Achluophobic

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

You stood up and frantically glanced in all directions, looking for a type of light that would protect you from whatever lurked in the dark. With no light source found, your mind went blank and you began to hyperventilate. You started sprinting through the maze aimlessly, usually ending up meeting with dead ends. There were areas with dim lighting but the light would only last a couple of minutes before going out and plunging you back into total darkness.

While running, you found a particular area where it was unusually bright. Shortly after finding your little oasis, you sprinted there without any hesitation. You collapsed onto the ground and gasped for air. After catching your breath, you looked up and tensed in surprise. There stood, a tall, frightening clown, smiling in a twisted way. You relaxed and observed your surroundings. Besides from the clown statue, the bright area had a blank picture hung up and cobwebs scattered over the moldy wall.

To be honest, you found your oasis a bit wicked. But you preferred to live the rest of your life in that type of area then stay another minute in the loathsome darkness.

You curled up into a ball against the wall next to the clown and wrapped your arms around your legs, tentatively peeking at both sides where the darkness beseted the small light source. You felt caged in, trapped, with no place to run at all. You shut your eyes and let out a shaky breath, repeating in your mind that everything will be fine.

Suddenly, the clown statue's head turned in your direction. It's hand bent down and slowly reached down and grasped your shoulder. Your head shot up and you reflexively swung your arm out and your fist into the clown's face.

"UGH!!"  The clown grunted and covered his nose.  "What the hell?!"

Your eyes widened and you quickly stood up to bow.  "I-I'm sorry!! I- you startled me-"

"! My nose's bleeding!!"  He growled, revealing drops of blood on his palm. 

He wiped his blood on his pants, took out a walkie-talkie from his pocket and put the device next to his mouth.

"Dude! Black-out my area, NOW."  He whispered into the walkie-talkie but he was audible enough for you to hear. Your eyes grew wide and you began to panic.  "DON'T!! I-I need the light!!"  You shouted and clung onto the hem on his shirt in desperation.

A loud crack was heard and the lights went out. You let out a horrified scream. You felt the fabric in your grip glide out of your hands and footsteps disappearing into the darkness.

You were once again left alone.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Where are... we??"  Soohyun asked while gasping for air.

"Why is it so dark in here?? I ran into a wall!"  Kiseop whined, rubbing his bruised arm.

"Who cares? As long as we aren't ban from Lotte World, I'm happy!"  Dongho smiled.

"I'm not... some bastard punched my hyung."  Niel growled, glaring at Hoon maliciously.

"It was your fault for throwing a ing ball at me."  Hoon rebutted.

"I SAID I DIDN'T-"

"Guys, shut up. Lets get out of here first and then we'll never have to see each other again, agreed?"  C.A.P suggested.

All of the boys grumbled but nodded. They began exploring the dark hallways for any sign of an exit. While walking around what seemed to be end endless maze, they finally come across a distant light.

"FINALLY!!!"  Ricky whooped and ran towards the light. The others quickly followed after Ricky. As they got closer to the light, they noticed something strange. Instead of a hole in the wall that leads to the rest of Lotte World, they saw a dead end that contained a girl, weeping with their back towards them.

"... Not the exit..."  L. Joe sighed.

Ricky saw the crying girl and softened. 'Maybe she's lost like us.'

"Hey there, you ok?"  Ricky asked and put one of his hands on the girl's shoulder, in attempt to appease her.

They girl stopped crying and grabbed Ricky's hand. He blinked in confoundment. She slowly looked back and revealed her frightening features. Her face was dripping with blood with scars covering many parts of her face and skin peeling off her flesh.

"Help..."  She voice rasped as she reached her other hand out towards Ricky's face.

Ricky let out a high pitched, feminine scream (LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO7ChLRWV_w) and bolted the opposite direction, still frantically screaming. Kyung Mi let out a shriek and clung onto L. Joe. When the rest of them caught sight of the girl, immediately ran after Ricky.

"Ricky, you ok?"  Changjo asked.

Ricky was warily glancing around. "C-changjo, she t-touched me!!" 

Suddenly, Dongho walked over, guffawing. "DUDE, YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE. YOU SCREAMED LIKE A GIRL."

"Yah! At least my scream was way more manly then your scream!"  Ricky retorted and imitated Dongho scream.

"I sound nothing like that!"  Dongho defended. "Sureeee."  Ricky rolled his eyes. "YAH-"

"Guys! Stop FIGHTING."  Soohyun yelled and they both immediately shut their mouths.

"What the hell was that?! I think I just lost two years of my life..." AJ held his heart which was still racing from the adrenaline.

"It was a ghost, obviously." Kyung Mi stated.

"Why is a ghost even here-"  L. Joe eyes widened when he finally realized where they were. "Kyung Mi... did you lead us in-"

"Yup!" Kyung Mi nodded. "We're in the haunted house. SURPRISE!!!"

L. Joe quickly searched around for you. "WHERE'S ~~~~~~?!"

Everyone began looking around but you were no where in sight. Kevin grew pale. "D-did she get lost?" "Someone, call her!"  Niel whipped out his phone and frowned. "Guys, I can't get any signal."

L. Joe immediately turned to the hallway which they had recently passed through and began running.

"Wait!!"  Kyung Mi grabbed L. Joe's arm. "Where are you going??"

"Going to look for ~~~~~~." L. Joe briefly replied and pulled out off Kyung Mi's grip.

"Don't go! She's valiant, she'll be fine."  Kyung Mi grabbed onto L. Joe's arm and pulled him back again.

L. Joe looked back at her with a rigorous stare. "She said herself that she didn't want to go into the haunted house. She needs me."  L. Joe once again broke out of Kyung Mi's and sprinted away before she could do anything else.

"Oppaaa!!"  Kyung Mi yelled but he had already turned the corner.

"I'll go look for her to."  Kevin began to follow L. Joe but was pulled back by Soohyun.  "Hyung, let me go. I need to find ~~~~~~."  Kevin said and tried to pull away.  "Don't. If you run off too, you and L. Joe wouldn't know if one of you had found ~~~~~~ already."  Kevin clenched his fist. "But hyung, I must-" "No. You're coming with us to help find the exit." "HYUNG!!" "KEVIN."  Soohyun's voice boomed. "Don't you dare go against my orders."  Kevin bared his teeth and let out a frustrated cry before stomping towards the opposite direction that L. Joe took.

"He's so angry..."  Kyung Mi murmured.

"Don't worry, it's only temporary." Soohyun assured. "Let's start walking before we lose Kevin."

 

-------------------------------------------

 

You continued sprinting through the hallways and occasionally clumsily running into the dark walls. While running, you also happened to come across some ghosts and other repulsive creatures that you reflexively gave a powerful blow to, knocking them to the ground.

You grew breathless, no matter how long the distance you ran, you could not find another source of light. You couldn't think straight due to the haze that blurred your conscience. Suddenly, the outline of a door frame came into view. Your eyes widened in hope.

'Is this the exit?? THIS IS THE EXIT ISN'T IT?! I JUST HAVE TO OPEN THIS DOOR AND I'LL BE FREE FROM THIS HELL.'

You ran at full speed towards the door. Once inches away from the door, you reached out and grabbed the door knob that was installed in the door. You desperately turned the knob but to your dismay, it didn't budge at all. You slowly realized that the door was just a decoration in the haunted house but you refused to believe so. You slammed your fist against the hard surface.

"OPEN THIS ING DOOR."  You yelled while simultaneously slamming your clenched fist.

You relentlessly battered the door till your hands went numb and exhaustion took over your body. Your legs, which were wobbling, gave in and you collapsed on the floor with your hands still on the door. You began to tremble violently and let out a forlorn screech before curling yourself into a ball in attempt to calm your trembling body. You felt the hope of ever escaping from your nightmare vanish into thin air.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"~~~~~~!!!" L. Joe yelled. "~~~~~~!!!" 

He ran aimlessly through the darkness in search for you.

'Where could she be??' L. Joe thought as his breath became labored.

After a couple minutes of running, L. Joe came upon a split road. He cursed under his breath and glanced both ways, pondering which direction to take. Suddenly, he heard two voices chit-chatting to the left of him.

"Dude, what happened to you nose?" "Some psychotic girl punched me!" A man dressed in a clown suit replied. "She was curled up in a ball in my area. First, I thought she was kind of cute, so I tried to comfort her and ask her what was wrong. But once I laid my hand on her shoulder; BAM, she PUNCHES me!!"

'That sounds like something ~~~~~~ would do...'

"You pabo! We're in a haunted house, she was scared, you touched her looking like... that." The man wearing a zombie costume looked the clown from head to toe. "Of course she would have punched you! Heck, I would have punched you!"

L. Joe ran up to the two men. "This girl you guys are talking about, was she wearing a polkadot shirt with doll pink short pants?"

"Yeah..." The clown replied. "You know her?" "WHERE DID YOU SEE HER?"

The clown stepped back, startled at L. Joe's tone of voice. "An area with a blank picture frame hanged on the wall..." "How do I get there?" "Take this path we're on-" L. Joe immediately pushed pass the two men and turned around the corner.

"YOU'RE WELCOME." The clown shouted. "Teens these days are so rude." "I know right?" The zombie replied and rolled his eyes.

L. Joe passed through various hallways with different ghastly decorations and horrendous creatures. Though he didn't feel a bit frightened because all he had on his mind was you- he wasn't concentrated on anything else but to find you. Suddenly, L. Joe was stopped again by two split hallways.

"Again?! Seriously?!Is this place that big!?"  L. Joe groaned and grabbed his hair in frustration.

Off to a distance, he could hear a thumping noise.

"OPEN THIS ING DOOR." '~~~~~~?!' L. Joe thought and started following the sounds of them constant beats.

The beating stopped just as L. Joe came across another intersection. L. Joe groaned irritably and kicked the wall in frustration. Suddenly, a resonant scream was heard which caused L. Joe ear's to perk up. '~~~~~~!' He followed the scream and turned the corner towards the hallway with a bogus door. He heard soft whimpers from the specific hallways and warily approached the door. There, he saw someone rolled into a ball, cowering in fear. He could tell from one glance that it was you.

"~~~~~~..." L. Joe murmured.

You snapped your head in L. Joe's direction. Your eyes widened. "O-oppa?" L. Joe nodded. "So you were here all along- ACK!!" You threw yourself into his arms and held onto him as if your life depended on it. "~~~~~~~, w-what's wrong??" L. Joe turned beet red at the sudden skin ship. "I-I'm achluophobic, I'M AFRAID OF THE DARK." You confessed. "P-please get me o-out of here- GET ME OUT OF HERE NOW."  You demanded.

L. Joe picked up your legs and carried you bridal style. You snuggled your face into the crook of L. Joe's neck and shut your eyes tight.

"Don't worry, we'll be out of here before you know it." L. Joe placated and began sprinting through the maze. He didn't give time for any hidden creatures to pop out and ran for the exit as fast as he could. Finally, after a few minutes of running, he spots beams of sun rays from the other side of a hallways.

"We're almost out." L. Joe assured as he jogged towards the gap in the wall and passed through it. Once you felt the warm sun rays on your skin, your tense muscles laxed. the haze cleared from your conscious, and you stopped trembling. You peeked up at L. Joe and smiled softly. 'Gomawo, oppa...' Your heart palpitated and a warm feeling spread through your whole body. 'I love you.'

"There they are!!" "~~~~~~, gwenchana?!" Both Teen Top and U-Kiss crowded around you and L. Joe. Kevin clenched his jaw when he saw L. Joe carrying you in his arms. 'If hyung allowed me to find her, she would of been in my arms...' Kyung Mi glared at you with envy. 'She's always stealing my spot light and especially my Byunghun oppa... I HATE HER! No, despise her.'

"Ne, I'm fine." You assured. "Oppa, you can put me down now." "Oh... yeah." L. Joe reluctantly placed you on the ground.

"So where did you find her?" C.A.P asked.

"I found her at the end of a hallway. She was all curled up in a ball." 'She was so cute...'

"Why was she in that position?!" Kevin asked.

"Hard to believe, but she's a- mmph!!" You clamped your hand over his mouth. You leaned over to his ear and hissed, "Don't you dare tell anyone of my fear or else..." "Or else what?" L. Joe challenged. "Or else I show them... the picture." You smirked when L. Joe's eyes widened and his ears turned pink. "...Fine."

"Now that ~~~~~~'s safe, let's go." AJ said and U-Kiss nodded.

"What?! Why?" You asked.

"Didn't you see the fight?! We will never get along." Hoon hissed and turned to leave along with the rest of U-Kiss. "Mianhe, ~~~~~~..." Kevin murmured and followed U-Kiss towards the exit.

"No!" You reached out towards them but someone grabbed your shoulder. You looked back to meet eyes with Chunji. "Let them be, ~~~~~~."

"Everything was going so well... why did you guys have to get into a fight?!" You groaned and stomped your feet in frustration.

"Don't ask us, as them." Ricky crossed his arms and harrumphed.

"... Now what?" Kyung Mi asked. "We go home?"

"Well, there isn't any purpose of being here anymore." You sighed.

"But there are still a lot of rides to ride!" Ricky said and spread his arms out, indicating how much rides there were to ride.

"It's getting late anyways, let's just go home." C.A.P said.

"But the rides!" "We'll come back again, araso?" C.A.P said. "We will??" Ricky's eyes sparkled when C.A.P nodded. "Araso! Anneyong Lotte World~" Ricky begin walking towards the exit and Teen Top promptly followed.

You sighed as your dragged yourself towards the exit. Kyung Mi jogged over to you. "Sorry your plan failed. You probably should have left them alone." You glared at her. "I know you were the one that threw the ball at Hoon so shut up." You hissed and increase your pace. Kyung Mi narrowed her eyes at you. "Either way, your plan was going to fail anyways." She murmured.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

When the bus arrived at you and Teen Top's stop, the moon was already up and glowing bright. Teen Top piled out of the vehicle and after exchanging farewells, slowly departed.

"Want me to walk you home?" L. Joe asked.

You shook your head. "Nah, I'm good." "Are you sure?" L. Joe asked and pointed to the sky. "No sun." You rolled your eyes and whacked his arm. "Yah, I'm not that afraid. It was pitch black in the haunted house and besides, there are rows and rows of street lamps to brighten my way home." "If you say so..." Suddenly, Kyung Mi's arms curled around L. Joe's arm. Your eye twitched in displeasure. "Can you walk me home, oppa?" Kyung Mi batted her eyes. "Sure." L. Joe said and pulled his arm out of Kyung Mi's grasp. "Let's go." "Wait!" You blurted. L. Joe and Kyung Mi turned towards you. 'Crap, why did I say that?!' "Uh... have a... safe trip home?" L. Joe blinked and Kyung Mi smiled. "Thanks~! You too, ~~~~~~." 'I hope you fall in a ditch! TEE-HEE.'

You turned away from them and headed home. While walking home, you had a chilling feeling that you couldn't shake off.

'Maybe I should have accepted oppa's offer...' You sighed and picked up your pace. You heard a click behind you and you snapped your head around. You blinked in shock. The street light behind you went out. 'Did the bulb burn out?' You looked back forward and began walking back home. Another click, and you saw the street light in front of you go out. You froze in spot. 'Is it coincidental..?' Another light went out and your heart began palpitating. 'This is not coincidental, something's wrong.' You began running towards your house as more street lamps began to shut off.

As you were one block away, a black figure stepped in your path. "We meet again..." You abruptly stopped. 'Was this all a set up?!' You warily stepped back and your back met something solid. You glanced back to see another dark figure. He grabbed your arms and you swung your shoulder back. "Oof!" He yelped and stumbled back, releasing you in the process. Two more figures appeared as the last light went out. You heard footsteps running towards you. You panicked in the dark and swung your fist frantically in all directions. "GET AWAY FROM ME." Suddenly, an arm wrapped around your neck and a piece of cloth was placed over your nose and mouth. You squirmed around and held your breath but after a couple of minutes, your body screamed for air as you reflexively took a deep breath. The last thing you remembered before the chemicals overcame you was the man in front of you smirking.

"Good night, girl..."