Doctor

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Dear Seo Eun Gi,

          I know you must think that I'm a coward, but yes, I am. I have a story to tell you. Once upon a time, a queen and a king fell in love at first sight and they got married. What could they do? They were in love. Months later, they were blessed by a wonderful and intelligent daughter. And they lived happily ever after. Well that was until an accident happened in the kingdom.

          One day, when the queen was on her way to her daughter's school, a car accident happened. The king's heart broke hearing the news of her queen's death. And so does the princess. But one day, when the king was almost on the stage of overcoming his broken heart, he saw the queen. He felt happy, immediately he went to the queen. But he stopped his tracks when he saw the queen with another man.

          That was when the king found out that the queen was alive. But the problem is, now she's married to another man. And that man was the one who accidentally bumped into her on the car crash. The king was hurt, not because she was married to another man, yes he was hurt by that, but there was another reason. The queen suffered amnesia. She didn't remember anything before the car crash. No memories of the king, nor her daughter.

          The king who knew that kept it a secret from her daughter. He was afraid she would get hurt. But the thought of him keeping that large secret was too much for him, he changed. The king left the responsibility to run the kingdom and got drunk everyday, bringing lots of women into the palace. He would beat up his daughter for no reason, even though he knew that his daughter had suffered so much.

          My dear Eun Gi, sadly, you were that princess. I was so heartbroken I can't express it to you, so I expressed it by doing those rough things to you. I'm sorry Eun Gi, I really am. The point for telling you this story is to tell you that..... Seo Eun Jung, your mother, is alive. And she's married to another man right now. I wished they have a great life together like I do. I know I'm living a great life, because I have you, as a daughter. I am a coward for not telling you this earlier. I hope you'll do just fine with this. Again, I'm sorry.

 

Best regards,

Seo Kwon Jo

 

Luhan's POV

 

The moment Eun Gi handed me the letter she saw earlier, my eyes widened. So that's why she was crying. No wonder. If it was me, I'd cry and maybe go mad.

We were sitting side by side on her bed, she was crying and I just sat there, blankly. Then she gave me a photo.

"T-This is the p-photo h-he took the moment he s-saw her." She stammered.

 

 

I looked at that photo and somehow that man in the photo looked really familiar. But I couldn't pin point who it was. Is he someone my parents knew? Someone from a wealth family? Aahh it's frustrating to get blank in this time of day.

I looked at her crying face and my heart sank. I saw how she used her hand to wipe her cheek, how her lips curled up like that when she bit her lower lip, how sad she looks, how swollen her gorgeous eyes were.

 

I. Want. To. Kiss. Her. Now.

 

What was I thinking? That would never happen. I mean, she has a boyfriend. I broke the awkwardness, "Why are you telling me this?"

"I don't know," She sighed. "I don't know what to do. I don't even know how I feel right now. Should I be sad? Or should I be happy. But right now, I don't know why but I felt the urge to spill all of this to someone. And unluckily, it had to be you." She rolled her eyes. Damn, she's so cute.

"I know I'm a charmer." I teased. I managed to get a small and soft chuckle from her.

 

"Sooo....." There was a short pause, "What are you going to now? Since you know that she's still alive." I asked gently, afraid of hurting her feelings more than her life had.

"I'll find her of course." High energy from her voice was loud and clear, she looked energetic to find her mother. "Dad said she changed her name to Park Eun Jung. So I guess she's married to a guy named Park something." She sighed, "I will find her, no matter what."

"That's great. I'll help you."

"No need you annoying deer." She pushed my face away with her small hand gently, "This time, I want to do it by my own effort."

"But-"

"No buts. Like you said, my life, my rules." She snapped. Damn, she's adorable.

 

"Okay, okay I lost." I teased, "But don't you ever push my handsome, cute and angelic face with your hand like that, ever again!" I poked her side, hard. At first, I meant to have some fun with her, but her reactions froze me.

She whined in pain as she held her side in pain. "Aaahh......." She grunted painfully.

That wasn't the shocking part. The shocking part was when her white shirt turned red. Oh , her side is bleeding.

 

I screamed, "Ya! Why? What? How?"

"Ah, this?" She said as she held her side. "This is nothing. I fell from the airport escalator when I tried to stop my dad from leaving. It didn't hurt at first, but when I arrived home, I realized that it's bleeding. So, yeah." She said flatly.

"You idiot! And you didn't give any treatment for it?!" I was getting angry for her clumsy and miss I-don't-care-about-my-body.

"Well I had to go to your house, and I had no time for that. I simply washed it with water." She said.

"Gaaahhh!" I messed up my hair as I stood up and walked in circled inside her room. "You," I pointed. "Stay here."

I went outside and grabbed the first aid kit on my bathroom and ran to her room as fast as I could.

 

I stormed inside her room and sat beside her. "Open up a little." I ordered.

"What?"

I rolled my eyes and held her shirt, wanting to remove it. Don't look at me as a ert, cause I'm not. I'm just doing this to take care of her. Besides I'd only need to open the bottom of her shirt to expose her wound. I won't open it all up. No matter how much I wanted too.......

"Ya! You! What were you trying to do!" She scooted to the left. "ert!!"

"ert my . I wasn't trying to open it up to expose your ! I was just trying to take care of your wound. You should be thankful for this, not hate me for this!" I snapped.

"Besides, it's not like you have something worth to see."

Her gaze softened a bit, she slightly nodded and opened her shirt a bit.

 

Gosh her skin is so milky soft and gorgeous. Stop it Luhan! Come back to your senses! You're taking care of her wound. And only her wound. No more thoughts! I gulped hard as my thoughts started to wander off.

My heart raced face the moment I was closer to Eun Gi. I held her wound gently, I heard her hiss in pain and my heart sank. I don't know why, but every time she hissed in pain or maybe slightly screamed in pain, my heart sank and my face turned pale.

Her wound was cut through deeply. But it doesn't need any surgery. I used some ointment for her wound. I knew how it felt, it hurts so bad. It will feel sore and the pain wouldn't stop so fast. But I was astonished on how much pain she could endure.

She showed no signs of pain the moment I spread the ointment. Not even a glimpse. Gosh, she's though.

 

Then, I noticed a small cut on her small pink lips. "And what happen to that?" I asked, pointing at her lower lip.

"Ah, it's a habit of mine to bite my lower lip so it's a usual thing for it to burst and cut off like that." She replied.

"Damn, woman. You should really pay attention to your body. Take care of it would you?" I said as I moved closer to her.

 

Close as in really close I could feel her breath on my skin.

My finger touched her lip. I could sense her body shiver and I could she her blushing on my contact. I smirked and continued to apply some medicine for her lip.

Then the both of us locked eyes with each other. Those dark black eyes. Those thin eyebrows. That pale, pink lips. That small and sharp nose. 

My heart was beating so hard and fast, I was afraid Eun Gi could hear it. 

Kiss. Her. Now.

 

I leaned closer to her. I heard her breathing. I closed my eyes as I felt her warm breath on my cheek. Yes, we were that close. My heart stopped at that moment. I cupped her face in my hands, but this time, she didn't refuse. I swallowed, and I closed my eyes shut.

This is it.... This is it!

 

Just then, her phone rang. Eun Gi quickly broke our almost romantic-kissing moment and picked up.

Lay was on the line.

She was busy talking to him as I cursed in my breath. "Mthrfckngsht.... Stupid Lay. Stupid call. Stupid phone."

Now I blame myself for ever buying her a phone. A lifetime regret.

 

About five minutes later, she hung up. "S-So... Luhan, before the phone call, what were you trying to-" The moment she asked that stupid question, I immediately thought, I want to kiss you, you idiot! You're smart an all on your studies but you're an idiot when it comes to love.

"What were you thinking? There were dust in your eyes. Don't think of anything stupid, I don't want to kiss you." I cut her off and left her room with a loud slamming sound of the door.