Lay's Return

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

I walked into the classroom along with Kris, Chen, Tao and Xiumin and I literally saw Lay and Eun Gi hugging.

Like hugging, hugging!

My head was like burning and my heart was racing. I didn't know why but it just did.

I made a ball with my fists, and they felt like punching Lay to break them up.

Damn, since when did I get this cruel?

 

"Whoaa Laayyy! You're baacckk!" Tao chimed as he ran towards him, pulling him close for a hug.

"Yo, wassup Lay, got anything for me?" Kris followed.

"Nope, I was so busy I didn't get the chance to buy anything." Lay chuckled as he hugged both of them.

 

Me, Chen and Xiumin walked towards them. Both Chen and Xiumin had a big smile plastered on their face but I just can't manage to crack one. I crossed my arms and gave death glares to Eun Gi and Lay as he was greeted by my friends.

Eun Gi finally noticed me, well, after like ten years, and she mouthed me a hello, followed by her smile.

I nodded grumpily as I turned to look at Lay, "Hi Lay! Welcome back." I faked a smile and a big warm hug.

 

"So how was China? When do you think you'll have another business trip there?" I asked sarcastically with a big smile.

"Another business trip? Luhan, do you really want me gone that bad?" Lay laughed as he let go from our hug.

"Nah, I was just asking," I faked yet another laugh, "I've missed you so bad I don't want you to go."

 

"And who's this young lady?" Chen asked flirtily as he walked towards Eun Gi.

"She's the transfer student." Xiumin smiled as he turned to look at her, "Hi Eun Gi, I'm Xiumin."

"Ooohh, the legendary French transfer," Chen joked, "Hello there, I'm Chen."

"I'm Tao!" Tao winked at her.

 

Gaaaahhh, why can't I wink like that? I mean, seriously, he has a nice wink. 

"Kris." Kris said, coolly.

"Hi there, it's nice to meet all of you." Eun Gi smiled.

 

"But guys, what are you doing here?"

"We transferred to this class, our previous class was sssoooo boring I snored." Chen said.

"But I guess this class won't be." Tao chimed as he winked yet again at Eun Gi.

I glared at her since she smiled and looked down shyly.

 

"Alright class, settle down and go back to your seats."

And there I was, sitting at the back of the class while Mr. Prince Charming gets to sit right next to Eun Gi.

And the sad thing was, Tao, Chen, Xiumin and Kris got a seat like super close to her.

Damn Mr. Park and his seating arrangements. I grumbled.

 


 

Author's POV

 

The school bell rang just five minutes ago and you were packing your books into your bag when someone stopped you.

"Do you really consider bringing all of those things home?" Lay asked as he pointed at the books you were carrying.

"Yup," You said as you tidied them, "I really need to study for the upcoming try outs."

"Girl you're too diligent. Try out scores aren't scored you know?"

"Yeah, but still, I really need to focus." You smiled, "I'll be going now, bye." You turned and walked away.

 

But Lay walked faster and grabbed your bag as he kept running forwards.

"Ya! Where are you going?" You screamed as you followed him.

"We?" Lay stopped his steps for a while to tease you, "Punishment."

 

"Punishment?" You asked the moment you caught up with him, "What punishment? For what?"

"Punishment for not getting rid of those ugly pigtails and your huge glasses." Lay laughed.

You looked at your messy pigtails, "There's nothing wrong with messy hair!" You pouted.

"Of course there's something wrong!" Lay said dramatically, "It's a crime! So you're going to accompany me to the cinema." Lay smiled as his dimples showed up, "And I'm not taking a no for an answer." Lay winked and walked away with your bag in his arms.

"Ya! Wait up!" You ran towards him.

 


 

Luhan's POV

 

"The cinema huh?" I repeated to myself as I sneaked up to see what Lay and Eun Gi were doing.

"Ya, what are you doing? Not going home? Kris and Tao went gucci shopping and Xiumin went to the steamed bun store. I can't see Lay around so it leaves up to you and me." Chen laughed, "So what do you want to do? I prefer action and not boring ones since I'm super bored." Chen added.

 

"Action and not boring stuffs aye?" I smirked as an evil thought came up, "You better not regret this."

 

Half an hour later.

 

"I am so regretting this!" Chen cried.

Chen and I met at the front of the cinema as we starred at each other for like hours.

I made Chen play dress up as a girl to pretend that she was my date to the movies. Frankly, she was pretty.

"What? You look good!" I tried to cheer him up, but inside I was dying because I can't hold my laugh anymore.

"You'd better keep that promise-to-pay-me for this!" Chen grumbled as he fixed his fake hair.

 

"But this is kinda fun to spy other people's personal life. So I'll let it slide this once." Chen said as he pitched his voice like a girl, "Besides, when will I have the chance to play dress up other than today?" He cleared his throat, "My dear sweat boyfriend Luhan, take me away right now." He said dramatically.

I rolled my eyes as I laughed, "I'm so going to brainwash myself after this."

I took Chen's hand and walked inside the cinema.

 

"Oh! It's them." I said to Chen as I spotted Lay and Eun Gi right in front our seats.

I wore an all black outfit with sunglasses and a yellow hat to hide myself.

"But seriously hyung, do you like her that much?" Chen teased.

"Like? What do you mean?" I asked as I continued to spy on them.

"You're so obvious hyung." Chen laughed but I gave a shrug.

 

The movie started.

Chen focused on watching the movie but my gaze was stuck at the both of them. I just can't seem to gaze away.

 

And there was time where he would ruffle her hair and whisper something to her. I would kick her chair with my leg sometimes but she didn't seem to mind. Or was she too focused to hang out with Lay to not notice that kick?

"YOU BASTA--QOENAONZCSKAJN!" I tried to scream but Chen covered my mouth with his hand and tried to calm me down.

"Hyung? What is it?" Chen asked.

"That Lay just ignored Eun Gi when she whispered something to him!" I said, but I kept my voice low.

 

"Hyung! Seriously? You've got to relax and enjoy the movie." Chen said as he continued to watch the movie.

"I don't think I can anymore. Congratulations, they've just completely destroyed my mood." I grumbled to myself.

 


 

The movie ended and Chen suddenly said that he has some things to do at home, so he left me alone to do this spy thing.

Well okay then! No Problem!

 

Background Music

 

I positioned myself like the action movie actor Tom Cruise.

 

I spied like the a professional as I used my phone as a gun.

I adjusted my sunglasses and my yellow hat.

I walked in a hurry, I followed Eun Gi and Lay from behind as I crept on between the walls.

"Target locked, mission's halfway there." I said to myself.

 

And now ladies and gentleman, you may call me

 

The

 

Amazing

 

Luhan Cruise!

 

 

"Warning warning! The target made contact with the enemy! I repeat, the target made contact with the enemy and is now laughing!" I said through my phone, acting like it was a communication device that connects me to my fellow spy partners.

I crept on behind them carefully to not be noticed and I hid behind some poles.

 

Then, when they're gone, but not too far, I pretended to shoot with my white gun at random people there.

They looked at me like I was a crazy lunatic but I don't care.

 

And last but not least, I did an amazing back flip!

To bad Eun Gi didn't see it though.

 

As night came, Luhan Cruise had to end since Lay and Eun Gi was leaving for a Chinese restaurant near this mall. And I knew exactly where it was.

 


 

Author's POV

 

You followed Lay to your seat as he took you to dinner at a fancy Chinese restaurant.

You've never tried Chinese before since you rarely eat outside but it's worth to try.

You spent the entire day with Lay, you watched a movie, you ate ice cream, you went to the arcade and you went shopping.

 

But you weren't entirely having fun aren't you?

No, something in you was just missing.

You can't laugh and have fun the way you did with that cute deer.

 

Where is he anyway?

 

Something in you.... Missed him.

 

"So what do you want?" Lay asked as the waiter gave you the menu.

"Any recommendations?" You asked back.

"How about a beef chow mein?" Lay smiled.

"I don't know what that is but it sounds good to me." You laughed as you handed the menu back to the waitress.

 

 

Lay spoke something in Chinese and handed his menu back as well.

You've studied Chinese and you knew he ordered two beef chow meins and two Chinese teas.

"So, what do you think-" Lay tried to built a conversation but his phone interrupted him, "Excuse me." He smiled and left you alone on your table.

 

It was until you got a text message,

 

Annoying Deer Lulu [07.46pm]

What table are you sitting on right now?

Are you still having fun with Lay?

 

Sent [07.47pm]

Table? How did you know I was eating dinner with Lay?

 

Annoying Deer Lulu [07.47pm]

Duh, it's seven o'clock and it's the average time for people to eat their dinner.

Now answer me, you still having fun?

 

Sent [07.49pm]

Got a point there.

 

Hmm, were you really having fun?

 

No.

 

But do you want Luhan to know that?

 

No.

 

Do you want to make Luhan jealous?

 

Yes.

 

Of course! We're having so much fun I can't think of anything better!

 

You lied as you sent that text.

 

Annoying Deer Lulu [07.50pm]

Lies lies lies lies.

If you were really having so much fun, you wouldn't have the chance to reply my texts. Neither would you check your phone.

 

Damn it. That Luhan could be a smart sometimes. You thought.

 

And damn it, you missed him so bad.