New Beginning

Beauty and the Geek

“We’re here, Ms. Park.” Jin, my personal driver said as he opened the car door for me.

Yup, now I have a personal driver. One week turned into a month of disasters. Well, it might not be a disaster for me and my family, but it is a month of disaster for the others. School must go on despite all the drama in this world, and school means that I have to face everyone.

I gave Jin a smile and walked slowly towards the school gates, avoiding all the looks and whispers people threw at me.

 

Just then, a couple of girls walked in front of me and smiled brightly. “Hey, there! You’re Eun Gi, right? Park Eun Gi?”

I nodded silently and rubbed the back of my neck. The girls then beamed and began smoothing down my messy hair. “I’m Jeong Sena, and that’s Jeong Subin. We were friends with Park Sora before, and seeing what a traitor she is right now is making us sick.” Sena said.

“Yeah, we know what it feels, and we know that you must be hurting from all of this, especially after seeing how that filthy heir of this school treated you. How dare he toy with Park Belle’s heir? I mean I think he only wanted to date Sora because he thought that she was the real heir. But when he found you, he wanted you too because he knew he was wrong. I’m so sorry for you, but we’re here, we feel you.” Subin continued as both of the girls tackled me into a group hug.

I simply gave them a wry smile and patted their backs, trying to escape from the guilty feeling that is firing inside me right now. It was never him, it was always me. He was never to blame with, it was always me. It has always been me from the start.

 

The first period went quickly and surprisingly quite smoothly. Luhan was nowhere to be seen because the teacher said that he was moved to another class, and Subin and Sena were beside me all along. The three of us walked gracefully down the hall, towards the cafeteria as people made way for us, whispering every now and then about how flawless we are.

I sighed; maybe this is what money can do to them. Once you have many of them under the palm of your hands, they worship you. Once you have none under the palm of your hands, they outcast you. It’s cruel, but it’s reality.

 

They sat at the middle of the room and began to munch in our food with poise. I stood right beside the table, wondering if I should join them or not. Sena motioned me with her index finger to come sit with them, which I half-heartedly obeyed.

While they eat peacefully, my eyes scanned the room for a certain someone, yet that someone didn’t bypass my sight. I shifted uncomfortably as the corner of my eyes captured a table filled with people who threw disgusting looks towards my direction.

 

I clenched my fists as I gathered all the courage there is left in me and took a glance at them as they glared back at me. There they were, my real friends, eating just a couple of tables away from me. EXOM and surprisingly 2PM along with Victoria sat together as they ate quietly. I tried to spot Luhan, but he was nowhere in sight. Lay too, was nowhere to be seen.

When Tao saw me looking their way, he whispered something to Kris and the entire table turned to look at me with death glares. Chen glared at me the most and mouthed ‘traitor’ before shifting his gaze back at his meal.

I gulped down the lump in my throat. They knew.

 

Just when I wanted to return back to my apple, I saw Victoria’s eyes as she nodded to the left of the room. I followed her sight and saw that Luhan was just outside the cafeteria walls, standing right on the oak tree where we had our first, accidental kiss. I returned back to Victoria and mouthed a ‘thank you’ with a smile before staring at the scene outside these walls.

I widened my eyes when I saw that Luhan wasn’t alone. I saw about three kids who were bullying a girl. I squinted my eyes to see a better look at her and my heart clenched the moment Luhan stood up for her as he interlaced their fingers together and took her to who-knows-where.

“Park Eun Gi?” Sena called, snapping me out of my trance.

“Oh?” I said, looking at her.

“What are you looking at?” she asked.

I shook my head and stood up, “It’s nothing. I have to go, I forgot something in my locker.” I lied quickly and walked out of the room, not giving any chance for the girls to reply.

 

With tears on the verge of falling down from my eyes, I clutched my chest and ran to the rooftop, hoping for some peace and quiet.

Park Sora you’re so damn lucky.

I murmured quietly, reminiscing the scene earlier with Luhan.

 


 

“So, what are you going to do now?” Jongsuk asked me the moment he arrived at my new house, or should I say, my real house.

I sighed, rethinking about what I’ve done. I’ve literally destroyed dreams of many innocent people; Mr. Lu was downgraded from his original position because of his son’s wrong doing, Sora was humiliated all over Seoul and she has gotten many anti-fans as a model, and most of all, I destroyed Luhan's trust in me.

All of those only because I want to fulfill my needs and live life to the fullest.

 

“You know what?” I asked, fixing my gaze at the white ceiling. “I don’t know either.”

Jongsuk sat across me and made a gesture with his hand. “Continue.”

“I just,” I sighed, “All I’ve wanted was to know what it feels like to live in an easy life, not having to work part time jobs and such to fulfill my needs, having personal drivers, personal maids who do mostly everything for you, and to have power underneath the palm of my hands.”

I then looked at Jongsuk oppa with a look, “I just never thought how empty it would feel despite all the money I have right now. I never thought how horrible it is to be controlled by money, how wrong it feels.”

 

“But, Jongsuk oppa.” I said, “My friends, my real friends, they, they knew. They knew the truth, they knew that I’m the one at fault, but why did they keep it secret? Why don’t they spread it out for the whole world to know how wicked I am?”

“Who would believe them? Even if they tell the media, they won’t buy it because your lie is like the hottest news in town. Society wants gossip, they don’t want the truth.” Jongsuk replied.

 

Jongsuk gave me a wry smile. He walked towards me and sat incredibly close beside me as he rested my head on his broad shoulders. “I know it’s hard, but that’s what life is. Life is full of bumps here and there, if there is none, then it’s not life.” he simply said.

I broke out into a soft laugh, “Since when were you this wise? The old Jongsuk oppa I knew has yellow teeth and seaweed in his braces.”

“Hey! That was such a long time ago.” He pouted and raised his shoulder, making my head fall onto his lap.

I giggled and shifted comfortably on his lap, using both my hands as a pillow. “Oh God, even the slightest touch you gave me made me feel like a complete traitor.”

“And why is that?” he asked.

“It’s just that I......” I started, choosing my words carefully. “I really.....”

 

I sighed before mumbling some words that I knew were incompetent for someone like me to say right now. “I really like Luhan.” Tears from the cafeteria earlier dropped from my eye as my heart clenched.

 


The story is coming to an end, I could see it hahahah. Please do comment and upvote. Please, please? More upvotes and comments mean faster updates! hahaahahahahah, no I'm just kidding.....

 

But seriously though, don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote kayy? ^^ Show me that you like this story (if you do) because I dislike silent readers.