Heart Broken

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

A week passed by and the rumor that placed you as a barbaric lion, and Kyung Mi as a unfortunate, meek deer, has lightened a bit. People still gave you disapproving glares, but it didn't bother you anymore. At least not every student in the whole school was gossiping over the news anymore.

Min Jung, who was considered your friend now, comforted you about the ordeal. Saying the matter would pass by in no time. Though you weren't really bothered about the rumors, you thanked her for he efforts to comfort you.

Kyung Mi stopped wearing her jacket and stockings to school. Her legs were as white and flawless as they were before.

One particular day, a group of Kyung Mi's friend decided to get revenge on you for what you did to her.

You were jotting down notes while your teacher drones on about the history of World War II.

Niel doodled into his notebook, unamused. Feeling he was about to die of boredom, he whipped out his phone and texted Changjo and Ricky to ditch class with him. He glanced at you and pondered whether to ask you to join them. 'She looks so engrossed into her lesson...' He stared at you. "Quit staring, you're burning a hole through my head." You said without looking up. "I was just wondering if you wanted to ditch with us." You put down you pencil and looked up at him. "Are you crazy?! What if you get caught?" You whispered and quietly as possible. "Please, I've done this for as long as I can remember. I won't get caught." He stated. "But the lesson-" "I wasn't paying attention to it." He shrugged. "No wonder you have such low marks." You remarked causing him to frown. "I'm guessing you're not coming then?" You shook your head. "Suit yourself."

he shot his hand in the air. "Seonsaengnim, I need to go to the bathroom." He announced. The teacher eyed him suspiciously. "If you go, you better come back. Arasso?" He said. "Yeah, yeah." Niel waved his hand dismissively and stood up. He eyed Ricky and Changjo and they also stood up.

"And where do you think you boys are going?" The teacher asked.

"Bathroom." They both replied simultaneously.

"No. One at a time." The teacher said.

"But," Changjo glared at the teacher. "I have to use the bathroom now."

Surprisingly, the teacher actually stepped back at his daunting glare and gulped. "F-fine. But be back." The headed out the classroom without a reply.

'Isn't Changjo persuasive?' You remarked. 'Or the teacher just doesn't have a back bone.' You shrugged and returned to note taking.

A group of girls that sat two seats away from you exchanged glances with each other. With a nod, a girl reached into her bag and pulled out something round.

As you were writing down facts on World War II, an object lousily slapped the side of your head.

'What the...?' You touched the area where the item touched you and looked down to see you crumbled piece of paper. You then looked up to see a couple of girls snickering at you. Kyung Mi glanced back once at her friends before turning back towards the teacher.

'What immature girls.' You shook your head is condemnation and continued writing down what was written on the board.

*Pock.*

Another paper ball slaps you on the head. You disdainfully ignored the paper balls and carried on with your work. 'I'm surprised the teacher doesn't see them throwing stuff at me. He must be blind or something.'

They continued to throw the paper balls at you and you continued to ignore them. They grew frustrated at your reaction as they pelted you with paper.

*Pock.*

*Pock.*

*Pock.*

*Pock.

*WHACK.*

"OWW. THE ?!" You yelled and held your throbbing head.

The teacher snapped his head in your direction along with the other classmates.

"Miss. Kim! How dare you disrupt my class!" He yelled and pointed a ruler he happened to be holding at you.

"I didn't mean to! Those girls keep throwing things at my head!" You exclaimed. You glanced to where the paper balls were for evidence and froze. The paper balls and whatever dense object that flew at your head that was littered on the floor was replaced with a big o’ clump of nothingness.

The teacher followed your eyes to the floor. "Well? Am I supposed to see something there?" He questioned. You looked up at him, flabbergasted. You glanced at the girls to see them waving a couple of the paper balls that they threw at you. 'WHAT THE- HOW?!'

"Since you disrupted my class AND decided not to take responsibility for your actions, you will be serving detention with me after school." "What?!" You gawked. "But-" "No buts, Miss. Kim. After school. Be here or else I'll give you a week of detention!" You groaned and planted your face onto your desk in exasperation. ' my life... I'm never going to help this jerk with work EVER AGAIN.'

As the teacher turned to face the board again, the group of girls high fived each other and had to clamp their hands over their mouths to keep themselves from bursting into laughter. Kyung Mi deviously smirked at your depressed figure. 'Just you wait, ~~~~~~.'

After an hour of sulking, the bell rang. The teacher dismissed class as you stood up with slumped shoulders. 'So far, today has been nothing but bad luck.' You sighed and lifted your bag off the ground.

The teacher looked towards the door and frowned, causing aged creases to emerge from his forehead. 'Those dimwits didn't come back to class.'

You sighed once more before heading towards the exit.

"Miss. Kim. Don't forget about detention after school." He reminded.

You turned to him with a blank expression. Giving a small nod, you left the class. Feeling the urge to strangle him increasing, you clenched onto your bag, leaving claw marks.

You walked towards the usual classroom and slid open the door. The classroom was filled with a cheery atmosphere that made you feel more at ease. Relaxing you stiff shoulders, you walked towards them.

"Hey, ~~~~~~. How was class?" Niel chuckled.

"The worse." You said and slumped down into a chair.

"Why? What happened?" L. Joe asked, curiosity was written on his face.

"Some pricks. That's what happened." You growled and folded your arms over your chest. "Got me in trouble."

"Who?" Kevin asked. "We'll make sure they regret ever messing with our dongsaeng."

"I don't know. A bunch of girls." You shrugged.

"Girls?! We can't hit girls!" Chunji exclaimed and L. Joe shook his head. 'This hyung of mine.'

The door slid open and Kyung Mi entered with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Anneyong!!" She greeted gleefully and sat down.

"Isn't someone a ray of sunshine today?" Eli remarked.

"Really? I didn't notice." Kyung Mi giggled.

"Well, it's very conspicuous. Did anything happen?"

"Not really. Just feeling up today." Kyung Mi beamed.

"I feel the opposite." You said and put your head into your arms. "I got detention."

"What did you do?" C.A.P asked.

"Absolutely nothing." You sighed. "Stupid teacher scolded me for interrupting the class and 'not taking responsibility for my actions' when I tried to defend myself."

"Want us to deal with him? He happens to be afraid of me." Changjo announced proudly.

You shook your head. "It'll probably get me into more trouble. He's so damn strict."

"Key Kyung Mi. Did you see who got ~~~~~~ in trouble?" Ricky asked.

Kyung Mi shook her head. "I was paying attention to the teacher."

'Not like it would have made a difference.' You dejectedly sighed.

L. Joe glanced at you and came over. "Don't worry. Your day will brighten up to you later on." he cooed.

You looked up at him with hope glistening in your eyes. "You sure?" He nodded. "Okay." You said. "I believe you then." You smiled which caused L. Joe's lips to hitch up also.

Kyung Mi narrowed her eyes enviously. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. 'All will be well at the end of the day.' She assured herself.

 

----------------

 

The end of had arrive. Meaning your detention appointment was coming up also.

You headed out of your class with a sigh. 'Good bye, my free time.' You thought and started heading towards the detention room.

On your way there, someone came up to you.

"Hey, ~~~~~~!" Min Jung called out." You stopped and turned to her. "Anneyong." You greeted.

"Heading to detention?" Min Jung asked. You blinked in surprise. "How did you know that?!" "Information spreads throughout the school fast." She said. You sighed. "Yeah, I am."

"Huh, I always thought you were the good girl type." Min Jung remarked. "I am supposed to be." You pouted. "This whole ordeal isn't even my fault! I tried to explain my situation, but the teacher wouldn't even give me a chance." 

"Aww, you must be pretty pissed." Min Jung said. "I'm hella pissed!" You exclaimed. "Then to try to lighten up your day, I'll come help you in detention." Min Jung said. "Help me? Aren't I just going to sit around for an hour or so?" "Nope. Here, you do manual labor." Your frowned deepened. "Great." "Yeah, so I'll help. I got nothing else to do today anyways." You smiled appreciatively at her. "Thanks." "No problem." She grinned back and followed you towards the detention room.

"I'm here." You told the teacher as you entered the room.

He looked up at you. "Huh, so you are. For a minute, I thought you weren't going to show up." He stood up and smoothed out his suit. "Follow me." He instructed and began walking towards a classroom. You arrived at a musty classroom. The white board was tainted with dry, black marks. It looked as if the classroom was unused for centuries.

"You'll be cleaning this room up, and you won't leave until this place is spotless." He instructed and left the room.

"Seonsaengnim!" He turned around with a passive expression. "Can you not put this on my record? Jaebal?" He thought about it and nodded. "Since this is your first time, fine. But, next time, I will not be so generous. Understand?" You nodded. "Thank you." He then left.

You stared at the overwhelming mess in front of you. 'What a mess...'

"So," Min Jung walked in, carrying a bucket full of cleaning supplies. "Where should we start?"

L. Joe headed for his motorcycle. Earlier on, you had told him not to wait up for you since you had detention. He insisted on waiting for you, but you flatly overrode him. Just as he stepped foot out of the school, a high pitched voice called out his name. He turned around and planted his hand into his pocket.

"Come with me for a second." Kyung MI grabbed his hand out of his pocket and dragged him away.

"Where are we going?" He asked. "You'll see." She winked.

Kyung Mi slid a door open and directed L. Joe into the quiet room. In the center of the room stood a sleek black grand piano. L. Joe eyes softened at the magnificent musical instrument. As L. Joe stared wistfully at the instrument, Kyung Mi peeked into a classroom that was on the other side of the hallway. She then closed the door and walked up to L. Joe.

"Remember this?" She asked and poked her finger on the piano. L. Joe nodded. "Why did you bring me here?" "Because a long time ago, I remember that you were taking lessons to play the piano. I wanted to see how much you improved since last time." L. Joe stared down at the piano with a small smile playing on his lips. 'I remember why I took the lessons in the first place. For ~~~~~~.' A sweet voice sang in his mind. 'So you could sing along while I played the piano.'

"Sit." Kyung Mi patted the seat and lifted the lid that covered the impeccable white and black keys. "Play me something."

L. Joe sat down on the black long stool and slid his fingers along the keys. His fingers than got into position and played the first song that came to mind.

While you were wiping the windows, you heard a harmonious sound. Your eyes perked up and you looked out the door. 'This song!!' "Yah, pay attention to your work, not the music!" Min Jung said and continued scraping gum from under the seats. You nodded and faced back to the window. You began humming along with the song while scrubbing off all the dust.

Kyung Mi stared dreamily at L. Joe while he was so engrossed in playing the piano, he didn't notice.

'He has the nicest features... his cat-like lips, smooth skin, and dark eyes!'

L. Joe took his hand off the keys after he finished his piece. He took a deep breath and glanced at Kyung Mi. "So, how was it?"

Kyung Mi didn't reply and continued to stare at him.

"Kyung Mi? Hello?" He waved his hand in his face which caused her to snap out of her daze. "Huh? What?"

"I asked what you thought of it." "Oh, it was nice! You did improve." She threw two of her thumbs up in approval. "You passed my test."

L. Joe smiled and stood up, closing the piano cover in the process. "What are you doing??" Kyung Mi asked. "Going home?" "No! At least play one more piece. Please? Listening to you play the piano was enchanting." "And was staring at my face the whole time enchanting as well?" L. Joe smirked and eyed her knowingly. Kyung Mi stiffened and let out a awkward chuckle. "Caught..." L. Joe raised his eyebrow curiously. "Am I really that handsome?" Kyung Mi smiled. "As always. So play me another song, Mr. 'Handsome.'" L. Joe chuckled. "Fine. But this time, pay attention to my song, not my face." He lifted up the cover and began to play another melody.

L. Joe finished another piece and sighed contently. 'I remember why I loved playing the piano, too.' L. Joe glanced down at his phone and almost choked on his spit.

"Oppa, what's wrong?" Kyung Mi asked, perturbed.

"It's so late! I got too carried away..." L. Joe sighed. "I'll be going now, rest of the gang is probably waiting for me." L. Joe grabbed his bag and headed out.

Kyung Mi peeked towards the room on the other side of the hallway. It was was cleaner than before. It pratically resembled a recently renovated classroom. 'Looks like she's about done...'

"Oppa, I'll walk with you. 'Kay?" "Go ahead." L. Joe said. Kyung Mi hurriedly snatched her bag off the stool and jogged towards L. Joe. She glanced back one last time at the piano with a smirk and walked along side with L. Joe.

As they passed by a few lockers on the lower floor, Kyung Mi let out a gasp. She rummaged through her bag, trying to search for something.

"What's wrong?" L. Joe asked.

"My phone! I think I left it in the classroom." She pouted. "Can you get it for me quick?" "Uh, sure." L. Joe nodded and left towards the room.

Kyung Mi bowed thankfully as L. Joe went out of sight. She raised her head as the empty hall and grinned. She leaned against the wall with a smirk. 'It's only a matter of time...'

You whipped the sweat off your forehead with a accomplished grin. "Finally! We're done!"

Min Jung dumped her mop in a bucket and slumped into a almost sparkling seat. "Yeah... I can't wait to go home and take a shower." You nodded. "Me too!"

You checked the time and gasped. "It's so late! I need to start homework soon or I'll be up all night!" Your bag and headed towards the exit.

"Homework? Why don't you just skip it?" Min Jung asked. "Because," You turned around with a grin. "I'm a good student."

Ming Jung chortled and waved her hand. "Arasso. See you tomorrow."

You waved also. "Okay! Thanks for staying and helping me clean up!" You beamed and left towards you locker.

She nodded. 'It was the least I could do after all the horrible things I have done to you...'

You hummed the tune that you heard from the anonymous musician. 'That person such a well formed musician. He or she even played my favorite song! I wonder who he or she is... I would love to meet him or her!' You thought cheerfully. 'Byunghun oppa was right, today is starting to become better.' You walked towards your locker to pick up some of your textbooks that you needed for homework.

On your way towards your locker, a figure that was leaning against the wall appeared. You paid little heed to the person and continued walking forward. As you walked closer, the person's face became clearer. You stopped in your steps and stared at her.

"Kyung Mi? What are you doing here?" You questioned.

She pushed herself off the wall and strode towards you. "I just wanted to tell you something~"

You looked at her cautiously. 'Something's up.' "What?"

"Aren't you curious on who started the rumors of you hurting me?" She asked.

You crossed your arms. "Do you think I'm stupid? I already knew it was you all along."

She blinked in surprise. She then took a step closer to you. "If you knew, then why didn't you do anything, huh?!" She retorted.

"Because, if I tried to tell them the truth, they'd just probably think I'm lying and that will cause the situation to exacerbate." You said in a 'matter of fact' tone. "That would just probably make you happier, right?"

Kyung Mi growled at you. 'Damn, she's pretty smart.' "Aren't you mad at me? Don't you want to get even with me?"

You chuckled. "Do you think I'm some idiot? With the fallacious rumors floating around, doing anything to you will just put myself in a more irritating situation." Your face stayed emotionless. "Besides, you're friends with Teen Top. They're the people that opinions actually count to me."

Kyung Mi bit her tongue in resentment. 'She's ruining everything!!!'

"Well then. If that's all you have to say, then I'm leaving." You said and began to walk towards your locker.

In desperation, Kyung Mi grabbed your arm and pulled you towards her. She slammed herself into the wall with you looming over her.

"W-what are you doing?!" You exclaimed, befuddled at your situation.

Kyung Mi stared into your eyes with an evil glint in her eyes. "If you won't hit me, then I will have to force you to."

"What are you talking about? Like I'm going to hit-" Using the hand in her grasps, she raised it in the air and gave herself a nice hard slap.

You gawked at her in shock. "What the hell- let go of me!" You pulled your arm back but she refused to let go. You tried to use your other hand to pry her hand off, but she instead reached out and grabbed your other hand.

"You know," She huffed. "It would have been easier if you'd just hit me yourself."

"You're- you're crazy!" You yelped and tried your best to pull away. Surprisingly, she was strong for a girl that appearance looked so frail.

Kyung Mi glanced towards a hallway when she heard nearing footsteps. 'It's time.' She then jolted your hand to her hair and enclosed her hands over your hand to make it seem that you were tugging her hair off.

"Please forgive me! I didn't mean for that rumor to get out! So stop hitting me!! Please!!" She pleaded and tears were starting to pour out like a flash flood.

"What the heck-" "Kyung Mi!!" A voice yelled, alarmed.

Your eyes bulged out at the familiar voice. 'Oppa?! Don't tell me, this was all a set up?!'

L. Joe ran up to you and yanked you off of her. He then turned your face towards him so he could see who the culprit was. His eyes widened in disbelief and what he was seeing.

"~~~~~~...? You..." "No!! Oppa, I- you see-" "You were the one who did this to her?" L. Joe questioned in disbelief. "I didn't do that to her!" "Then how do you explain this!!" L. Joe snapped, gesturing to Kyung Mi whose hair was distorted and her cheek burning bright red. "She did this to herself! I- I'm being framed!" You cried out. "~~~~~~, I saw you. You can't go blaming other people. Especially the victim!" L. Joe yelled.

You felt your world shattering right before your eyes. 'No... He played right into her trap...'

L. Joe stared down with dark eyes. "The worst part is that... is that you lied to me."

You looked down with sullen, distressful eyes. You felt like a lost cause. It was already unbelievable that you were in such a situation. How could you explain yourself to make him believe you?

L. Joe glared at you with mixed emotion brewing in his eyes. Anger, disappointment, confusion, and betrayal.

"You said you didn't do it. You said you'd never lie to me, yet I see this." L. Joe shook his head. "That's despicable."

Every word that came out from his lips felt like daggers piercing through your heart.

"Oppa, please believe me-" "Don't give me that bull when you already broke my trust." "Oppa!! You aren't even giving my a chance to explain-" "DON'T-" L. Joe raised his fist in the air and your eyes widened in shock. L. Joe eyes widened in blind rage but quickly stopped when he saw your helpless position. He caught himself and slowly pulled back. He looked away. "Leave."  He turned his back to you and walked towards Kyung Mi. You felt tears blurring your vision and you harshly wiped them away. "I can't believe you choose to trust that girl instead of your best friend." You said with a unstable tone which soon broke out into s scream. "HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE ISN'T THE ONE LYING, HUH?!" "JUST SHUT THE UP AND LEAVE!" L. Joe snapped his head at you and snarled. "FINE, YOU ING DIP! YOU'RE THE WORSE. I HATE YOU." You thoughtlessly yelled and darted towards the exit. Hot tears ran down your face as you raced through the halls towards the exit.

Kyung Mi raised her head and looked down at you condescendingly. A small smirk that said, 'I won.' appeared on her face momentarily.

Your eyes kept filling with fresh batches of tears which blinded your eyes. You also stumbled a couple times at your fast pace. Your mind was blank and your only wish was to get home and escape this hellish nightmare.

As you turned a sharp corner, you collided into someone with full force. You both toppled over with a loud thud.

"Oww..." Min Jung moaned and rubbed her sore . She looked up to see you. "Ah! ~~~~~~. I was looking for you-"

You scrambled up and bowed. "M-mianhe!" You apologized. Min Jung looked at your tear stained face and red eyes and gasped. "~~~~~~, what happened?"

You mind was to distressed to catch her question. You quickly bolted towards the exit. "Y-yah! ~~~~~~!"

 

----------------

 

When you finally reached home, you headed straight to your room. Not even bothering to change out of your uniform, you threw yourself into your bed. The squishy mattress welcomed your exhausted body as you cuddled into your pillow.

You made soft murmurs as you cried into your pillow. The pillow acted as a tissue and soaked up your salty tears.

'I never cried so much in my life.' You sighed. 'But this was the worse pain I've ever experienced, too.' You clenched your chest and sobbed harder until you started to hiccup.

'Byunghun oppa, you pabo! You should know me better than this.' You thought. 'You lied to me, too. You said today would get better, but it got way worse and out of control…’ You buried your face into your pillow. ‘You should have at least given me a chance to explain myself... pabo. I hate you.'

You squeezed your eyes shut though tears still continued to trickle down your moist cheek. That night, you had cried yourself to sleep.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for late chappy. Had a hard time with the dramatic part... I wanted to make you guys cry. >:D Did it work? :o