The Vile Taste Of Hospital Food.

Do You Remember Me~? ~Forgotten Memories~

You finally woke up after a long, restful rest. You blinked repeatedly to get rid of the haze that blurred your eyes. As the haze drifted away, you saw a vivid white ceiling.

'Where am I...' All you remembered was finally winning the little fight that occurred in a basement. After that, Teen Top and U-Kiss were extolling you. Then, everything went black.

You slowly sat up from your bed and glanced around your surroundings. Everything was white and spotless. The room was spacious, with little furniture. There was also a curtain hanging in the middle of the room, to separate other patient's beds.

'Am I in a hospital ward...?' You glanced at the machine that was beeping at a constant rate. You watched the monitor as the line bobbed up and down. 'Definitely in a hospital.'

You glanced down at your arm and frowned at the IV needle. 'Ugh, I hate these...'

"Hey! You're finally awake." You flinched. "Oh, sorry. Did I startle you?" You glanced at the curtain to see a familiar face poking his head by the end of the curtain.

"Kevin!" You beamed.

Kevin reached out and pushed aside the curtains, revealing his arm, which was in a cast.

You stared at his arm with wide eyes. "Your arm..."

Kevin glanced down at his arm. "What, this? No biggy, I had worse." Kevin assured.

"How long have I been asleep?" You asked.

"Umm... a couple of hours. The doctor said you were supposed to awaken in a couple of days." Kevin stated. "He was way off."

"What can I say? I'm an arbitrary person." You smiled but your smile quickly turned into a frown. "I hope Teen Top and U-Kiss aren't bickering at each other while I'm away..." You muttered to yourself.

"Why would they be fighting? They're kind of close now, I think."

You blinked at what he said. "I'm sorry, I think I heard wrong... what did you say?"

Kevin chuckled. "You heard right! They're finally getting along, congratulations."

Your eyes widened. "Are you kidding me?! If you're pulling my leg, I swear-" "I'm not lying, shesh. Have some trust in me!"

"Raise your right hand and say that you swear you're telling the truth."

Kevin threw his hands into the air. "Really?! Is that really necessary?!" You nodded. "Do it!!"

Kevin inwardly groaned and raised his right hand. "I solemnly swear that I am telling the truth."

You cracked into a wide smile. "OHMYGOSH, FINALLY! I KNEW THEY COULD BE FRIENDS! WOHOO-" You shot your hands up and victory and froze. Renewed pain ruptured around your ribs.

You collapsed onto your bed and rolled around while grasping your throbbing ribs. "Ow. Ow. Ow." You whined.

"Oh yeah, the doctor said you had broken ribs." Kevin stated. "It's going to hurt for a while."

"How long?" You whimpered, still holding your side. "Around... four to eight weeks." "What?!" Your eyes bulged out. "Four to eight weeks of pain?!" "Hey! That's only if you move around too much, and maybe if you laugh, or sneeze..." "Aha, that's just great." You rolled your eyes and pouted.

Kevin looked at your with empathy. "Aww, it's alright. At least you get to skip school and just rest here!"

"I rather go to school then stay at this boring prison." You groaned.

"There's a TV here, though!" Kevin pressed a button and a small T.V appeared.

"The food here , too." You scowled.

"I can take out food for you." Kevin pointed out.

"Can I see Teen Top and U-Kiss here?" You raised an eyebrow.

Kevin opened his mouth then paused. "That, I have no solution for."

You sighed. "I want out!" You pulled out your IV needle and winced when blood trickled out of the puncture wound.

"~~~~~~? What are you doing?! You need rest!" "I've been resting for a few hours already, I'm fine now." You stubbornly stated and walked towards the door.

"Yah! At least ask the doctor if you're alright to leave." Kevin said.

"If I run into him, sure." You pulled opened the door and bumped into a man in a white lab coat.

"Oh." You blinked at him. "You must be the doctor..."

Kevin smiled. "Perfect timing, doc!"

The doctor looked you up and down. He then faced your with a raised eyebrow. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going home. I feel fine and you already wrapped up my fractured ribs." You gestured to your ribs.

"Your not going home till I am positive that you are fine. Let me do some examinations on you first, then I'll release you the next day." The doctor instructed.

"Do I have to?" You groaned. "Yes, now lie back down." The doctor pointed to your bed.

You  dragged yourself towards the bed and carefully laid back down. The doctor walked towards your bed and reinserted the IV needle into your vain. You scowled. 'I hate needles.'

After the doctor performed many minor tests on you, he left your ward.

"Finally." You sighed and sank into your bed.

"I know right? They performed all of those redundant tests on me too." Kevin said.

"Yeah..." You shook your head in disapproval.

"I wonder how U-Kiss is doing without me? I hope they aren't missing me too much." Kevin joked.

You giggled but immediately winced when a jolt of pain instigated in your ribs. "Why would they miss someone as whiny as you?" "Yah!" Kevin pouted.

"Wait... you're in a gang, right?" You asked. "Yah! Don't say that out loud or they might hear and sic the police on me." Kevin lowered his voice. "Sorry." You also lowered your voice to a barely audible whisper. "Why are you here then? How come they didn't already arrest you?"

"Well, I guess my good looks doesn't delineate me as someone from a gang." Kevin raised his head and flipped his imaginary locks of hair.

You put your fist on your lips, closed your eyes, and took deep breaths to prevent yourself from laughing. You didn't want the unpleasant pain to return.

After you calmed down, you opened your eyes and glared at Kevin. "Are you trying to kill me?! Stop trying to make me laugh!"

"Why? Does it hurt?" Kevin asked. "Of course, I freaking broke my ribs." You gently caress your bandaged ribs. "Stupid Shinee." You muttered. "And Super Junior." Kevin added. "Right, and Super Junior." You nodded.

Finally, the doctor returned with his test results.

"Miss ~~~~~~, everything seems to be find." The doctor said. "Then if you excuse me, I'll be heading home." You said and reached to pull out your IV needle. The doctor grabbed your hand before you could touch the needle and you glanced up at him with a questioning and annoyed look. "Wae?"

"Even if the tests says that you are fine, we advise you to stay a night here so we can monitor you, for precautionary measures." You scowled. "What if I don't want to take this 'precautionary measures'?"

"~~~~~~, listen to the doctor." Kevin said. "You'll be home in no time."

The doctor nodded. "He's right, you know?" He glanced at Kevin. "Wait, what are you still doing here? I released you hours ago!!"

Kevin shrugged. "I just wanted to stay close to my favorite doctor..." He blinked innocently at him.

The doctor flushed light pink, repositioned his thick-rimmed glasses, and cleared his throat. "F-flattering will get you nowhere." He squeak and quickly bolted out the door, flustered.

You stared at the doctor as he left, your mouth hung open. "Was he... blushing?!"

"It's seems so." Kevin calmly said. "I have that effect on people."

You imagined the doctor flirting with Kevin and shuddered. "Anyways... why didn't you go home when he released you? Staying in this secluded area with no one to talk to and all... weren't you bored?" "I wanted to be the first person you saw when you woke up."

You blinked and felt your ears grow warm. "You flirt with the doctor, now flirting with me. Player!" You scoffed and folded your arms.

Kevin chuckled at your reaction. "And both of my targets blushed."

You blushed more in embarrassment. "S-shut up! I'm not blushing." You denied and looked away.

"Aww, so cute." 'Another reason why I like you.' Kevin softly smiled.

You finally glanced back at him when you were positive that your red cheeks were gone. "Are you going to leave?" You asked.

"Leave?" He tilted his head questioningly.

"Since you've already been released by that pedo doctor and since I'm already awake, are you going to leave?" You repeated your question with more details.

"That depends. Do you want me to leave?"

You shook your head. "I'll be bored all by myself."

Kevin smiled. "Then I won't leave..." You smiled back at him. "Thanks!" "... Under one condition."

You stared at him in disbelief. "There's a catch?" Kevin nodded with a smirk. You sighed. "What is it?" "You have to call me oppa~" You smirked. "Easy. Kevin oppaaa~" You cooed.

Pleasure ran through Kevin's body asively, especially his heart. 'The way she says it sounds so sweet.'

So like what Kevin promised, he stayed with you. Keeping you company, chatting, and doing many things that entertained the both of you. The creepy doctor checked up on you redundant times. You noticed him glancing at Kevin each time he enters.

"Hey Kevin," "Oppa, you forgot oppa." Kevin interrupted. "Right, Kevin oppa. You should go home." Kevin blinked in bewilderment. "Wae? Didn't you want me to stay with you?" "I want you to... but I'm worried for you wellbeing." "Wae?" Kevin furrowed his eyebrows. "That doctor seems interested in you... didn't you see him peeking at you whenever he comes in this ward?! WHAT IF HE DOES SOMETHING TO YOU WHEN YOU'RE ASLEEP?" Kevin gulped, fear and anxiety was evident in his eyes. "Y-yeah, good point. Will you be fine though? By yourself?" You smiled. "I'll survive. The doctor's only interested in you anyways."

Kevin smiled and got up from his bed. He walked up to you and bent himself to meet your height. "If you ever feel lonely or scared, give me a call, okay?"

You nodded like a child. "Okay, have a safe trip home!"

Kevin hugged you gently, aware of your injured ribs. "Good night." "Night."

After hugging, Kevin got back up and turned around.

"Sweet dreams!" You said.

Kevin took a step forward and stopped. He unexpectedly turned around and planted a kiss on your forehead. Your eyes widened and your mouth hung slightly opened due to shock. He pulled back and gave you his signature smile.

"W-what was that?!" You blurted and touched your forehead.

"Good night kiss." With a wink, he left the ward.

You felt flustered. 'Aish, stupid Kevin.' You shook your head and snuggled into your blankets. 'I might as well sleep now, nothing else for me to-'

The door flung open and the doctor eagerly strolled in. "Hello, Miss ~~~~~~. You feeling fine? Famished, maybe?" He asked. You saw him glance at Kevin's unoccupied bed and frowned. "Did your friend leave?"

"Yeah." You noticed how disappointed he looked. "I was hoping he would stay the night..." He sighed. 'I think I saved Kevin's ity from that guy...'

"Anyways," The doctor glanced at you. "Would you like dinner now?" 'Oh yeah, it's dinner time.' "Umm... can I order out?" The doctor chortled. "Nonsense! Why order out, when you can eat delicious food here?" 'Because the food here tastes like dirt.' You thought. "I'll get the nurse the bring up your meal. We're having sundubu jjigae!" He went to the wall phone in your ward and calld the nurse. Moments later, the nurse arrived, rolling a cart full of foods.

"Here you are, Miss." She pulled out your retractable table from your bed and placed your meal on the petite table.

Food: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hummingbirdappetite/3979335505/

"Enjoy." The nursed bowed and rolled the cart out of your ward. The doctor left along with the nurse, also bidding you happy eating.

'Heh, this doesn't look half bad.' You picked up your spoon sampled your supper. You cringed at the taste. 'Appearances are deceiving...' Youi took another bite and gagged. 'Never... eating this again.'

After forcing yourself to stomach the food, the nurse retrieved the plates and utensils. She then bowed and left you alone in your ward.

You sat silently on your bed for a couple of minutes, clueless on how to entertain yourself. You drummed your fingers on the soft fibers of your comforter.

You pressed a button and a small TV popped out in front of you. You dully switched through the channels and turned off the TV when nothing caught you attention.

'I hate staying in this hospital.' You played with your fingers.

"If you ever feel lonely or scared, give me a call, okay?"

'I'll take you up on that offer, Kevin." You picked up your phone, which was on the night stand next to your bed, and looked through your contact list for him.

You stopped scrolling down when you saw L. Joe's name. You paused. 'I should call him and tell him I'm fine, right?' You smiled and called him.

After a couple of rings, the phone finally picked up. "Yoboseyo?"

You froze. 'That doesn't sound like oppa's voice...' "Yoboseyo? Byunghun oppa?"

The other end of the line became silent. "I'm not Byunghun oppa."

You raised your eyebrow. "Then... who is this? Can you pass the phone to him?"

"Sorry, my oppa is sleeping right now..." You could feel her smirk on the other end of the line. 'My oppa?' You clenched your jaw.

"Who is this?" You demanded.

"You forgot me already?" "Just tell me." You snapped.

"Kyung Mi." Your eyes widened. "What are you doing at oppa's house??"

"That's not of your business." Kyung Mi snapped. "Sorry, I have to go, I might wake up oppa. Anneyong~" She cooed and hung up.

The line went dead and your stomach flipped upside down.

'Why did she pick up oppa's phone?' Millions of thoughts invaded your mind. You felt restless and edgy. "I swear, if she tries anything on him, I will throw her down a well and watch her drown.' You cracked a vile smile at the meager thought of it.

'Either way, Byunghun doesn't like her that way... right? Right.' You thought and shook any other possible ideas out of your mind.

You closed your eyes and slowly fell into dreamland. 'Good night, Byunghun oppa.'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anneyong readers~

Sorry if our chappys aren't interesting. We'll try to makee facinating and enticing. :D

Please comment, we look forward see what our readers think of our story. Don't forget to subscribe! xD

(I tried to put the picture in, but the pic wouldn't show. D: So.. here's a website pic. :D)