Trapped in Between

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Both of you locked eyes for a mere second. From the looks of it, girls would die just to be on that position. The awkwardness broke when you widened your eyes as you quickly stood up. You cleared your throat as you tidied your clothes. Luhan stood up as well, he looked at the book he was holding and raised an eyebrow.

"Give me that." You tried to grab it but he raised it higher so that you couldn't reach it.

"Drugs huh?" He walked away with the book on his hand, "Why are you so interested in drugs?"

You clenched your teeth as you followed him, "Ah, just give me the book!" You reach out to get it but he moved slightly to the left, making you stumble.

"Oh wait, don't tell me..........." He gasped playfully, "Are you addicted?!"

"What?" You looked left and right, Luhan's voice was loud enough for everyone to hear, "Be quiet! And no I'm not!" You closed his mouth with your hand.

 

"Give me thaaattt..." You hissed.

"Grumpy as hell." Luhan turned to see you, "Here." He winked as he put the book on top of the shelf.

"YA!" You slightly shrieked. "I can't even reach the highest row of the shelf, how could I possibly get that book now?" You cursed at Luhan.

"Your problem." He winked and walked away.

 

"AOAIHPSDGVPNCVUSHAOSNDCOUSA!" You cursed in your breath.

"Hey, and it's not good to curse on people." Luhan's head popped out as he smiled, "Good luck with that." He pointed at the book.

"That boy seriously!" You clenched your teeth.

 

You went back to the science section, after minutes and minutes of searching, you managed to find the same book as the one Luhan puts on the top shelf. And luckily, it was not so high.

You went to one of the seats at the library and started reading the book.

 

You were so concentrated and you didn't even notice that someone took a seat right in front of you, staring at you. "Ehem.." He cleared his throat, hoping to gain your attention. Yet you didn't move a muscle. "Ehem.." He cleared his throat even louder. Still, you gave no response.

"Ya! Aishh," He leaned forward and snatched the book away from you, "What are you doing?" You raised an eyebrow when you saw Luhan.

"What makes this book so interesting for you to deny my existence in this place?" He acted way too dramatically.

Tired of this nonsense, you stood up and walked away from the table.

"Ya! Where are you going?" Luhan screamed.

"Sshhh, no screaming in the library!" The librarian scolded him.

"A-Ah," Luhan smiled while rubbing the back of his neck, "I-I'm sorry."

 


 

"Where have you been?" That voice startled you.

You were on your way to your math class when Lay stopped you. "The library, why?"

"I told you to meet me at the cafeteria after class, why won't you pay attention?"

"Ah, sorry... I forgot." You smiled.

 

"Anyway, we're having math, English, biology and history together! How great is that?"

"Ugh," You grumbled.

"Oh? What's with that response?" 

"It's just that I won't be able to concentrate with you around bugging me all the time." You teased as you ran to your class as the bell rang.

"Bugged?" Lay looked dumbfounded, "Ya! The one bugging you is you yourself!" As he ran towards you.

 


 

Math session was done and you were walking side by side with Lay towards English class.

"What are you doing after school?" Lay suddenly asked.

"I don't know, I don't have any part time jobs today."

"That's great." He smiled.

"Why? I'm thinking of studying for today's math lesson since it's very hard." You sighed.

"You think that's hard? Ya, you answered those questions better than I did and you said that it's hard."

"It is, don't deny it." You pouted.

"I didn't deny it, I said that you're even smarter than me so why don't you teach me after school?"

"What?"

"You heard me." Lay grinned.

"I don't want to." You shrugged.

"Ah, wae?" Lay whined.

"You sounded just like a kid." You grinned, "I'm busy, don't you bother me!" You walked even faster, leaving Lay behind again.

 

As you reached the classroom, no one was barely there. It was still empty so you took a seat right in front. You opened your English books as you read them carefully.

You were fully concentrated, that was until a paper plane landed on top of your book. You glanced to the right and saw a hand waving at you from the top window. You sighed as you opened it as it said, 

 

ANNYEONG SEO EUN GI! If you haven't recognized who this paper plane belongs to, wait for me at the school gate please.

 

"What's this? So childish." You crumbled the paper and kept on reading your book.

 

Another paper plane landed on you,

 

Why did you throw my paper plane away?

 

You looked to the top window as you slightly shouted, "Enough with the games and show up!"

 

There was a moment of silence and then you could see a hand throwing yet another paper plane,

 

Don't be grumpy like that, I was just messing around with you. If you throw this again I might have to punish you. And btw, don't forget to meet me at the school gate!

I know you want to punch me so bad, so you better come and do it after school.

See you^^

 

You rolled your eyes as you read it, "You're smart aren't you? Yes I want to kick your so badly." You said to yourself.

Did I just say that? Since when am I being like this? You thought.

 

"Eun Gi?" Lay called you.

You were lost in your thoughts that you didn't see him coming, "Yes?"

"What are you doing here? Mr. Park moved the entire class to the library."

"What?"

"I'm only here to take some papers for him. Didn't So Ra tell you that we're moving?"

"So Ra?"

"Yeah, she's in our English class as well." Lay said as he took a stack of papers from Mr. Park's desk.

"Umm, no.... She didn't." You felt a slight disappointment.

"Well come on then." Lay winked, gesturing you to follow him.

 

You followed him to library and saw Park So Ra leaning on the wall with her hand scribbling on her book. As soon as you came in, she froze in her seat, "Ms. Seo, why are you late? And on your first day? Come on, a transfer student with straight As must know better." The whole class laughed a little as Mr. Park scolds you in English.

"Sorry Mr. Park, I believe one of your student didn't tell me that we've having a class here." You answered in English as well.

"I see that So Ra didn't tell you, I was there when the fight occurred." He smiled, he glanced at the terrified So Ra and then back at you, "I love your French, and your English pronounciation is just magnifique." He winked.

"Merci." You grinned. You could see the whole class exchanging disgusted faces.

 

"Go to your seat now." He smiled.

You sat right next to Lay as he whispered to you, "Mr. Park is the best teacher ever, don't you agree?"

"Mr. Park, jjang." You chuckled.

 

Today's lessons are done, which meant it's time to go home. You went to your locker and tidied your books.

A crumbled note fell from your bag as you picked it up and read it,

 

Don't be grumpy like that, I was just messing around with you. If you throw this again I might have to punish you. And btw, don't forget to meet me at the school gate!

I know you want to punch me so bad, so you better come and do it after school.

See you^^

 

"You're so dead." You crumbled it again as you speed walked through the corridor.

 

Ten minutes had passed as you waited at the school gate, "Where is this so-called lunatic?" You frowned. You squat down as you held your knee. "What the hell am I doing? Waiting like this." You talked to yourself.

"Oh?" You looked up to the dark sky as raindrops fell from the sky. "Ah-ah!" You stood up as suddenly, heavy rain poured from the sky.

 

"Eun Gi ya!" You glanced to the right as when you heard a scream. You saw Luhan, holding a bright pink umbrella, running towards you. "He's the one who threw that paper plane to me? Tch so childish... And what's with the bright pink umbrella?" You mumbled to yourself.

Luhan held the umbrella on top of the both of you, it was a little bit tilted to your side so you wouldn't get wet. "What are you still doing here?" He asked.

"What do you mean? I'm waiting for you!"

"Really? You're waiting for me?" His face brightened up a little.

"Of course! I'm here to kick your you know that?"

"What?" He looked dumbfounded.

"This, this!" You swung the paper left to right in front of his face, "It was you wasn't it?"

"What's this?" He used his free hand to grab it from you.

"Don't act dumb, it must be you."

 

He read the letter for a while as he chuckled, "It's your first day and you already have an admirer? You're really something you know that?" There was a short pause, "Anyway, I'm here to give you this." He grabbed a book from his bag.

You took it and the cover said, Drugs. It was the book you wanted to read at the library before. "O-Oh?"

"I borrowed it for you since you don't have your library card yet. And since you left the library with that hideous face because of me." He grinned as he pointed at you.

"What the hell." You chuckled, "Thanks." You said as you put it inside your bag.

 

"Ah right, if it wasn't you, then who-" You said, but someone cuts you off.

"Eun Gi!" Luhan and you glanced to your right as you saw Nichkhun holding a purple umbrella, jogging towards you.

"Sorry I'm late, I have some matters at the school office." He said, "Oh, Luhan? Do you guys know each other?"

"Yes, we're classmates." Luhan said, but his tone was cold.

 

"I see." Nichkhun said, and then he looked at you, "I see you've gotten your paper plane." He stuck his tongue out.

"So this is you?" You wiggled the paper in front of his face.

"Yes, yes." He grinned.

"Why you!" You hit him on his shoulders.

"Ah!" He whined, "For someone with that looks you're pretty tough, ah that hurts."

Luhan who was watching all the time laughed along with you.

 

Nichkhun cleared his throat, "Anyways, since you hit me already, it means you've forgiven me already and you owe me one."

"Owe you one? How come?"

"You just hit your sunbae! That's against the rules."

"No it's not." Luhan blurted. "My parents were the ones who made the rules and I was there when they made it."

"Your parents?" You asked.

"Yes, my parents are the ones who owned this school."

Ah, that's why no one dared to fight back. You thought.

 

"Eun Gi!" The three of you looked to the left and saw Lay running to you with a yellow umbrella.

"What more?" Luhan whined, "Ya, are you a magnet or something? Why are you always attracting boys?"

Lay caught up to the three of you and said, "Luhan? Nichkhun? Eun Gi? I see you've made new friends. Luhan, why didn't you tell me that you know her?"

"I was going to." Luhan pouted.

"Anyway, I'll walk you to your house, since it's raining, we could share an umbrella together." Lay smiled.

"You know her house address?" Nichkhun asked.

"Yes, why?" 

"No, no, nothing, nothing." He said.

 

"Just come with me, you can ride with me to your house." Luhan smiled.

"It's okay, she can share an umbrella with me. Besides I already know her address." Lay stood up for himself.

"She could come with me though, my ride is just across the street." Nichkhun said.

"Well?" The three of them said together, at  the  same  time.

 

You stood at the middle, looking left and right.

 

Trapped between a senior who loves to joke around and tease you, a classmate who is taller than you and cared enough to lend you a book you wanted to read most, and a best friend who is nice and caring.

 

Pink?

 

Purple?

 

Or yellow?

 

What is your favorite color?