First Lesson

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Your POV

 

"What were you thinking? There were dusts in your eyes. Don't think of anything stupid, I don't want to kiss you." Luhan's words echoed in my  mind the moment he slammed my door closed.

Earlier, we were in a very awkward position. I don't know why but he kept moving forward, I scooted backwards but he kept moving towards me. His angelic face leaned closer and closer; aka his lips.

We locked eyes for awhile, we were so close I could study his face. Dark-hypnotizing eyes, soft blonde hair, sharp pointy nose, mesmerizing pink lips.

My heart was beating so fast and my face burned up. I was a little bit thankful that my room was dim, or he would be able to see my red face. I assure you, it was as red as a tomato. 

 

He leaned closer. And closer. And closer.

I could feel his warm breath on my skin. My heart was beating twice as fast and loud. I was really hoping that Luhan couldn't hear them. It felt like my heart was about to burst.

And I don't know why. Seriously, I don't. I've never felt like this ever since my first love.

 

Yes, I'm a geek. But geeks has had first loves too, it's normal. But was he really my first love? Nah, I don't think so. I met him three years before my mother's incident. Which meant I was only five years old back then.

He wasn't my first love. I was just delusional. 

 

Anyway, back to the scene.

Luhan closed his eyes slowly and I felt my body stiffen. He leaned closer and closer, but then my phone rang.

I broke away from this incredibly awkward position and grabbed my phone.

 

Lay was calling.

He was worried, he didn't see me after school and he looked for me for hours.

God, I'm a bad girlfriend. Please punish me. I completely forgot about him. What kind of am I?

I apologized to him and I could feel him smirking. He wanted me to go on a date with him in return. I agreed and hung up.

 

I turned to Luhan and asked what he was about to do to me earlier. Instead of answering my simple question, he got mad and slammed the door.

Geez, I didn't know guys get PMS as well. His mood swings are seriously annoying.

 

Ah right, he did say I love you, Eun Gi. 

 

Was he sincere about that?

Or maybe my ear's malfunctioning.

Maybe it was malfunctioning for awhile. I mean, he's So Ra's boyfriend. Which means that he loves her, and not me.

 

That's right. He didn't love me. Right?

 

I sighed and grabbed my French textbooks and dictionary since French try outs are tomorrow. And I haven't quite mastered all of the new vocabularies.

I scribbled some notes on my notebook.

 

Je l'aime. 

 

I love him.

 

Je le déteste

 

​I hate him.

 

Il ne veut pas m'aimer.

 

He doesn't love me.

 

Il aime quelqu'un d'autre.

 

He loves somebody else.

 

I ripped the paper off my notebook, crumpled it and threw it on the dustbin.

"Focus Eun Gi, you've got to focus. Remember this is for your future. Don't change who you are for someone like him. You don't deserve someone like him." I said to myself and regained my focus again on studying.

 


 

Luhan's POV

 

I pressed and pressed the remote control as I grunted, "Stupid call. Stupid phone. Stupid Lay. Stupid call. Stupid phone. Stupid Lay." I mumbled over and over again.

"Gaaahhh!" I threw the remote control and it landed on my bed. I scratched my hair and grumbled, "Why is there no good TV shows right now? Seriously, when I needed some refreshment, the TV hates me. When I needed some time to study, the TV loves me."

 

"I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored." I hummed as I looked for a good book to read.

"Ah, right. What is she doing right now?" I remembered the shiny new lamp I gave her.

She's so dumb sometimes. Well, technically, she's careless, not dumb. How could someone not recognize that camera in the middle of the lamp? Seriously, I really need to teach her some caring lessons. 

 

I hopped on my chair and looked at my computer. I saw her looking doing something on her notebook, with an intense and serious look. "Whoa, she needs to relax a bit. It's not we have any try outs or tests tomorrow." I smirked at her.

I leaned back and stretched my arm and yawned. "Tests? Try outs?" I widened my eyes.

"! French try outs are tomorrow!" I jolted awake and rummaged my bag.

 

"I can't believe I forgot to bring my French notebook home... Gaaahhhh!" I ruffled my hair in frustration as I walked in circles around my room.

I really need to study well and afford better grades from now on. Or Eun Gi is going to get fired by my perfectionist mom.

 

Wait. Eun Gi. My tutor.

I smirked as I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

"What?" Her voice was heard.

"Umm, I need some help with this French thingy. I forgot to bring my book, and your tutoring job starts today, so I would-" Before I got the chance to finish my sentence, she hung up.

I looked at my phone as I cursed some words. Then I looked at the screen. She held her French dictionary and notebooks as she stood up and she was ready to go. I smirked again.

 

Lesson one starts now! 

 

After a few minutes, she banged my door open and came in.

"Ya," I stood up as I pointed at her. "Who gave you permission to come in? Go out, knock the door and come back in." I smirked as I . I really wanted to see her reaction to this.

"Who are you trying to boss me around?" She snapped. Then she pointed at me. "You're my student and I'm your teacher. Give some respect or I'll report you to your mom."

 

"That is most certainly....." I sighed, "True." I admit defeat as I sat back down. Damn, she was cool. I thought.

She smirked and sat beside me.

"Now, you," She turned to look at me. "Memorize all of this and I'll test you. I give you five minutes."

 

"Woman, you crazy or what man? No way I can memorize this in five minutes." I said like a comedian.

She rolled her eyes. "Fifteen minutes, final."

 

I smirked and read her notes. Fifteen minutes passed in a dash and it was time for her to test me.

She snatched her book away from me and looked at me.

"I don't think testing you is a good idea." She looked up as she thought of something. "How about this? We make a conversation in full French. So there'll be no English or other languages. Just French." She smiled as she continued, "And I'll definitely make this easy."

"Sounds good to me." I smirked. "You start."

 

She cleared . "Que faisiez-vous avant cela?" 

What were you doing before this?

 

"Rien, tout simplement traîner autour." I replied.

Nothing, just hanging around.

 

"Ne pas traîner avec So Ra donc aujourd'hui?"

Not hanging around with So Ra today?

 

I smirked. "Pourquoi? Êtes-vous jaloux?"

Why? Are you jealous?

 

She blushed slightly. "Ne soyez pas effrayés, J'essayais tout simplement de construire une conversation basée sur ces vocabulaires droit maintenant."

Don't be so cocky, I was just trying to build a conversation based on those vocabularies right now.

 

"I'm lost. You're too good at this." I said as I stretched my arms.

She chuckled. "That's good for a fifteen minute study. Now, why don't we learn these grammars?" She opened her notebook to a page filled with unknown words to man. Man, as in me.

 

"Let's pass and continue our conversation." I suggested with my puppy face.

She rolled her eyes. "Now tell me, do you want me to be the good teacher, or the bad teacher?"

I smirked on her question. "The bad one of course." I said as I my bottom lip seductively.

She bit her lip and ruffled her hair in frustration. "You're such a stupidannoyingedjerk." She mumbled as she cursed under her breath.

 

Suddenly, the sound of heavy rain was heard.

"It's raining?" She asked.

"No, it's snowing. Now get me another topic pleeasseee." I begged.

 

"Fine, stay there. I'm looking for a better topic for you." She stood up and went to her tiny bag. She rummaged it as I sneaked up behind her. I wanted to scare her at first.

Then she accidentally turned and hit her body with mine.

 

I stumbled due to sudden contact and fell backwards, with her on top of me.

My back hit my bed and she was on top of me.

Our face was so close.

And our bodies touched.

 

The thunder was heard and I heard the door opened.

So Ra was there.

And me and Eun Gi were in this position.

 

.