Hospitalized

Beauty and the Geek

 

Luhan's POV

 

I was following her sneakily to her home when she found out that I was following her. I tried lying, but it no use. It seemed like she wouldn't let me come into her house for any reasons.

Finally, I gave up and walked away. But I accidentally stepped on a paper, as I reached out to grab it, I saw that it was our English paper for our writing assignment. 

"And she says she'll do it tonight," I smirked, "I should give this back to her."

 

As I reached her home, I heard a loud screaming coming out from it. I peeked from the front gate as I saw Eun Gi, painfully standing up as she screamed, "I REGRET HAVING YOU AS A FATHER!"

"What? What is going on?" I wondered myself. Then in a second, a man yelled back at her as he threw his liquor bottle to her. I gasped, as much as I wanted to barge in there and kick that man's , I simply can't move.

My heart and mind was screaming for me to jump inside and help Eun Gi, but my feet had a thought of it's own. 

 

And then she fell to the floor, she looked at me and I froze there.

"Go!" She mouthed.

But I can't move, I was trembling in fear and my mind started racing.

"Go Luhan! Get away from here!" She said, but her voice was so weak it was rough and harsh.

 

I began to move backwards. And in a split second, I sprinted towards the end of the road. I ran to my car as my driver greeted me with a concerned look on his face, "Sir, are you alright?"

I was sweating and I didn't know what to do, "J-Just d-d-rive. Take me home." I said.

 


 

That night, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about her face, her scared look, how painful and how pale her face looked that time. She was already in so much pain, yet she endured it and fight back. 

"I was a coward." I said it out loud as I laid on my bed. I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have ran away. I should've stayed and helped her. She was right when she said that she was already wearing a shining armor. I thought that it was all a joke. As my thoughts wander off, the door opened, "Luhan?"

It was my nanny, Nana. She was around forty or something but she's still the closest person to me in this house.

 

"Luhan, why aren't you eating your dinner? Are you sick or something?" Nana went towards me as she held my forehead, "You're not sick." She sighed, "Is anything wrong?"

I stood there, looking at her. I didn't say a word until she sighed again, "It's okay if you don't want to tell me, but please eat your dinner. You'll get sick."

 

"Nana ssi, What should I do?" I looked pale and my voice was weak.

"What is it? What happened?" She asked.

Then I began to tell her everything. About Eun Gi as a transfer student, about Lay and about her family. But I was too scared to tell her about what just happened.

Nana nodded and looked at me in the eyes, "From what you told me, I think you guys met for a reason. It's such a coincidence that Lay and Nichkhun are gone at the same time. She has no one by her side right now, I suggest you go to her and comfort her. Be the only one she wants to be with, be someone she wants to spent time with and be someone she trust to tell you how she feels."

 

I frowned, "But isn't that something her boyfriend should do?"

Nana chuckled, "No, I don't think Lay and Eun Gi are in that stage now. Two months is a really long time, I suggest you better act fast."

I raised an eyebrow, "Act fast? What do you mean?"

"Aigoo, my naive little Luhan, you like her don't you?"

I stopped whatever I was doing and thought about that deeply. I'm just her friend right? I like her, but as a friend. 

 

I don't like her right?

 

Nana giggled, "I don't want to hear it, just eat your dinner. The soup I made is going to get spoilt by now."

I sighed and followed her to the kitchen.

 


 

I woke up early today and decided to walk Eun Gi to school. I didn't want to take the car with me or my chauffeur would interrogate us. "She has to come to school today. She won't skip school won't she?" I said to myself as I looked in the mirror. I put on my uniform and grabbed by backpack.

"I hope she's alright." I sighed and ran outside.

 

I waited.

I waited and waited.

But there was no sign of her.

I looked at my watch and there was still thirty minutes before school starts.

 

Then I heard a small creak sound from the front gate. I straighten up and saw her coming out from her house.

 

She....

 

She looked pale. Her lips were as white as snow and the corner of her lips were bleeding. She walked as she was in pain, technically she was limping. Her dark brown eyes seemed tired and she looked like she was going to faint.

"Whoa!" I said as her small fragile body started to fall. Thankfully I was quick enough to grab her, she fell towards me and I hugged her. We weren't that close, yet I could sense fear in her soul and smell blood all over her.

 

"Luhan..." She whispered, she sounded in a lot of pain, her voice was rough and quiet. "Ya you idiot," I could hear her chuckle between her lines, "I finished our poetry."

And suddenly her body fell as I reached out to hold on to her, "Ya! Eun Gi ya!" I shook her body, but it was no use.

 

Her eyes were tightly shut. 

 

She fainted.

 


 

Your POV

 

I opened my eyes slowly. My head was spinning and my visions were blurry. I could see that the ceiling was white, the room was cold and it has that infirmary smell on it.

I remembered what happened and jolted awake. I looked around and no one was here. Then I realized.

 

I was in the hospital.

 

My head was heavy and I felt pain all over my body.

"Ah, good morning Ms. Seo. I see that you're finally awake." A nurse greeted me. If I'm not mistaken, her name is Na Young.

"Where am I?" I asked, my head was still spinning around I had to hold it with my hand.

"Why you're at Grey Hospital! The most wonderful hospital you could ever come to." Na Young smiled brightly.

"But why am I here?" I looked around and looked at her, "I was on my way to school, how did I come here? Why am I here?" I repeated my question.

"Oh, you fainted and your friend helped you here. It was so nice of him, he skipped school just to take care of you, he even spent the night here to company you."

 

Don't tell me.... Lay? I thought.

 

"Excuse me, that friend of mine, is he tall?"

"Yes he is."

"Dark hair, black eyes and deep dimples?" My hopes were growing.

"Yes, yes, but no." Na Young said.

 

My heart sank. And that's when I remembered, Lay's in China. He couldn't possibly be here.

 

"Why, he's the son of Grey Company. You're so lucky to have a friend like him."

My eyes widened, "Who?"

"Luhan, silly!" Na Young laughed.

 

"Luhan? How did he-" I spoke to myself. And that was when it hit me. He was there, he was there the whole time. Last night, he saw me and today, he was with me.

"Okay, so you're going to be fine in a couple of days. You need some rest and everything will be okay. No major injuries, but your rib is slightly-" Na Young chose her words carefully, "Your rib is in need of recovery." She sighed.

"Why? What happened to it?"

"Nah, you don't need to worry about it. Just some minor injuries. But you can't walk around yet. You must lay in bed for two straight days or you might faint again. Your body is weak right now and you should take care." Na Young went towards you and adjusted the pillows underneath your head.

 

"Ah right, when you said Luhan spent the night here, what do you mean by that?"

"He spent the night here looking out for you, why?"

"No, no. I mean, what do you mean by him spending a night here? I mean I'm just out for hours."

Na Young's expressions softened, "Oh my dear," She sighed, "You're out for three straight days."

 

My eyes widened, "What? No no no! Dad!" I threw the blanket covering me and jumped out of bed.

"Wait Ms. Seo! Where are you going? You need to rest!" Na Young tried stopping me but it didn't work.

 

I grabbed the handle of the door but as I opened it, Luhan was in my sight.

I just froze there as Na Young tried getting me into bed.

"It's okay Na Young, I'll take good care of her from now." Luhan smiled. Na Young nodded and left the room, closing the door shut and leaving the two of us alone.

 

In a flash, a body crashed into mine, hugging me tightly until the air inside me seemed to fly away. "I'm so glad you're okay." Luhan whispered as he caressed my hair. 

"L-Luhan," I tried to say but he cuts me off, "No, don't." He said firmly.

 

"Just stay like this for awhile." He sounded desperate and tired, "Just for a little longer."

Hearing his voice, I just couldn't do anything. I wrapped my arms around his waist as I gave a wry smile, "Hello Luhan."

 

I spent the entire day talking to Luhan. I shared everything about myself to him since it was no use for hiding it anymore since he already knows like everything. He would crack a joke every time the topic gets intense. It was fun you know?

I finally could share this whole burden to someone. It hurts to keep it to myself.

 

"So, what are you going to do after you're discharged?" Luhan asked. We were sitting side by side on the hospital bed as we watched TV.

I shrugged, "I don't know. But I must take care of him, he's my one and only dad. I couldn't risk seeing another of my parents gone."

"But-" Luhan was cut off by Na Young.

 

"It's nap time!" She cheered as she came into my room, "Uninvited nap guests, please exit this room immediately." She sang.

"I'll see you at eight?" Luhan asked as he jumped out of bed.

I smiled, "I'd like that."

 

Luhan walked away as I laid on my bed with Na Young adjusting my blanket. "And Eun Gi?" I heard Luhan's voice.

I tried to look at him but my view was blocked by Na Young. After she finished, she left for my medicine and I saw Luhan walking towards me, "Yes?"

He approached me and

 

kissed

 

my

 

forehead.

 

That prince freakingly kissed my forehead!

"Have a good long rest Eun Gi, stay healthy." Luhan winked as he left the room.

 

From the corner of my eye, I could see myself smiling.