Amusement Date

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Your POV

 

I took a nap and woke up at seven thirty. As Na Young brought me my dinner, she accompanied me as I ate and as I waited for that deer to arrive.

I waited and waited. Yet there was no sign of him.

"Ms. Seo, it's already nine o'clock, you need to rest." Na Young said as she broke the silentness that surrounds this room.

"Nine already?" I sighed and nodded, "Okay then."

 

I don't know why, but I feel a little bit disappointed. He ensured me that he would come but he didn't. So much for getting my hopes up.

Na Young gave me my medicine and tuck me into bed.

 

Hello dream land and good bye reality.

 


 

"Ms. Seo! Ms. Seo!" I heard Na Young's voice as she shook my body, I was still sleepy, my visions were blurry and I groaned, "What is it?"

"I forgot to give you this note, a small child gave it to me but I forgot to give it to you. Oh I hope it's not important." Na Young panicked as she handed me a small piece of paper.

I groaned yet again as I looked at the clock, "Can't this wait till tomorrow? I'm going back to sleep." I pulled my blanket closer to my shoulders, covering my body as I faced the other way.

"I'm afraid it can't. I was supposed to give you this at ten, it looks urgent." Na Young begged for me to take it yet I still refused, "Tomorrow," I grunted, "It's like no one's going to care about me being in the hospital."

 

"You don't understand, the child mentioned the name Luhan." Na Young suppressed the word Luhan.

I jolted awake immediately as I snatched the paper from her, "Thank you, you may go now." I smiled, she left the room and I read the letter as fast as I could.

 

Hi there. It's me Luhan. Sorry, I have something to do at home, my mom was mad that my grades dropped this semester so I was locked up in my room. Luckily, I managed to escape^^

 

"What?" I said in disbelief to myself.

 

I'm at the hospital entrance, I can't have one of my parent's workers to see me. They're all tattletales. So, um, I'll be waiting.

 

Love,

 

The irresistibly cute Luhan >.<

 

"What?" I freaked out. It was midnight, he can't possibly still be waiting right? I thought.

"Luhan you idiot!" I grabbed my jacket as I slowly walked towards the door.

I don't have much energy in me but I must make sure that Luhan's not there. Why? It's midnight! It means he has been waiting for two hours, which means, he'll freeze outside! "Luhan you stupid idiot!" I grunted again.

 

It took me ten minutes to actually get to the entrance. I took a deep breath and saw that no one's there. "Thank goodness," I sighed in relief, "Of course he left. Why the hell would he still be waiting?" I smiled.

I turned around and the image in front of me completely froze me.

 

"Hey." Luhan smiled as he waved his hands.

Without thinking twice, I walked towards him and hit him hard on his chest, "Pabo, pabo, pabo, you stupid stupid idiot!" I cried as I hugged him.

"Eun Gi? What's the matter?" Luhan sounded completely lost.

 

"Why did you still wait? It's already past midnight. Why?" I cried as I hugged him tighter, "I was so scared, you might freeze to death you idiot!"

Even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew that he was smiling, it was written all over him. Luhan chuckled as he hugged me back, tightly, "Aigoo, look at this lost woman." He chuckled again as he continued, "I'm fine, look,"

He lets go as I looked at him, "I'm wearing perfect clothing for this weather."

 

"But still, what should I do if you get sick?" Some tears kept falling from my eye.

Luhan smiled, "I won't get sick." He wiped my tears with his thumb as he hugged me again.

"Ah, it feels warm."

 

I gave him a small chuckle as I smiled. The cold weather struck me immediately, it was freezing, and my body wasn't very healthy. I was cold, but I didn't want Luhan to know.

"Promise me you won't get sick because of this okay? You can't get sick," I warned him.

Luhan laughed as he lets go of me, "I can get sick, it's you who can't." He smiled as he pulls off his jacket as he wrapped it around me, "Don't get sick princess, or this mighty knight would get worried."

 

"Idiot, I'm already sick. If I'm not why would I be in the hospital?" I teased as I continued, "And you said you wanted to be Prince Charming, what happens with that thought? I thought you wanted to get the girl." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Umm I changed my mind. Let Lay be Prince Charming, I want to be the knight in shining armor. I can't protect you if I become Prince Charming, I want to protect you. I need to protect you. I won't be a coward like last time, even though if it means I won't get the girl." Luhan gave a wry smile.

 

Thinking that he was joking, I laughed, "Where did you learn those lines?"

Luhan laughed as well, "Let's just say a little birdie told me?"

 


 

Long after that I went back to my room. I went up my bed as I smiled like an idiot.

 

Flashback

 

We sat on a bench just right outside the hospital, we talked and talked, we laughed and laughed.

"It's getting late, you should go back." I insisted.

"I don't want to." Luhan smiled, "I'm tired." Slowly, he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Ah, what's this? Your head's heavy!" I teased as I poked his head the other way.

 

"Ouch!" Luhan held his hand, "Damn woman, that finger's cursed." He said as I broke into laughter.

"Really, you should go back. You're already on lock-down, you don't want your parents to worry about you right?"

"Nope." He rested his head on my shoulder again, but this time, I didn't refuse.

 

"Just stay like this for a while, then I'll go back." Luhan sighed, "I'm really not in the mood for going back right now."

I giggled, "You're such a baby."

Luhan chuckled, "Ah right, since you poked my head just now, you must repay me!"

"Repay you? With what?"

 

"Hmm, let's see." There was a short pause, "It's a surprise." Luhan smiled, "Anyway, you should be ready at ten tomorrow!"

"Ten? Shouldn't you go to school tomorrow?"

"Nah, I'm having free period from nine to one, my literature teacher went on a honeymoon and didn't leave us any work to do, so I took it as free period."

"Then what kind of free period is that?" I teased, "Be ready? You mean we're going out? I don't think Na Young's going to leave me out of her sight."

"That shouldn't be a problem. My parent's the owner of this hospital. Anything's possible." Luhan smiled proudly.

 

"Anyways, promise me you'll come along okay?" Luhan lifted his head as he reached out his pinkie.

I chuckled, "Promise." I pinkie promised as we parted good bye.

 

End of flashback

 


 

Morning came in a dash, I ate my breakfast as I sneakily waited for Luhan's arrival. As ten o'clock came, Luhan came into my room with his right hand filled with girl clothings and a cute little bag. "Hurry up and pick on of these, I made Na Young move to another room a for awhile, quickly, quickly!" He giggled as he rushed me.

 

The clothes he picked for me seemed expensive, and it was all high fashioned. I picked the simplest from all and put it on, luckily, it fits perfectly without having to squeeze for it. It was a cute sleeveless pink floral dress which flows up to my thighs, it was a little bit short, but it wasn't exactly that short. I used a jean jacket for the outer part and as I looked at my reflection, I took off my glasses, "Just once Eun Gi." I smiled as I put my glasses inside the bag Luhan gave me.

 

I went out from the bathroom as Luhan eyed me, "Pretty." He winked, "But it needs a little something." He went towards me and pulled both my hair bands, leaving my curly hair because-of-the-braids-earlier to flow down freely.

"Ya, what are you doing?" I held my hair as I tried to hide it.

"Don't," Luhan said as he held my hand, "There's nothing wrong with your hair, it's gorgeous." Luhan smiled.

 

He took two steps back as he eyed me, "Perfect."

 

 


 

The ride to Luhan's secret place was quite boring. He insisted that I was blindfolded, I tried to argue but he kept insisting to blindfold me. Damn that boy could be persistent sometimes. "Are we there yet?" I groaned.

I could hear him chuckle, "Almost."

 

About twenty minutes later, the car stopped and Luhan got out of the car. He opened my door as he helped the-blindfolded-me to get out. "Where are we going?" I asked as he led me forwards.

"A place you're mostly familiar off my lady." He teased as he held my back, leading me to the place.

 

"And, we're here." He said as he gently took off my blindfold.

 

One look, and I already knew exactly where I am.

 

One look, and I knew why he wanted to take me here.

 

One look, I knew why he wanted this to be a surprise.

 

It was an amusement park. Not an amusement park, the amusement park. The one I spent with my both my parents before my mother left me. The one I went to before my father changed.

 

The last time I spent with my mom before the car accident.

 

Surprised, I looked at Luhan, "W-Why here?"

Luhan gave a wry smile, "You once said you wanted me to bring you here right? Well, I guess this place is worth enough for a surprise."

I smiled back, "Thank you."

 

I stuck my tongue at him as I said, "Let's have some fun." I laughed as I dared him to ride some thrilling rides.

"Oh you're on." Luhan smirked as I led the way inside.

 

It was probably the best day I had in years. I haven't laughed as happily as I did just now I guess. I'm not in the health to ride roller coasters and stuffs like that, so it was kind off a waste.

But still, this day had been a blast.

 

We rode the bumper cars, pirate ship, the UFO, log fume, and more. There's just too much to remember. I really wanted to ride the hurricane and stuffs like that but Luhan said I couldn't because of my health.

I know he's being nice but still, I hate him for that. I grinned in my heart.

 

We rode the carrousel and it really reminds me of my past with my dad. I really wished that he could change and be his normal self again. I often wonder, life has its ups and downs. When will my life has its ups?

 

Finally, we rode the big Ferris Wheel. It was already dark and the moon was showing up.

"Ahhh," I sighed in relief, "Today was fun." I said as we sat side by side, watching the pretty amusement park lights and the lights of Seoul.

"I know." Luhan grinned.

 

"Ah, here." Luhan handed you a small plastic bag.

"What's inside?" I asked as I reached out to take it.

I looked inside and saw a cute mini pink carousel. "It reminds you of your happy moments right? I don't want you to be sad, so look at it and be happy." Luhan winked.

"Aww, thanks." I smiled as I hugged it tight, "I'll treasure this forever."

 

 

And night passed just like that.