First Day

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

You knocked the school office door. "Come in." A deep and husky voice was heard.

You came in and saw a cute blonde hair boy. The thing that made him different from the others were his incredibly cute and thick eyebrows. He was standing while reading a stack of papers while humming some tones. He noticed your presence as he greeted, "Hello there. Are you here to submit the form?" He looked at you from head to toe.

"Umm, yes." You looked around but no one else was present, "Where is Mrs. Lee?"

"She's out of town and I'm in charge of the transfer students and the school administration." He smiled, "Hi I'm Nichkhun."

 

You gave no response and handed your form, "This." Your tone was flat.

He smiled, "Yes, nice to meet you too," There was a long pause as he read your form. His reaction was exactly the same as you predicted it would be. He turned the page and he made a weird and confused face. "Seo Eun Gi." He said carefully.

He smiled at you and back to the papers, "These are not the answers I'm expecting but I guess I'll work something out."

"Then I'll be going to my class." Again, your tone was flat and you didn't smile at him at all.

That's weird. Most girls in this school would die just to see me smile. And when I did she didn't smile at all. Ah right, she didn't even greet me a hello or a nice to meet you or squeal when she saw me. Well, from her looks she is kind of old fashioned. But she's something else. Nichkhun smirked as he read your form. This is going to be interesting.

 


 

"Today we have a new student, and as you already know, she's a transfer student. She has the best scores yet so you'd better learn something from her." Mrs. Han; your homeroom teacher said to the entire class. She looked at you, "Say your greetings."

Everyone in the class didn't even look at you, they looked away, making disgusted faces and talked to the person near them.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo​," Your tone was flat, "This is my first time here and it is a privilege for me to get a scholarship here. It's been hard for me to get this scholarship, especially-"

"Ya!" A boy threw a ball of paper to you and hit it right on your forehead.

"She asked you to say your greetings. It means annyeonghaseyo was enough. Why bother to tell about your whole life? It's like anyone would listen." He scoffed. Everyone in the class started laughing, mocking you.

From the corner of your eye, you could see Mrs. Han laughing with the class, but she hid it by placing her hand on .

 

"Do you like it garbage bin? You don't belong here so just go away!" Another boy continued, he raised his hand to throw a ball of paper to you. But a boy behind him grabbed his wrist, stopping him. He was cute, too cute.

The entire class stopped everything they're doing and looked at them. It was quiet, too quiet.

"Ya, didn't your mother teach you any respect? She isn't the garbage bin, you are you punk." He took the paper from his hand and threw it at him.

"I-I'm s-sorry Luhan." He ducked his head, looking at him.

"It's not me you should apologize to, apologize to her." Luhan pointed at you.

The whole class turned around to face you as you just stood there in front of the class. "I-I'm sorry." The boy said.

"Now, that's better isn't it?" Luhan smiled.

"What's this? Luhan isn't that type of person, I've never seen him get angry before." You heard a girl whispering to her friend.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him get angry too. I thought he's an innocent and harmless boy until now." Her friend looked at him.

 

"Enough of this nonsense," Mrs. Han said, "You, go to your seat!" She pointed an empty table. It was right next to him.

Right next to Luhan.

As you were about to make your way to your seat, a knock was heard and a head popped out. It was that brown-haired guy from before. What was his name? You thought.

"Excuse me Mrs. Han, but can I take Eun Gi out for a while?" He smiled brightly. You could hear all the girls there squeal and making cute faces. "Can't you see that class is about to start? Later." Mrs. Han said.

"Aww, come on Mrs. Han. Do you know that you look 100% prettier since you cut your hair? You don't even have to wear your make up, you're already pretty inside and outside." He made a cute face.

Are every boy in the school like this? Ugh so disgusting. You thought.

"Okay okay." Mrs. Han smiled, "Don't take too long." And just like that, she changed her mind.

"Thank you Mrs. Han." He smiled to her, "Come on." He dragged you out of the class. You tried to complain but he shut you up.

 

"Where are we going? Let me go, I'm better off studying in class rather than being dragged out like this." You said as soon as both of you was outside of class.

You struggled from his grip but you managed to turn and walk away. That's when a hand grabbed your wrist and yanked you towards him. "You're something else you know that?" Nichkhun smiled.

"Not letting go? I'm here to study don't get in the way of that." You wiggled your wrist, but his grip was way stronger this time.

"Ya, I'm your sunbae, and is this a proper way to treat a sunbae? You didn't even greet me back when I said hello or nice to meet you." Nichkhun protested, "Come to think of it, you haven't said my name since the beginning." He raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry." You said. But your voice was quiet, almost like a whisper.

Nichkhun looked at you and smiled, "Okay, apology accepted." He laughed and grabbed your hand.

 

"What are you doing?"

"I'm taking you on a tour."

"Tour? What tour?"

"Well I have to show you around. You'll get lost easily if you don't know this place well."

"I don't need any. I'm going back to class." You freed your hand from his grip as you turned around.

But he held your head and turned you around, making you twirl and stumble, he looked at you in the eyes and said, "Ya, it's not like I wanted to give you a tour. It's listed in the form that every transfer student must get a tour from the school administration on their first day. And because Mrs. Lee is not here, I'll be in charge for you."

"Don't make this harder okay? I'm tired too you know? I don't want any trouble so just follow me quietly." Nichkhun continued as he went forward, leaving you behind.

You were being stubborn and you turned around, walking towards your class.

"Aish this girl," Nichkhun said as he turned around to see you, "Seriously she needs some counseling for her stubbornness."

 


 

"Oh, you're back." Mrs. Han said as soon as you stepped inside the classroom. "Go to your seat." You nodded.

"Mrs. Han," A girl raised her hand, you sat on your seat as she said, "Why is she in our class? Can't she be moved to another? It's impossible for me to study with a living creature like that being in our class."

The whole class except Luhan burst in laughter. Mrs. Han cleared , "Well, whether we like it or not, she has her will to study here. We can't do anything about it so let's continue okay?"

 

"Ya," Luhan whispered to you.

You were busy concentrating when Luhan called you. You sat still, looking at the board.

"Aishh, ya!" This time he threw a paper ball at you.

Pissed off you looked at him, "What? Can't you see I'm trying to study?"

"How could you say that to someone who rescued you when a paper ball was ready to fly to you?" Luhan leaned towards you.

"Well unfortunately that someone managed to threw a paper ball by himself just now." You grabbed the paper ball and threw it at him.

"Feisty...." Luhan smirked, "Than maybe you should-" He continued, but something stopped him.

 

"Mike testing one two three." A boy's voice was heard from the school radio.

The whole class giggled hearing his voice. And you knew exactly who those voice belongs to.

"Class 2-1 Seo Eun Gi report to the school office immediately." It said.

You gritted your teeth as the whole class turned to look at you, "Why aren't you going? Go to the school office." Mrs. Han instructed

"Yes." You clenched your teeth. You stood up, grabbed your bag and went outside as the whole class looked at you.

 

"Should I do this to make you come here? It's disappointing Seo Eun Gi." Nichkhun waved as soon as you stepped inside.

"What do you want? I'm in the middle of physics, so make it quick." You folded your arms.

Nichkhun shook his head, "You and me. Tour. Now."

"I don't want to." You turned away, "Is that it? I'll be going then." Your tone was flat, yet again.

"I really don't want to do this but if you keep insisting to go back to class I'll have to report you to the principal."

"What?" You stopped your steps.

"You heard me. Now zip your mouth and follow me." Nichkhun walked away, leaving you.

You clenched your fists as you followed him.

 

 

"This is the swimming pool. The showers are way over there."

 

"This is the cafeteria, you can take anything you want."

 

"This is the library, almost every book is available here."

 

"This is the indoor gym, while in front is the outdoor gym."

 

"The science labs are all the way down this hall."

 

"This is the music hall. Violins on the second floor, vocals and guitars on this floor while keyboards on the third. Pick one of those lessons."

 

You gave no response in everything he said in this entire tour. You just followed him and nodded to everything he said.

"Ya, are you even paying attention?" Nichkhn suddenly stopped his steps.

You opened your mouth, but the school bell cuts you off, "I guess it's lunch time already? Now you're done with the tour, I'll be going." You bowed and left him.

Nichkhun smiled to himself, "She really is something else."

 


 

"Where is it?" You were at the library, right at the science section.

You didn't bother going to the cafeteria. You just wanted to be alone like usual. The science section is at the way back of the library, covered by huge shelf.

"Ah, there it is." You smiled as soon as you found what you were looking for.

"Why is it so high above?" You tiptoed to grab it but you still can't reach it. It was at the highest shelf, "Aishh..." You grumbled.

You tiptoed again yet you still can't reach it. Then you tried jumping, it wiggled but it didn't fell.

"One last try." You said as you positioned yourself to jump.

 

As you jumped halfway, you could see a hand reaching for it. Surprised, you stumbled and fell on top of a boy.

He was holding the book you were trying to get,

 

as the both of you locked eyes.

 

It was him.

 

The boy with the cute baby face.

 

And you fell.

 

 

On top of him

 

 

Which made your face just inches away from his.

 

 

And also your lips.

 

 

Oh boy...

 

 

This is bad.