thanked her before sending her off on her first errand.

As Kyung Mi left the room with a towering stack of papers, Min Jung entered the room.

"Thank you Ms. Han for doing me this favor." Min Jung beamed and bowed gratefully.

"Anything for my favorite student." The teacher smiled and turned back to the test papers in front of her.

Kyung Mi labored away for several hours, lifting heavy stacks of books, papers, and boxes. After the teacher dismissed her, she quickly exited the room.

'Finally! I'm never going to help her run errands ever again.' Kyung Mi shook her head fervently.

As Kyung Mi was slowly approached the intersecting hallway, you stood occult behind the wall. You took shallow breaths and your hands began to feel clammy.

'What if she finds out about our plan? It'll screw everything up!' You thought and bit your lip anxiously.

"Hey," Min Jung whispered into your ear, "You holding up okay?"

You nodded. "Just a bit nervous, that's all."

"Don't worry." Min Jung placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, "You'll do fine."

'I hope I do.' You gulped.

Min Jung's phone rang and she picked up her phone, already knowing the caller. "She's approaching your location. Be ready." Kevin warned and hung up promptly after his message.

Min Jung closed her phone and slipped it back into her pocket. "Show time."

Your heart thumped faster. 'Here goes nothing...'

You took a deep breath and pulled out your normal poker face and strode out casually as you always would have. Min Jung prepared her camera and had it rolling. You looked up and stared at Kyung Mi who paused in her steps and eyes you suspiciously.

"What are you still doing here?" Kyung Mi asked suspiciously.

"Waiting for you." You said.

"Why?" She asked cautiously, "Is there something you need from me?"

"I want you to take back that lie you placed on me." You said in a dark tone.

"What lie? It was all true." Kyung Mi's lips twisted into a small smirk, "Please don't bother me anymore or people may hear about this, too." Kyung Mi started walking again and you blocked her path.

"I pity you, Kyung Mi..." You abruptly spoke.

Kyung Mi tilted her head in confusion. "What nonsense are you spouting?"

"To get Byunghun oppa all to yourself, you had to make up a lie." You shook your head detestably, "You couldn't think of another way to earn Byunghun's heart without framing me of something horrible? Or was it that you knew you couldn't get his heart as long as I'm by his side?"

Kyung Mi eyes darkened and she clenched her fist in anger. "I can steal Byunghun's heart anytime I want!"

"Really? How's that working out for you?" You smirked tauntingly, "Any of your lame strategies working on him?"

"Why you...!" Her face turned read in rage and blindly lifted her hand to hit you.

You grabbed her hand and pinned it behind her back. "Don't even think about it."

She growled and broke free from your grip, surprising you. She jerked her fist and landed a blow on your stomach. You grunted and recoiled from her punch, holding your stomach.

"You think you can win me in a match? Don't make me laugh." She rolled her eyes, "While Byunghun oppa taught you how to fight, ALL the members of Teen Top taught me." She grinned proudly.

You recovered from her hit and finally stood up straight. "You acted like a defenseless child when you fight as well as a gang member?"

"Impressed?" She crossed her arms proudly. "I expected it." You smirked, "Anyone who's friends with Teen Top is taught how to fight."

She frowned. "Yeah right. It was impossible to have known that since after all, I'm an amazing actor." She smirked cockily.

"And you used that 'amazing acting skills' to deceive everyone into hating me?" You asked slowly.

"Isn't that obvious? Or are you really that slow? Everyone's hating you now, right?" She asked, "You fell pray to my plan."

You looked down so your hair covered your face and a sly smirk grew on your face. 'She admitted it.'

"What? Are you going to cry now?" She provoked.

You looked up with your smirk still lingering on your face. "Ha. You wish."

"Why are you smirking?" She tilted her head confusingly. 'Shouldn't she be bawling in misery?'

"That's because," Kevin walked out from the dark. "I've heard everything that you said."

Kyung Mi's face paled slightly. "S-so? Who cares if you know? No one will believe your story anyways." Kyung Mi retorted.

"It's fine if they don't believe me." Kevin said, sending Kyung Mi spiraling down in more confusion. "Huh?"

"That's because we have our conversation recorded on tape." You grinned victoriously, "Gotcha~"

This time, all the color drained from her skin. After a short period of silence, she finally snapped. "WHERE IS THAT ING TAPE?!"

Kevin blinked in surprise. "I never knew you were the type to swear-" "I SAID WHERE IS THAT ING TAPE?!" She shrieked and grappled Kevin's collar. Desperation was written all over her face and her breathing was becoming louder and more labored.

"Don't touch me!" Kevin yelled and shoved her off him, "You're too late anyways. The tape is long gone from here."

Kyung Mi let out another cry of desperation and threw herself onto Kevin, ceasing his neck into a death hold. Kevin gasped in shock and attempted to break free from her iron grip but did not prevail. He choked and gasped for air.

"Kevin!" You gasped and darted towards the psychotic girl.

With a jab on her pressure point, she stiffened and grew limp, slidding off of Kevin and onto the cold, foot-print marked floor. Kevin drew in big breaths of air to regain his breath.

"Thanks for that, I was beginning to see stars." Kevin let out a sigh of relief and pretended to wipe sweat off his forehead.

"No problem." You said, "I can't believe she had the audacity to lunge herself at you like that." You scoffed and glanced down at her unconscious figure. "...What do we do with her?" You poked her with your foot.

"Leave her?" You sent Kevin a bewildered look. "What?" Kevin blinked innocently, "She'll be fine sleeping on the cold floor..."

You glanced down at Kyung Mi and shrugged. "Sure. Why not." With a gleeful grin, you stuck your hand out. "Good work today, oppa."

Kevin slapped his hand onto yours. "Yeah. Even if I was just about to be choked to death."

You and Kevin shared a smile before exiting the school.