Cheer Up

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

We sat side by side on the swing set as no one spoke. I was looking at the sand as I kicked it with my feet, on the corner of my eye, I saw Eun Gi shedding yet another tear.

Frankly, I haven't been mad like this since that incident before. I tried controlling my anger, because to myself, I'm scared.

Yes, I'm scared to see that side of me, and I don't want anyone to get hurt when I'm mad.

Cause I lose control when I'm mad, it just drives me crazy to make Eun Gi see that.

 

I just don't want her to get hurt.

 

"W-Why did you do that?" I heard Eun Gi's hoarse voice.

I looked at her and sighed, "I'm sorry you have to see that. That wasn't me, something in me just clicked seeing you like that. And it drives me insane if I just stood there and do nothing."

 

She sniffed as she continued, "But why? Why did you come back? How did you know that I was in trouble?"

I chuckled to brighten up the mood, "I came back to return this to you." I searched my sling bag and took out the pink carrousel I bought for her last time.

I swung it back and forth in front of her face as I pouted, "Ya, how could you lose something like this and not realize it? It was under your car seat. You should guard something like this with your life you know?" I said dramatically.

 

She laughed a bit as she took her carrousel with her small hand as our fingers brushed, "Sorry, maybe I was just too busy with the situation back home."

I leaned forward to her, "And you." I eyed her carefully as we locked eyes, "I told you to call me if you have any troubles. I'm your knight in shining armor why don't you trust him to slay the dragon for you? The princess is too weak to slay it on her own you dimwit." I knocked her forehead gently as she grinned.

 

"Well from what I remember, my knight in shining armor is at China, and you're just Prince Charming." She stuck her tongue at me.

Damn that woman is just too cute.

"And from what I remember, I told you I want to switch positions, I don't want to be the vulnerable and can't-do-anything-on-his-own Prince Charming. I want to be the dashing, cool and amazing knight in shining armor who guards the princess. Even if he doesn't get her." I smirked seeing Eun Gi blushing.

"I-I have the rights to write my own story." She looked down, avoiding my gaze, "I don't want you to be Prince Charming nor my knight in shining armor." Then she looked back at me as she smirked.

 

"I want you to be my slave." She burst out laughing.

"How about me being your love slave?" I smirked.

 

She blushed like mad as she stood up, pointing at me as she said, "ert! Get away from me!" She turned to walk away but my hands stop her as I turned her around.

"I'm just kidding." I grinned, "I'm not a ert, I'm the good guy here."

 

There was a moment of silence as I continued, "But why didn't you call me? I really want to have your phone number."

She grinned, "You haven't figured it out yet?"

"What? You're waiting for me to ask you myself aren't you?"

"No you naive and stupid deer." She laughed and sighed, "I don't have a phone."

 

"That's absurd, you're lying because you want to see me beg don't you?" I stood up, pointing at her.

"No, you can go and check yourself that I really don't have a phone." She smiled a wry smile, "I don't mind having your number if I do."

 

"Really?" I made a straight face but inside I was cheering like mad hearing that, "A girl living alone with that beast without a phone? My my, we really need to go shopping right oh maybe now?"

"He's not a beast. He's my father and he's just hurt seeing my mother gone like that." She sighed, "I know there's good in him beneath all those cruelty you saw."

 

"I know he does." I rested my hand on her shoulder to comfort her, "And I know that you really need a new phone and a way out from that horrid and small house of yours, so let's go!" I smiled, tangling my fingers with hers to drag her inside my car.

"Where are we going?" She asked on the way there. She was resting comfortably on her seat as I drove as gently as I could and slowly since I really want to spend some alone time with her.

 

But don't tell her or she'll go nuts and hate me if you do.

 

"We're going to the mall to celebrate you since you just got out from that hospital." I smiled.

She shrugged and closed her eyes as she slept.

I guess she was tired from all of those things bothering her, debts, school work and her father. For a reason, I'm glad I have a chance to protect someone important to me. I don't want to lose anyone important again.

So I better protect her with all my might, or this time...

 

I could die.

 


 

"Why are we even here?" She grumbled as I laughed.

We were at the cellular shop, I wanted to buy a phone for her but I wanted to give it to her later, as a surprise.

"You could start looking for one, maybe you could have enough money to buy that. For now, just look around. I want to buy a new one too since my old one is jammed." I explained as I started to walk around, pretending to look for a good and eye-catching phone.

 

She just followed along. She made it hard for me since she gave no expressions at all. How could someone hide their feelings and expressions like that? Seriously, I'm getting irritated for not knowing a good one for her.

Then, she suddenly widened her eyes as she stopped to see a white phone.

I smirked as I saw her taste. It is just the same as mine, now we could have the couple phones.

 

"Are you done?" I approached her as she slightly nodded.

"I think I have to go to the washroom, I'll just meet you back here." She smiled as she left.

"Okay, go ahead." I said.

Great! Now I can buy a phone for her without her knowing.

 

I waited and waited for her outside the girl's washroom as I held a small package.

She walked out and saw me, "Are you done?"

"Yes, can't you see it for yourself?" I said, wiggling the small package in front of her face.

 

She rolled her eyes as she continued, "Where are we going next?"

"Ah, still wanting to spend some more time with me aye?" I teased.

She blushed, "N-No..."

"Aye, you're such a bad liar, come on, we're going to get some ice creams." I held her hand as I tagged her along the way.

 

I sat across of her as I ate my ice cream. Now I know that her favorite ice cream is vanilla, typical her. I was just lost in my thoughts and unconsciously, I was starring at her. She looked at me as she continued to eat her ice cream.

"I got something for you." I said as I broke the awkwardness.

I handed her the package I was holding earlier.

 

"What is it?" She opened it and her eyes widened.

"It's your phone. I decided to buy it for you." I grinned.

"Really? No, no. It's too expensive, really, I don't want it." She gave it back to me.

"Just think of it as a getting-better present." I rejected.

"But-" She protested but I stopped her, "No, it's yours and it's your choice. Use it or throw it away."

 

"Luhan, I..." She looked like she was a lost puppy, "I really can't thank you enough. I'll definitely repay this someday. I promise."

"I'm looking forward for that." I smirked, "You're not going to check on it?"

"I'll do it later." She smiled a brightly as ever.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, I'd definitely check that now." I smirked, "I need to go to the washroom, you stay." I pointed and left.

 

Your POV

 

Luhan left to go to the washroom and he told me to check on my phone. Why? I don't know.

But the moment I turned it on, his selca showed up.

I cursed under my breath as I checked my phone thoroughly.

 

My photo gallery has all his photos inside.

"Damn he's way too narcissistic​." I laughed a bit seeing Luhan's cute and adorable yet annoying selcas.

 

And I realized that I only have one contact, which is obviously him.

I scrolled down and read a note he left for me,

 

Hi Eun Gi^^

​I noticed that you might have seen my overly cute and adorable selcas.

 

I rolled my eyes as I grinned.

 

I hope you won't be mad at me for doing that. And please don't delete them since it took some time for me to send them to you.

And that way, you won't ever have to miss me ever again.

 

Luhan's POV

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw her cutely cursing under her breath as she opened her phone. She's just way too cute.

But that wasn't the thing bothering me. It's just that on the way to the washroom, I saw a guy.

 

A guy who I noticed was looking at Eun Gi all the time.

 

Is he someone she knew?

 

Is he her childhood friend?

 

I don't like it. I don't like the way he checked up and looked at her that way.

 

Who the hell is that guy?