Shocking News

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

I was so so happy. Like really happy. But I don't want to admit it out loud.

I was really curious why Eun Gi was called to the principal's office, or should I say, she was called by my mom. So I sneaked out from class, pretending to get sick and throw up. I was supposed to go to the nurse's office, but I gave a shrug and peeked into my mom's office.

I eavesdropped them carefully, scared of getting caught. And gosh the conversation was bang bang bang crazy good! My heart stopped for a while when my mother asked her to live in my house as a live-in tutor. I wanted to burst the door open that instant to approve of her idea when that thought struck me again.

 

I am So Ra's boyfriend. A fake boyfriend actually, but still, I need to pretend like I was her boyfriend to the media and everyone else outside of my house. But that means I don't have to keep it a secret from her anymore should I?

I mean, I promised dad that I would only have to keep that secret to the people outside of our house walls. The people inside our walls? They're great secret keepers so almost all of them have known that me, dating So Ra, is a definite no no.

 

So.... I'll get to tell her my secret after all....

 

I was super happy about that thought, but it was ruined when I heard Eun Gi faking a laugh, "Ahahaha. I guess you should ask Luhan about that. It could make him uncomfortable if I have to live in with-" And that was the strike, I opened the door and yelled, "It's okay!"

And ladies and gentleman, everything is okay. She's going to stay with me today and I'll get to expose the truth to her. Okay, okay. keep calm. Everything would be alright.

 


 

Night came in a dash. I waited and waited for her arrival. Yes, I was exited. Seven o'clock came and I heard the doorbell. Nana came to open the door and I sneaked up beside the stairs to peek on her.

And I saw Eun Gi walking inside, wearing a simple and very casual outfit, with a medium sized suitcase behind her. I was like, yes! She and I are going to live under the same roof!

But the look on her face didn't look so good. Her face was pale and her eyes were swollen. What? Another fight with her maniac father? Could be. Gaaahhh! Why was her face like that? I was worried. I don't want her to be sick.

I better figure this puzzle out without her knowing. 

 

So, let's bring out the amazing Luhan Cruise again! But this time, let's keep it simple.

I watched her going into the kitchen as she sat on the dining room, across Nana. I was being a spy, so it's okay to eavesdrop. I hid behind one of the kitchen doors to hear what they were talking about.

"So, Seo Eun Gi, we meet again." Nana chuckled.

"Yes, nice to meet you again ahjumma." She replied.

"Well, Mrs. Lu isn't here right now, and I'm in charge. Did you read your form and filled in the list?"

"Yes, I have." She handed her a stack of papers.

"Great." Nana said.

 

"I'll show you to your room." Nana stood up and turned around, facing my way. Afraid of being caught, I jumped under the kitchen counter until they left the room.

Then, I stood up carefully to trail on them. Whoa, I just realized that my house was so big I didn't even now I have this kind of place. Nana took Eun Gi to the basement, and I quite doubt that this really is a basement since it's kinda huge. There were several rooms and they stopped at the end of the basement. 

Ah, so this is were the maids stay at. I always wonder were all the staffs went to after they finished their work. And now I'm starting to think that I wasn't supposed to be in here. But Eun Gi's worth to break the rules for.

 

And that was when I got the idea. Since I wasn't allowed to come down here, let me just use the CCTVs. There are lots and los of them here, but they're hidden. I figured that dad did this so he could literally know everything I was doing. And that means he must've known about me going down here. Ha, screw him.

I knocked into one of the maid's room and opened it. "Excuse me, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, Mr. Lu. Anything." The maid said in delight. I think she's my age since she looked so young and energetic.

"I need you to-" I said, but I leaned in to whisper in her ear. What can I say? CCTVs are around so I better take better precaution.

 


 

Your POV

 

I hurried to my home and I opened the front. It was unlocked. I barged inside and saw that no one was there. I was worried for the past few days. My father wasn't really going home that much and I was worried that something bad might happen to him. Who knows what he could do?

He's drunk at night and sober when sun shines. And then he goes back to the clubs and get drunk again. My father has many debts to pay and I was a little bit afraid of those debt dealers. They're rough and I hate them.

I went inside and searched for him, he was not in his room, nor was he in my room. Then I found a small note on the floor and an envelope on the right side. I read it carefully and my thoughts began to wander off.

 

I was scared that this might happen someday. I closed my eyes shut and I trembled in fear.

 

My father left me alone.

 

That was what he wrote.

 

Dear, Seo Eun Gi.

          My sweet child, I'm sorry for all the troubles I caused right after your mom's death. I was wrong. I realized that when your friend came here. I beat you up without myself knowing. I don't know who I really was back then and I was scared of myself.

            I was busy for the past week since I was looking for a new job. Yes, you might think I'm weird but I did found a job. But it's at China. It has low pay, but it's enough for me to repay for what I've done. I'm going to China forever. My dear Eun Gi, I don't think I'll receive forgiveness from you after what I've done in the past, and I couldn't bear to look at the innocent and sweet child I ruined into a painful teenager who has shed many tears because of me.

          You've worked so hard for the both of us. I remembered you working at the café​ and stuffs like that. You worked many part time jobs and studied very hard while I recklessly spent the money you earned on something important. Forgive me Eun Gi. From this day on, I'm going to start a new life in China. I've repent on my sins. And don't worry about money, cause I'll send you every bit of money I earned to you, and I'll try for the rest of my life that I'll repay the tears of pain you shed because of me and turn them into tears of joy. I don't know if you'd shed them because of me or not, but I'm happy that you could shed some tears of joy.

        Study hard for the exams Eun Gi. And don't give up like I did. You're a great and wonderful daughter. Perhaps the best daughter anyone could ever want. So, I just wanted to say good bye. I'm proud of you. And I love you so much my dear.

 

Best regards,

Seo Kwon Jo

 

No no no no no! He can't just leave me like that! Dad! Don't go! I cried and cried as I fell to the ground. That was why the house feels empty from the past week. My father was preparing to leave without me knowing. Please no, please tell me this is not true. I don't want him to go.

 

I forgive him. And I love him.

 

"Dad!" I screamed as I ran outside. I took a cab to the airport and looked for the departure list.

The flight to China is in twenty minutes. I have to say good bye to him before he goes! I ran and ran but the security guard stopped me, "Wait, wait! I need to see my dad. Please officer! He's the only one I have, my mom's gone and I can't afford to lose my only dad, please!" I cried.

"I'm sorry miss but you can't trespass here." She said sternly.

"But, but-"

"No buts young lady or I'll report you to the police!" Then she let go of me as I ran around the airport, like a maniac.

 

"Dad!" I screamed the moment I saw a dark haired man with a blue suitcase, sitting on an empty seat.

He looked up at me, surprised as he stood up. I ran towards him and gave him a hug like no other as I cried, "I forgive you dad. I've never ever doubted that the old you wouldn't come back. I love you. Please, don't leave me alone like mom did!"

He hugged me tight and I haven't felt protected like this ever since I mom died. Then he caressed my hair as he said, "Thank you so much Eun Gi. I love you too."

He sighed as he continued, "But I'm sorry I can't stay. I'll repay everything, your tears and your happiness. But in order to do that, I need this job. I'm sorry Eun Gi." He broke our hug. His words were true and I was too busy with school to work. Then I really have no choice left. Besides, I'll have to stay at another house for a while.

"I know dad. And as much as it hurts for me to say this, you should go now or you'll miss the flight." I chuckled slightly as he smiled. "I'll miss you." I said and hugged him again.

He hugged me tight and whispered in my ear, "I'll miss you most. I love you."

"Have a great long trip." I smiled and he parted from me.

 


 

I went home and packed my small suitcase. I tidied the house and took a glimpse at it before leaving this place. I sighed, "Well, here goes nothing."

It took me thirty minutes from my house to the Lu residence by taxi. I wonder how much time it would kill for me to walk on foot to the Lu residence? I stood in front of the gate and my mouth fell open. I know I've ever been here once, but I didn't have the chance to look at this the good way.

It was super huge compared to my house. I should agree to people who said that this is a mansion.

 

 

It has that modern type of feel into it and it feels really comfortable to live in. But seriously, it's like glass, glass and glass everywhere. There's also a pool here. Great, now my phobia of water could finally reappear.

 

Anyway, I opened the door and saw Luhan. I rolled my eyes since I was really in a bad mood. But the way he acted childishly by hiding under the stairs were kinda cute. I handed the forms and lists Principal Lu gave me earlier to Nana and then she showed me my room.

I quickly unpacked my stuffs. I looked around, adjusting the spots to put my belongings.

 

 

"This room is way way way more smaller than that deer's room but," I raised both my shoulders. "At least it is comfortable and it has a bed."

After minutes of unpacking, one of the maids came in and said, "Excuse me Ms. Seo, but Nana ordered me to replace that lamp with this one right here. May I?" She held a small white circular lamp with a tiny red dot in the middle.

 

 

I smiled, "Sure. But why the sudden changing?"

"Oh, she said it's better for reading. That old lamp is broken so it's not shining as bright." She said as he replaced the lamp beside my bed with the new one she brought.

But I don't think what she said was the truth. It's written all over her face. She's not a good liar.

 

After she left, I finished unpacking. I put my suitcase inside the wardrobe and a small piece of letter fell from the suitcase. I picked it up and I was shocked. I was completely paralyzed.

A tear fell from my cheek and I fell on the ground. My eyes were watery and my mind was spinning. That stopped for awhile when I got a new text message.

 

Annoying Deer Luhan [07.42pm]

Why are you crying?

 

Sent [07.43pm]

No I'm not.

 

Annoying Deer Luhan [07.43pm]

Yes you are. And now you're collapsing on the floor. You look pale and you look tired.

Tell me, what happened?

 

Sent [07.45pm]

How did you?

No I'm not crying okay?! Stop acting like you care about me and just go away!

 

I literally threw my phone on the bed and cried. I was hurt and deceived. Mostly, I was hurt by the two people I loved. One was Luhan and the other one was the person who was in that letter.

Moments later, Luhan stormed into my room and glared at me. "Don't you ever say that I was acting the whole time about caring for you."

"Why? The truth is, you were acting all along. Weren't you?!" I slightly screamed, tears kept flowing down my eyes as I stood up to give him a death glare.

"No I wasn't and why are you crying? Is it because of me?"

"No I'm not crying, now get out before I hit you with a pillow again." I warned him for good.

"You are crying and this is my house. My house, my rules." Luhan said firmly.

 

His gaze softened a bit after seeing me like this. He added, "All of that wasn't acting. They were real, and I'm going to tell you something after this. And then you'll understand why I said I wasn't acting. But you have to tell me why you're crying in the first place."

I gave up seeing that sincere look on his face. I sighed as another tear fell down, "H-He, s-s-she lied." I stuttered.

"This is supposed to be a secret Luhan. I can't tell you." I said.

"Well, that's good then cause we're going to exchange some important secrets today. Now spill." He was being stubborn as hell.

 

"You first." I challenged him.

"Fine. This was supposed to be a secret Eun Gi. I love you." Luhan said as he hugged me tightly.

Oh. My. God. Tell me my ears were malfunctioning and up was down and left was right. Cause I thought I heard Luhan said he loved me. Even with So Ra as his girlfriend.

"Now you." He said, without breaking our hug.

 

But I thought about it for a second. This wasn't a secret. My father knew about it yet he kept in for himself. And since he told me this, this is no longer a secret. But a mystery puzzle to solve.

"S-She..." I cried as I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, "My m-mom.... S-She's alive."