Agony and Love

Beauty and the Geek

Luhan just stood there, staring at you as you laughed along with Wooyoung and the Khuntoria couple. His insides were boiling with rage and his fist was curled up into a ball, so hard, his knuckles turned white.

Luhan just couldn't think straight with the fact that you were standing there with very minimum clothing while Wooyoung was flirting with you and the other 2pm members were staring at you.

 

He quickly got up from his seat. "Xiumin, bring your strong arms up on that field and play some volleyball with me would you?" Luhan said without looking at Xiumin.

"What? Why? I'm glued to this seat and I don't think 2pm sunbaes wants us to play with them. We're not that close with them you know?" Xiumin pouted as he kept munching on his snacks.

"Just go, dumplings. Luhan just wants to get Eun Gi out of that field so they'll stop staring at her." Tao laughed as he nudged Xiumin.

Luhan groaned, "Sorry hyung, but I'm going to drag you now."

"Wha-" Before Xiumin could continue, Luhan pulled him by his arm, dragging him to the field by force.

 

"Hey, Nichkhun sunbae." Luhan smiled at him, but his eyes darted back to you as you awkwardly stood there with your right hand rubbing your bare left arm.

"What's up Luhan?" Nickhun narrowed his eyes.

"Can we join you? We're bored and we like volleyball, so let's play!" Luhan rubbed the back of his neck as he said that.

Nichkhun gave no response and Luhan just sprang up into action. "We'll take that as a yes. Xiumin, you come and join Junho's team. I wanna join Nichkhun's team." Luhan emphasized the words 'Nichkhun's team' as he narrowed his eyes at you.

You knew what he meant by that, you weren't stupid. He simply wants you to know that he wants to be in the opposite team, playing against your team. You were surprised though; you thought he would want to play in yours, defending you.

But, since he decided that he wants to be in Nichkhun's team, game on.

 

Nichkhun shrugged and accepted the two juniors. Luhan adjusted his white wife beater as he stared at you. You rolled your eyes and focused on the game. You weren't actually the athletic kind of person, but you wanted to do your best because Luhan's behavior pissed you off.

Jun.K blew the whistle and served the ball. It went towards your direction, but Junho playfully-yet athletically-helped hit the ball for you. You smiled thankfully at him as he winked back at you.

Luhan rolled his eyes and as the ball flew up on top of the net, he jumped and smashed the ball down. But it didn't land on the ground.

It landed on you.

 

The ball hit you hard on your chest and it made you stumble down. You winced as you held your aching chest. The boys gathered around you to check up on you, but Luhan shoved them away.

He took off his wife beater, exposing his built chest as he covered you with it. "I'm sorry, it's my fault. Let me take care of you." He said as he carried you up bridal style.

He then walked towards the bench where you put your robe on with you in his arms. He used his foot to take your robe and kicked his foot upwards so that he could catch it with his hand and covered it around you again. Luhan has successfully turned you into a sushi roll.

"I'll be going now." He smiled at the boys and went inside the hotel and left them speechless. He even left you speechless.

 

Both of you went inside the elevator, but Luhan still hasn't put you down. You poked his sides as you narrowed your eyes. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Uh huh." Luhan said without looking at you.

"Why?" You snapped.

"I'm in a bad mood, don't mess with me now." He said coldly.

"Geez, you were the one who wanted to kidnap me, now look who has PMS." You rolled your eyes as you held his neck.

 

There was a long silence before you continued, "Anyway, you can put me down now."

Luhan groaned, and as both of you arrived at your floor, he kept carrying you bridal style to your room. "You did bring your card key right?" He asked.

"Right here." You slid your hand to your robe pocket and took your card key.

 

Luhan snatched it from you and opened the door. He laid you down on the bed before turning his back towards the door, leaving.

But he stopped his tracks and glanced at your covered body. "Don't go out wearing those again. I'm the only one who could see you in them, got it?" He said before closing the door and left the room. And most of all before leaving your heart racing fast and your face flushing red.

 


 

It was six thirty o'clock, and you were still lying on your bed watching Instant Cash while munching on Victoria's snacks. You groaned when your phone rang again; it hasn't stop ringing since five. You picked it up and pressed the green button without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" You said lazily.

"Why aren't you getting ready? Party starts in seven. Girls needs a minimum of two hours for putting on their dress and make up." Nichkhun said through the phone.

Since today is Grey High's anniversary, a party is held to celebrate. Every student is invited, but you were only going just because of the food. And because of Khuntoria, who kept forcing you to go.

"I don't wear makeup and I don't want to wear a dress. I'll just use my jeans and blouse, so just go back on your date with Vic umma and stop bothering me." You groaned again before hanging up.

 

You switched the channels, but your phone distracted you again. This time, you didn't bother to look at your phone. You got up and went outside.

You hummed as you took the elevator down the lobby. The elevator stopped and two figures stand in front of you, Kris and Chen. They were happily their ice creams while talking.

"Hey Lu Eun Gi." Chen winked as you stepped out of the elevator.

"What do you mean by Lu Eun Gi?" You narrowed your eyes.

"We're saving that name just in case Lulu wants to marry you." Chen trolled once more.

You rolled your eyes and moved to the right to make way as both of them went inside the elevator. "Oh right, Lay arrived one hour ago. Room 303, but he's at the pool now." Kris smiled at you.

"Thanks." You smiled back.

"Goodbye Mrs. Lu~" Chen sang.

You rolled your eyes and walked to the swimming pool.

 

Your pace slowed as you saw Lay sitting on one of the benches, talking to someone on the phone. That was when something hit you. If he has arrived an hour ago, why hasn't he called you? This isn't so like him.

Usually, he would go around calling and texting you, making sure you were okay, and things like that. But now, he's sunbathing comfortably while talking to someone on the phone. Besides, the party would start in thirty minutes, why wasn't he ready yet?

"Maybe he has a reason. Yup, he must've." You assured yourself.

 

You tiptoed towards him. You didn't mean to eavesdrop, but you sort of accidentally did.

"Yeah, I just got here an hour ago." You heard him talk through the phone. "No, I haven't called Eun Gi yet. I don't want her to know I'm here just yet." He grinned.

What did he mean by that? He's avoiding me? You thought.

"I did everything you asked me okay? I kidnapped her and taped her inside that projector room. She saw you guys and I managed to capture her back, isn't that enough?" Lay continued.

Your heart sank and your hands trembled.

 

All those times......

He cared for you; he gave you huge tips when you were still working at that cafe.

He confessed to you; he gave you a small piece of paper saying that he likes you.

He protected you; he wanted nothing but the best for you.

He rescued you; he found you at the projector room and secured you in his arms.

Was all of those times a lie? Did he used you? The pathetic old fashioned geek who knew nothing but knowledge, who doesn't fit in into any group at school, did he use her?

 

"So Ra, I know that you're having your photo shoot in Dallas, but stop nagging me. I know my job alright? I'll keep Eun Gi away from Luhan, don't worry, Luhan's all yours." Lay grinned. There was a long silence before he continued, "Why I followed your orders? Well, I simply thought that I like her. I really do, back then when she was naive and cute. But those feelings stopped the moment she became my girlfriend. I realized that I just like her as a friend."

If he likes you just as a friend, why did he lie to you? Why did he say cheesy things like I love you? Why did he play with your now broken heart? Why could you fall into such a trap?

 

"Hey, don't get me wrong. And don't get mad, but Luhan has a thing for her. Luhan's like the ultimate flower boy in school, and if he likes my girlfriend, it means unintentionally, I had beat him. So I thought that I'd use her for my popularity. Why do you think the people in school didn't want to bother her? It's because of Luhan. With him securing her, no one would dare to go against her. And I beat him." Lay laughed sarcastically.

That hit you hard. He didn't like you, nor did he want to be with you. He just wanted to be with you to increase his popularity just because Luhan likes you. All those times, he wasn't sincere. He was acting to like you, and he lied to you.

You came here to confess about your feelings to Lay, that you wanted to break up with him, and that you liked Luhan too. But I guess you were never his girlfriend after all. And even though his words were harsh, you didn't shed a tear. True, your heart felt like it has been stabbed by dozen of knifes, but you can't cry. And that made you realize that you too has lied to yourself.

You've never liked him as a boyfriend either. You liked him as your big brother, and you accepted his heart because you pitied him. And most of all, you realized how much you love Luhan.

 

"It's not stupid, it's smart. Anyway, I got to go now. See you So Ra." Lay said as he hung up. He stood up and turned around, only to be greeted by you, whose eyes glared at him furiously.

"E-Eun Gi?" Lay stammered. He froze there, completely dumbfounded. "I-I-" Before he could continue, you snapped at him.

"Save your bulls, Lay." You've never said those harsh words to him before, but you didn't care anymore. "I guess we were never a couple, so why bother talking to your toy? I'm just a toy right? Who you could use, and when it's worn out, you could throw and step on it."

"Eun Gi, I-"

"I told you to save your bulls Zhang Yixing!" You were almost shrieking. "Or is Zhang Yixing even your real name?" You scoffed and glared at him, "Don't you dare say my name again. I don't want to hear my name coming out from that filthy mouth." You pointed at his mouth. "If it does, I won't hesitate to kill you." You spat before turning around, leaving him.

 

Your insides were burning as you speed walked through the lobby, into the front door of the ballroom. The ballroom doors were wide open, and you could see Luhan in a tux, laughing with some guests.

You wanted to talk to him. You wanted to hug him. You wanted him bad. But you can't possibly come in there with your messy pigtail, shirt and shorts. So you waited there, just right outside the ballroom, hoping that he sees you and that he would come to you.

 

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours, yet Luhan haven't spotted you yet. You can't go back to your room since you forgot to bring your cardkey with you, which means that you were now stuck outside, and you couldn't call Victoria since you left your phone in your room.

Just when your hopes were fading, a figure stood in front of you.

 

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you coming in?" You looked up and saw Nichkhun, with his tux, handsomely narrowing his eyes at you. "When you said you didn't want to wear a dress and put on your makeup, this isn't what I expected."

You chuckled, "I wanted to come in there badly, but I didn't bring my phone and cardkey with me, so I can't change into some proper clothes."

Nichkhun shook his head in disapproval. "Someone needs a makeover. Stay there and I'll call Vic." He winked and took out his phone, calling his beloved girlfriend.

 

About twenty minutes has passed and you were inside your room, along with 2pm and Vic umma. 2pm wanted to be the judge for which dress you're going to wear, and Vic umma is going to do your hair and makeup.

All the 2pm members were sitting comfortably in your bedroom while Vic umma carefully curled your hair after putting on your makeup.

"I really like your hair. It's long and smooth." Victoria complimented.

"Really?" You chuckled with your eyes closed. Victoria blindfolded you so that she could surprise you with your transformation.

"Uh huh. Since we have no time, I can't do a bun that I think would look stunning on you. That's why I'll just do this to your hair.

 

 

She opened your blindfold and you couldn't recognize yourself. She put on light makeup on your face and your hair was simply amazing. You widened your eyes and poked your hair.

"Aish, don't touch it! You'll just ruin my masterpiece!" Victoria slapped your hand as she chuckled, "You look gorgeous Eun Gi." She smiled and handed you a white dress. "Use this and come out okay?"

 

 

After minutes of adjusting your dress, you sighed and turned the door knob. You've never worn anything so revealing as this. True, this dress wasn't revealing, but you've never worn anything like this before.

You opened the door and the others who were busy watching the TV, turned their gazed to you and stared at you.

"So, how is this one?" You asked as you rubbed your arm.

 

"Oh my gosh, you're like an angel." Vic umma laughed, seeing how Eun Gi has successfully made the boys frozen for the second time today.

Junho shook his head and clapped his hands. "Bravo Eun Gi. You look pretty."

"Yeah, go steal Luhan's heart." Taecyeon smirked as all the 2pm members agreed that this was the dress. The dress that could melt any boy's heart in an instant.

 

The moment you arrived with your arm linked with Wooyoung's, the entire room just stared at both of you. Including Luhan, whose gaze was fixed on you, and only you.

After two minutes, he regained conscious and walked to you, bravely and dashingly. Seeing how Luhan glared at Wooyoung, he smirked and whispered in your ear, "I'll be going now or Luhan's going to kill me. Good luck you two."

You smiled before seeing Wooyoung left. Then you turned your attention to Luhan, and Luhan did the same.

 

"Where were you?" Luhan asked you, his tone cold and harsh.

"I'm right here." You replied.

"No, where were you? Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"Does it matter? What matters now is that I'm here right now." You were now testing him. You wanted to know if Luhan really cared for you, unlike Lay.

 

"Of course it matters you idiot! I have to know your whereabouts 24/7 or I'll lose my mind. And why did you link your arm with Wooyoung? Where did you get that dress? Why are you looking so beautiful in front of the others? Didn't I tell you that I'm the only one who could see this?" Luhan pointed at you.

Your face shows no expression, but you were smiling inside. Right now, at this very moment, you were sure that you loved him, and he loves you back.

"I was at the hotel, you don't have to worry about me. I didn't answer your calls because I left my phone in my room. I linked Wooyoung's arm because he wanted me to. This is Victoria's dress, and I wanted to look good in front of you." You answered his questions.

 

Luhan stood there, looking at you. His eyes filled with concern to the point that he made you feel secure. "Did the 2pm members put that dress on you, personally?"

You rolled your eyes at his question. "No, and would you stop asking me stupid questions and dance with me?" You held his hand and took him to the dance floor.

 

play this

 

You’re in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive

 

As the music played, Luhan pulled you close, drawing you against him in a slow pace. You were now in the center of the ballroom, and everyone was staring at you, whispering at both of you. Luhan spun you around, he was confident and elegant. He twirled you back to his embrace as both of you locked eyes with each other, like nothing else matters. It's just you and him.

 

A life goes by 
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close

 

"I have a confession to tell." You said.

"What is it?" Luhan asked, spinning you around once more.

"I heard you." There was a long pause before you continued, "I heard you talking to your mom. And I heard about your confession too. I know that we're from different worlds, I know that I'm nothing in your eyes. I'm poor and I'm ugly, I don't have anything to offer you either. That thought never left my mind, your words echoed around my head the whole day. I was wondering if those words were true or not, but seeing you right now made me sure. I-" Before you could continue, Luhan grinned.

"I get it Eun Gi. Now would you stop saying nonsense and let me kiss you?"

You nodded and Luhan captured your lips fully with his.

 

You just kissed Grey Company's heir in front of everyone, but you didn't care. The kiss wasn't rushed, it was sweet and gentle. It's like his lips were made just for you, like he was your missing puzzle piece.

You broke the kiss and whispered in his ear, "Everyone's staring."

"Of course." He whispered back, you could feel him smiling. "Grey Company's rich heir just kissed a poor and ugly geek who has nothing to offer him."

You rolled your eyes and both your foreheads touched as you stared at him. Luhan stared at you back and he brought you closer to him as he wrapped his hands around your waist tighter.

"I love you." You said bluntly.

He chuckled, "I love you too."

 

 


Hey! I just got back from the school trip. I'm tired hahahaha, so how's this chapter? I did a plot twist, Lay is actually the bad guy from the start. Expect that? Idk hahaha. For all Lay stans, please don't hate me, but I have to go on with the plot. I'm so sorry for making him the bad guy, I'm sorry guys. DONT HATE ME :(