Love?

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

After dinner with Lay, you were capable of walking home alone, but Lay insisted to drive you home.

"Really Lay, I'm alright with walking home alone." You said.

"No way, a girl, walking alone at night without any protection is a no no." Lay teased, "Besides, I get to spend more time with you by driving you home." He made a cute and irresistible face.

 

"Gaahh, alright, but just this once okay?" You gave up as you gave out a small chuckle.

"Great, wait here and I'll pick you up." Lay winked as he strode away to the parking lot, leaving you all alone in the restaurant front door.

 

But then a white car popped out in front, a boy in all black with a yellow cap came out from the car and walked towards you, literally grabbing your arm, dragging you towards his car.

"Ya! Let me go! Who the hell are you?! Lay! Help!" You panicked, thinking that this was kidnapping.

He threw you inside the car quickly and locked it as he came in to the driver's seat.

 

You tried opening the door but it won't open up. You glared at the boy, but you can't pin point who it was since his face was covered up with sunglasses and the yellow cap.

That boy drove away from that restaurant quickly, "W-What d-do you t-think you're doing? Let me go!" You stammered.

"Me? I'm kidnapping you." That boy grinned.

 

"W-Who the hell are you? Let me go this instance!" You screamed.

"Still haven't recognize me yet?" That boy asked, "Tch tch, good night my dearest princess. It is I, your knight in shining armor." Luhan teased as he took off his sunglasses.

"Luhan?" You sighed in relief, "You!" You hit him on his arm hard a couple of times as he whined.

"Ouch ouch! Damn woman, can't you see that I'm driving?" Luhan whined.

 

"Luhan, seriously, your pranks are getting out of line this time." You scolded.

"Ah right! Lay!" You completely forgot about him, you dialed his number as the deer beside you kept glancing at you.

 

After three tones, he picked up, "Eun Gi? Where are you? Where did you go? I'm worried sick!"

"Hi Lay, sorry for leaving like that and I'm fine right now." You said reassuringly, then you gave a death glare to Luhan, "Apparantly, I was kidnapped by that deer friend of yours." 

"Luhan? Why?" Lay sounded confused.

 

Luhan grabbed your phone from you as he spoke, "I'm kidnapping her since I have homework to do and she's my study partner so don't bother us!" He said quickly and turned your phone off.

"Luhan!" You hit him on his arm hard again, "Why did you do that?"

"Nah, I'm just messing around with him." Luhan chuckled, "Don't take this seriously, I'm just trying to be a nice guy here, taking you home."

 

"Whatever," You rolled your eyes as you grinned, "I'll let it slide this time, but if you ever make a prank like this again," You glared at him, "You are so dead."

"I get it princess, off to your castle we go!" Luhan teased.

 


 

"Oh? He's not here." You said as the both of you went inside your house.

You saw that your house was completely empty.

But this time, there was something different, it was completely neat.

 

"Did he go off somewhere?" Luhan asked.

"No idea." You sighed as you were worried that something might happen to him.

 

"Now that he's not here," Luhan smirked as he went to your room and laid on your blanket comfortably, "Let's get started with our homeworks."

You rolled your eyes but you followed along, you went to your desk and scattered all your books there.

"Anyway, you were pretty impressive to get both of us an A+." You teased.

"Meh, that's my specialty. Now where do we begin? Math?" Luhan said the moment he scooted over beside you.

 

"Okay, why don't you answer this question."

 

Find the constant k so that the system of the two equations: 2x + ky = 2 and 5x - 3y = 7 has no solutions. 

 

"I have no idea." Luhan said.

"Oh come on, surely you can do better than that."

"No I can't so why don't you help me?" Luhan whined.

"You're such a child." You rolled your eyes as you teased, "Now, determine the determinant first."

 

"Determinant?" Luhan looked at the question and started to scribble something on his notes, "Determinant would be -6 - 5k."

"Very good, now when the determinant is equal to zero, then the system has no solutions. Thus -6/5 is the solve of k."

"Ahh, I get it." Luhan smiled, "You should be a teacher, you're a good one."

"Just shut up and do the next following questions while I study for the try outs." You teased.

 

And night passed on, you spent the entire night teaching that little deer. And after he left, you spent the night studying for the try outs.

 


 

Well a week passed and it's the day for the try outs.

You went to school early since you wanted to study first, you sat on your usual seat and scribbled some notes in your notebook.

Then a smelly fragrance disturbed you, "Tch, look at this disgusting geek." You heard a voice and you knew exactly who it was.

 

You looked up and smiled, "Hello there Park So Ra, nice day isn't it?"

"It would be after I'm ranked first yet again." She flicked her hair and mocked, "You'd be lucky to get the second place but what should I do? That first rank is mine and only mine." She said and drank the coffee she was holding.

"We'll see about that." You smiled and went back to work.

 

"Geek, you have a high self esteem, and I have to fix that." She held her coffee high and spilled it to your books, making them wet and filthy. Surprised, you stood up and glared at her.

"Oopps, so sorry, it was an accident." She smirked, "Good luck with your studies." She smiled and walked away.

 

You dried your books with a tissue but it made no progress.

A few minutes later, Luhan came in.

"Luhan oppa!" So Ra chimed the moment he was spotted.

 

You looked up and saw him walking towards you, "Who did this?" He asked the moment he saw the messy pile of books.

You tried to speak, but So Ra cut you off, "Good morning oppa! How was your day?" She scooted over next to Luhan as she held his arm.

 

"I asked, who did this?" Luhan repeated, locking eyes with you.

"Oppa, why do you care so much about that filthy geek? Look at that, she spilled coffee everywhere, she's clumsy and annoying, let's just sit far away from here and talk okay?" She flirted.

 

"So Ra, I know you're a terrific liar but this time I've seen everything." Luhan turned to look at So Ra, "She didn't spill the coffee did she? You did, you wanted to make Eun Gi's grades to fall apart so that she has to transfer back right? She wasn't holding anything but her books the moment she came in here."

"H-How d-did you-," So Ra stammered, but she cleared and defended herself, "Oppa, I'm not lying. How could you possibly trust this thing more than me? I mean, yes I brought coffee here but that doesn't mean I spilled it right? Maybe she did bring coffee here without you noticing and spilled everything."

 

"Besides, look at her! She has nothing! All she has are books and books, why would you pay more attention to her than me?" So Ra yanked your bag from you and spilled everything inside to the floor.

Your books, pens, and other stuffs fell from your bag and was scattered on the floor.

"See? She is not worth it. Oppa, you should tell your parents that they've made the wrong decisions to let that garbage transfer here." She smiled at Luhan.

 

You did nothing but bent down to tidy your things.

Luhan did the same, he glared at So Ra and helped you.

"Oh my god," So Ra said in English, "Oppa what the hell are you doing helping her?! You could get infected by her geekiness!" She reached out her arm to help Luhan up, but he rejected and pushed her hand away.

 

Luhan stood up and so did you, he smirked and looked at So Ra, "For the fact, I knew that Eun Gi didn't bring coffee in here cause she finished the coffee I bought for her this morning right before she came in here. Just to let you know," Luhan went over to whisper to her, "She's not the garbage, you are."

Then he turned to look at you, "You, follow me." He said as he held your hand gently.

 

He grabbed your bag with his free hand and dragged you away from the classroom.

"Aishh! That !" So Ra exclaimed, "Seo Eun Gi, you dare to touch my boy? You're going to get it this time."

 


 

"You okay?" Luhan asked the moment you were both sitting side by side at the school yard bench.

"I am," You smiled, "Thank you for what you did there, but it wasn't necessary you know?"

"Hush, that wasn't necessary? Woman, your life was almost taken by an evil witch and you still don't want protection?" Luhan teased.

"No, now let me study." You grabbed your books from him.

 

It was still wet and it was sticky.

It was dirty and it was brown.

 

You started concentrating despite the book's condition.

"No, I'll read that." Luhan took the book from you and replaced it with his own, "You read that."

"But-" You tried to complain but Luhan cut you off, "No buts, I like brown so I prefer to read this one anyway." Luhan winked and read that book.

 

After thirty minutes of studying, you exhaled.

School is going to start in twenty minutes and both of you must go back to class.

"Luhan, I think we have to go or we're going to be late." You smiled as you returned Luhan's book to him, "Thank you for this."

 

You took your book from him and packed it inside your bag, you were almost about to stand up until a hand stopped you.

Pulling you to sit back down as a head rested on your shoulder.

 

Background Music

 

"Just for a moment, stay like this." Luhan sighed as he rested his head on your shoulder comfortably.

"Luhan, we really-" 

"Just for a while, I've longed to do this. And now since I have, I want you to stay a little bit longer." Luhan said, "I have some troubles at home and I need someone to lean to right now."

"Trouble? What kind of trouble?"

"You'll see later on," Luhan gave a wry smile.

 

"For now, let's stay like this. Your shoulder is way better than any pillow money could buy." Luhan teased.

"What the heck, do you think I'm an object or something?" You teased back.

"Yes, and you're my object." Luhan laid his head comfortably, "I'm never going to give you away. Not to anyone." Luhan said.

You blushed, "Luhan you're way too cheesy," There was a short pause, "Go make yourself another love poem." You teased.

 

"Wanting to receive a love poem from me aye?" Luhan laughed.

"N-No!" You stammered, "Tease me one more time and I'm out from here."

"Alright, alright princess. Your wish is my command." Luhan chuckled.

 

"Luhan," You broke the awkwardness after a while.

"Hmm?"

 

"You can always lean to me, I'll always be there for you." You smiled as you bent your head on top of his.