You Belong With Me

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Your POV

 

After the stupid game at the amusement park was invented, and was played thoroughly by me, Luhan, Lay and So Ra, the finals came up in a dash.

I only have like, a week left to study and then boom, it's time for the finals.

 

Weeks after the amusement date, Luhan and I didn't talk much. It was weird after the way he acted all sweet at our coincidental date, he ignored me.

Hmm, maybe it was me. Maybe it was my fault.

Could it be about my kiss on his cheek? It couldn't be true.

 

Maybe he felt bad about it and thought of So Ra.

Yeah, that could be true.

 

To wrap things up, me tutoring Luhan is a very very hard job indeed.

Is it just me, or is it just me? Okay, so ever since that date, my heart seems to flutter every time I see Luhan.

And tutoring needs some closeness thingy; I had to sit beside him for hours, and talk to him.

 

And somehow it drives me insane.

Sometimes, I could feel myself staring at his handsome angelic face. And I can't look away.

I could even feel the urge for touching his flawless milky skin.

 

Sometimes, I could even feel the urge to kiss his lips.

 

Gosh, what's wrong with me?

I have a boyfriend.

Luhan has a girlfriend.

And this; we; me and Luhan, will never ever happen.

 

Anyway, I was super tired these past few days. Frankly, I was on the edge of passing out every time school starts. Why? I stayed up late and hardly even get the chance to sleep sometimes.

Tutoring Luhan wasn't an easy job, and it would like approximately 3 hours to teach him.

And then what? Lay down on my not-so-comfy bed and go to sleep? No way. I still need to study on my own.

Oh God, I'm really tired and is in need of some rest. 

 


 

School started fifteen minutes ago, and I was busy concentrating on Mrs. Shin's explanation about the galaxy. And for some reasons, Kris seemed to be interested on this topic.

He kept smiling and grinning every time Mrs. Shin explains about our galaxy. What? Is he going to live there? 

He looked so interested I'd recommend him to marry his wife-to-be there, and probably have a honeymoon on the galaxy.

 

Anyway, my head was spinning and it felt heavy.

I didn't get the chance to sleep. I was too focused on studying math, I forgot that I haven't slept at all that day. And as a result, today was a complete bad hair day and also, a bad eye day.

My eyes turned red and I have huge eye bags, it was disgusting even for me to see.

 

I. Really. Need. To. Sleep.

 

Ugh, I was really glad after Mrs. Shin's class was over. I was concentrating on the first thirty minutes, but then my mind started to day dream and my head started to fall down.

Break time was here, which means I could take my eyes off of these things for a while.

But the problem was, where?

 

I need to find a quiet and isolated place. Where could it be?

Ah. The school backyard!

 

I went to my locker, packed up my things and went straight to the school backyard.

I simply love this school's backyard. It's huge and barely anyone would be there on break times. And it has a huge oaktree in the middle. I ran to the middle of the backyard and sat down under the oaktree.

 

 

 

It's windy, so I put on my sweater and leaned back. "Aaahh, this is refreshing." I yawned and took out my phone.

I searched my media and found some songs Luhan just downloaded for me when I was busy tutoring. So this was the thing keeping him busy to play with my phone. "Hmm, a song wouldn't hurt." I hummed.

I took my earphones from my bag and randomly chose a song. The first tone was kinda catchy. But I've never heard of this song before, but I'm pretty sure Taylor Swift is a popular artist. I've heard her names quite often.

 

Track 18

 

Just right after the music started, I could spot Luhan from the school see-through corridor. The corridor was the one heading to the music rooms, and it was made from glass. So I could see him clearly.

My heart jumped a little the moment I saw him holding his phone, talking to someone.

 

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset. She's going off about something that you said. 'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I could see Luhan's angry reactions. He looked like he was fighting with someone through the phone. What, what happened? He hung up and stormed all the way to the middle of the corridor.

Then from the corner of the corridor, I could see So Ra, running to Luhan, clinging her arm with his. He looked annoyed but So Ra kept flirting with him.

 

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts. She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers. 

I looked at what she was wearing. Her uniform was a little bit too tight I think. Her curves were visible and her skirt was way too short. Her hair was neatly curled and she wore expensive jewelries. Then I looked at myself, comparing me to her.

My hair were in messy pigtails, my uniform was neat and clean, and I didn't even wore an earring. Then I was being a wall; separating both of them. I texted Luhan playfully and waited for his reaction.

 

And you've got a smile than can light up this whole town. I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down.

I saw Luhan checking his phone. A smile appeared the moment he opened his phone. I wish it was because of the text I sent. His smile, his gorgeous smile. My heart beats twice as fast the moment he smiled like that. But lately, he didn't smile like he used too. Ever since he dated So Ra.

 

You say you're fine, I know you better than that. Hey, what you doing with a girl like that?

Seriously, So Ra needs to go. Luhan deserved someone a lot better than her. He's nice and smart. He doesn't need someone like her, she's just a burden to him. Right? Who's with me? 

Okay I was being too mean.

 

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you. Been here all along. So why can't you see? 

I remembered the times we've spent together. Not to misunderstand, but I think Luhan smiles brighter when he's with me. He didn't smile a wry smile like he did to So Ra. I also remembered the times we got out on a date. Well, mostly a coincidental date.

I was always there for him, I knew all his problems and I want to be someone who he could rely on to.

 

You belong with me.

Yes Taylor, Luhan belongs with me.

 

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor. All this time how could you not know, baby? You belong with me.

You're so stupid Luhan. I remembered the times when I tutored you. I remembered being so close to you I wanted to hug you. 

Gosh.... I think I'm falling for Luhan.

 

I know your favorite songs, and you tell me 'bout your dreams. Think I know where you belong, think I know it's with me.

Go to hell So Ra and let me be with Luhan.

 

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you? Been here all along. So, why can't you see? You belong with me.

From the corner of my eye, I could see So Ra turning away and walking to the other side of the corridor. Leaving Luhan alone.

Then I saw him walking down the stairs.

 

Yes So Ra, go away now. Luhan belongs to me. Thank you Taylor for reminding me this.

"You belong with me." I whispered as I leaned back and closed my eyes.

 

"Who belongs with who?" I heard a voice beside me.

It was as soft as a whisper, but I could hear it loud and clear. Which means that that owner of the voice is really really close. But I could memorize that voice. I knew who it was.

To my shock, I jumped a little and turned my head as I said, "Nothing, you just-"

 

Before I could finish my sentence, I tilted my head to the right and it happened.

Turns out the owner of that husky voice was closer than I thought. He sat right beside me and he was close. Too close!

And I just tilted my head on his direction. And head, as in lips!

 

My lips touched his lips for a mere second! It simply brushed! OH MY GOD. 

I JUST LOST MY FIRST KISS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I gave it to Luhan.