Prologue

Beauty and the Geek

 

prologue

 


 

Passerby's remarked that our relationship was unique, and I presume them true.

We were the best of friends, practically implementing everything together. But as the days passed by, it was getting harder and harder to pretend. The truth was, I was in love with the charming boy next door who addressed himself as my knight in shining armor. Unique, really.

 

People have already anticipated it, so I guess our surprise dating outburst turned out to be an unsurprised one. Well, we dated for a few, and it was the happiest moments of my life as he made me believe in love amid all the struggles we went through.

Everything has its end, as well as our relationship.

 

It was a cold and gloomy night, I still remember that day so clearly as I held onto him with all my might. It was the last I saw of him, the study of his face. I knew that the place he has gone to is a place only the dead could enter, but it doesn't really matter because our memories can't be erased.

I sit alone every night with a bruised heart as I reassure myself that everything will be all right in the end.
 

Nothing has really changed, even though he's not here right now, I still feel his presence next to me. With a fragile heart that's slowly adjusting to continue life without that charmer, I knew that I'll never be alone because he will always be with me.

He said it himself right at the very moment before he left, "I may not wear a coat of shining armor, but my code of glowing honor will never fail to protect you from evils far worse than any fire-breathing dragon.", though I know that he probably took that line from his favorite fairy tale book.

But the point is that he lived; whenever, and wherever he is, that knight lived solely to protect me.


 

 



 

AUTHOR NOTES
Kind of a short prologue, written in Seo Eungi's point of view.

 

©