Bruises

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

One Monday morning, Kyung Mi arrived at the school earlier than usual. Not many students wondered the corridors of the school this early in the morning. Her choice of clothing was unusual than what should would usually wear. She wore long, black stockings that went up to her thighs and a jacket over her neat uniform.

Kyung Mi stretched her arms up and yarned while languidly walking towards her classroom. She passed by a classmate who was merrily skipping down the hallway, hugging her history book close to her. 'How can someone be so happy to be awake so early in the morning?' Kyung Mi thought. 'She's even hugging her book like it's a teddy bear...'

Kyung Mi walked up towards her classroom where her friends were gleefully gossiping. She took a deep breath before walking into the classroom as if she was injured.

"Oh! It's Kyung Mi!" One of her friends spotted her and waved. The other two girls also greeted her with amiable smiles.

Kyung Mi gave them a small smile and waved back. The group of girls turned back towards each other and began chatting once again after they finished greeting her.

Kyung Mi took a deep breath and headed towards her seat next to them. "KYAA!!" Kyung Mi squealed. One of her legs got caught on a desk leg and she stumbled before falling on the solid, unkempt floor with a grunt.

"OHMYGOSH. KYUNG MI, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" Her friend bolted up from her seat and ran to her rescue.

"Oww..." Kyung Mi groaned. "Stupid chair!" She slapped the inanimate object for tripping her, but ended up hurting her hand.

She gritted her teeth together and cursed out the chair in her head. 'I shouldn't have slapped it. .'

"Here, take my hand." Kyung Mi looked up and hesitantly took her hand. "Thanks."

"Omo, you're all dirty now!" One of her friends frowned and dusted off specks dirt of her uniform.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Her friend furrowed her eyebrows in apprehension.

"My leg hurts a bit..." Kyung Mi pouted.

"Omo!" Her friend exaggeratedly slapped her hands over . "Bring her over."

The other two friends aid Kyung Mi as they trudged towards their desks. After Kyung Mi was seated, her friend grasps her stalking and pulled it down. They all gasped in shock. Swollen, purple bruises covered her leg.

"I don't think you can get all these blemishes by tripping over a desk..." Her friend remarked, staring at her discolored leg in bewilderment.

Kyung Mi stared down at her hands in what seemed to be mortification. "I-I. You guys weren't s-supposed to see that..."

"Kyung Mi." Her friend tilted Kyung Mi's head up and looked her dead in the eye. "Did someone do this to you?" Kyung Mi glanced in another direction and remained silent. "Well?" She probed. Kyung Mi bit her lip in hesitation before timidly nodding her head. All her friends’ eyes widened. "Do they come to this school?" Kyung Mi nodded again. "Who?" Her friend curiously asked.

"I-I can't say!" Kyung Mi exclaimed and covered her face with her hands. "If I do, t-then she'll come after me and hurt me again..." "Kyung Mi. If you want us to help you, you need to tell us who did this to you."

 

----------

 

You hopped off L. Joe's motorcycle and waited for him by the gate as he parked his bike. After L. Joe finished parking his bike, you both entered the school together.

The buzzing hallway of students became silent once you stepped into the hallway. They stared at you scornfully, as if you were a three-headed beast. You paused and stared back at them impassively but deep inside, you were melting under their intense gaze.

L. Joe stared back at them with his usual poker face. 'Why are they staring at her like that?' L. Joe glanced at you to study your reaction. Even though you wore an nonchalant mask, he could tell you were bothered by their stares. L. Joe clenched his hand into a fist and punched the nearest locker. The students flinched at the sudden noise and turned their attention to the Kingka.

"What the are you people staring at?" L. Joe spoke in a icy tone. His voice alone sent chills down their spines. "Stop staring." L. Joe demanded and they turned back to what they were doing promptly after being told.

"Come on. Let's go." L. Joe said and you nodded.

When you and L. Joe were no longer in sight, the hallway began to buzz again.

"Wahh~ L. Joe oppa is so hot. Why would he hang around that insatiable ?!"

"I can't believe ~~~~~~ would do something like that..."

"That girl is nothing but trouble, I tell you!"

You and L. Joe walked towards the usual classroom where Teen Top would be messing around in.

"Why were they staring at me like that for?" You murmured thoughtfully.

"Beats me." L. Joe shrugged. "If they bother you, tell me. I'll make sure they stop."

The end of your lips hitched up at his thoughtfulness. "Arasso. But don't worry, I can handle myself."

You entered the unusually tranquil room.

"Eh? They aren't here yet?" L. Joe said.

"But isn't school going to start soon?" You asked.

"Don't tell me. They're ditching without me?! How dare they!"

You gave L. Joe a look. "What?" He blinked innocently. "I told you not to skip school anymore. Your future depends on it!" "Okay, Mom." L. Joe rolled his eyes and you punched his arm playfully. "Yah." You made a face. L. Joe chortled and ruffled your hair.

Just then, loud voices were heard in the hallway, approaching the classroom.

"Is that them?" You questioned and poked your head out of the entrance to come face to face with Kevin. Kevin eyes widened in surprise. He quickly regained his posture. "Morning, ~~~~~~." He beamed. You exchanged greetings with U-Kiss and slipped back into the classroom.

"YO, RICKY!" Dongho popped into the empty room. "Eh? Where's Ricky?"

"Where are your friends?" Soohyun asked.

"Hey!" Niel greeted as he entered the classroom.

"Apparently there." Eli said.

"Sorry we're late. Someone here dragged us to the convenience store and took thirty damn minutes just to pick out a stupid can of soda!" Niel said and gestured to Ricky, who was holding a plastic bag.

"What? I forgot what soda I had to buy him." Ricky defended and handed Dongho the plastic bag.

Dongho peeped into the bag and frowned. "I wanted Sprite, not Pepsi." Dongho held out the bag for Ricky to take back. "Just take the soda!" Ricky pleaded. "But I don't like Pepsi-" A dark figure loomed over Ricky with glowering eyes. "Take. The. Damn. Soda." He hissed. Dongho gulped and nodded. Ricky turned around and beamed at his hyung. "Thanks, hyung!" C.A.P groggily nodded and sank into his seat.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed~" You teased and a few of them chuckled at your joke. C.A.P laser eyes glared at them and they immediately shut their mouths.

The morning bell rang and you, Niel, Ricky, and Changjo headed towards your classroom. People passed by you glared at you disdainfully. 'What the hell is wrong with these people today?' You discounted their stares and continued forward.

"Hey. Is it just me or is everyone staring at you?" Changjo said.

You shrugged. "They've been giving me the eye since I got to school this morning."

"Why?" Changjo asked.

"No clue." You sighed.

"Maybe because you're so hot." Niel said.

You raised an eyebrow at him.

"What? I'm just speaking the truth!" Niel defended.

You turned to Ricky and pointed a thumb at Niel. "Is he flirtatious?"

"Do you even need to ask?" Ricky questioned which caused Changjo to burst out laughing.

As you guys entered the classroom, all your classmates had their eyes on you. Your eye slightly twitched in discomfort. 'This reminds me of the first day of school... thought, Byunghun oppa was more of a jerk back then.' You made your way to your seat. As you put your bag down, Kyung Mi walked into the room. She sat in her seat and one of her friends greeted her. She replied with a curt nod.

During class time, you couldn't help but notice how some of the people sitting around her were acting more responsive towards her. One time, she accidentally dropped her pencil and her neighbor immediately bent down and picked up her pencil for her. Also, when she was having trouble understanding a part of the lesson, a girl leaned over and voluntarily taught her.

'That's weird... they usual ignore her.' A suspicious feeling bubbled in the pits of your stomach, but you shook off the feeling. 'It's none of my concern.'

The bell rang and the students began to pile out of the suffocating classroom.

"Don't forget to read chapter twenty eight for homework tonight!" The teacher hollered over the bustling students.

L. Joe got up from his seat and shook his head. 'Like anyone ever reads that .'

He slung his bag over his shoulder and casually treaded out the door. Girls swooned as he passed by. They ogled at his fine features.

L. Joe descended towards the floor your classroom was at. As he turned the corner on the staircase, he caught a glimpse of a group of boys chatting at the bottom of the stair case. He continued walking down the stairs till he heard the name Kyung Mi mentioned.

L. Joe froze in his spot to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"...She was beaten up." "What? Really?" One of the boys nodded in confirmation.

L. Joe eyes widened. 'Someone inflicted pain on her...?'

"I heard she was covered in bruises. That's why she was trying to cover as much of her exposed skin as possible."

Anger boiled in L. Joe as his heart palpitated in rage. He stomped towards the group of boys and snagged one of the boys by his collar. His friends stepped back in shock. "L. Joe hyung!!"

L. Joe stared at him with raging eyes. The boy held his collar and gulped. 'If looks could kill...'

"What happened to Kyung Mi?" L. Joe interrogated. "S-she was beaten up by a girl-" "By who?" The boy squirmed uncomfortably in his position. "I said WHO?!" L. Joe sneered and shoved him into the wall. The boy whimpered in pain and cried, "~~~~~~!! She did it!!"

L. Joe paused as he took in what he said. '~~~~~~...? MY ~~~~~~?!'

L. Joe's grip on his collar loosened and the boy took the chance to flee. With one swift jolt, he landed on the floor and scampered towards his friends.

L. Joe raised hands fell limp to his side.

'~~~~~~ did it...?'