Epilogue: Beauty and the Geek

Beauty and the Geek

Eungi sat in Luhan's room, staring blankly into space as her eyes were filled with nothing but sorrow and despair. His whole house was empty for everyone was visiting his grave except for her. The hollowness of his room was making her insides spin, be it magical spirits, ghosts, or whatever, she didn't know but she could hear clearly the exploding sound of the bomb ringing ever so loudly in her ears.

Have you ever been so sad that when you felt like crying, no tears came out? Eungi is experiencing that kind of sadness; she felt too tired to bawl her eyes out again, too tired to do anything. All she knew then was that Luhan wasn't there by her side anymore.

He would never be.                                                               

 

She sighed as her grip on a crumpled paper tightened. With another deep sigh filled with regret and grief, she placed the paper on his bed and smiled sadly as she walked out of the room.

On the paper was a sketch of her smiling face, it wasn't that artistic but it was okay for a messy soccer player like him. If that picture was able to bring her on the edge of tears, written behind his sketch was a poem that represents his feelings, and last, a sentence that indicates his goodbye.

 

I've never before seen or heard anything about you

But then one day you just appeared and came into my life just as you are

I want you beside me at all times, today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, forever

You fill my days with rainbows and sometimes make all my days less blue

I don't care if we can't be together, nothing is scarier that being apart

Because you ignite my desires and in my heart I just love you more and more

 

This won't be the end of us, we will met again, someday, somehow

 


 

Year 2110, one hundred years later.

 

The high-pitched bell rang and students scrambled messily at the school hall. Eungi walked with a bright smile on her face as she approached her best friends, Park Sora and Lee Jongsuk. "Jongsuk oppa!" Her voice chimed in the air as she slapped the back of his head, earning a groan from the latter.

"Ouch, what was that for?" he said as he rubbed the part where she hit him.

"For ignoring me yesterday and hanging out with Kyungmi unnie!" Eungi pouted.

"Duh, she is my girlfriend," he stated with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Fake girlfriend," she said, "If I might add."

"Hey, you just can't blame this one-sided love of mine."

 

Eungi rolled her eyes and approached Sora who was busy doing her homework. "You busy?" she asked.

"No, I'm as free as a bird," Sora replied without looking at Eungi, her hand running all over her textbook as she vigorously copied one of her classmate's work. "What do you want?" she said.

"Nothing," Eungi pouted, "I just wanted to take the sky train one more time and visit the kids before going home, but I see that you're quite busy."

"Why don't you just ask Jongsuk oppa? I'm sure he won't be busy today."

Eungi sighed and nodded her head to the left. Sora tore her gaze from her textbook to Jongsuk who was busy flirting with another girl. "I see what you mean," she said, "But I'm really sorry, I forgot to do Bald Park's homework and now I'm stuck with rewriting it four times."

 

"I see," Eungi said, "Who would want to lend you his or her book to you?"

"Hey!" Sora said, slightly annoyed.Sora said, slightly annoyed.

"Don't blame me," Eungi raised both her hands up. "You normally destroyed it before handing it back to them."

"Whatever," Sora rolled her eyes before continuing on her work. "Anyway, our class has a new transfer and he is the one who genuinely borrowed his book for me."

Eungi nodded before Sora continued, "He looks cute, but too bad, he's such a geek. He has that cute, girly pink hair and wore nerd glasses. Seriously, if only he would lose that unmanly pink hair and glasses, I'd go out with him for sure."

"You and Jongsuk are exactly alike," Eungi pinpointed with a laugh.

 


 

Eungi stepped out from the sky train and inhaled the fresh air with a smile. Visiting the orphan kids at the playground would always brighten up her mood, they were like her mood booster or something. Eungi really liked kids, she doesn't knew why, but today her mood feels a hundred times better than any other days after visiting them.

She held her history textbooks as she struggled her way through the crowded station. When she reached the end of the station, someone in a hurry bumped into her. She closed her eyes and braced for the hard cold floor to hit her body, but she felt something soft holding onto her.

 

She opened her eyes and widened her eyes. His eyes were dark brown and wide as well, as they stared into each other and felt a tug of desire enveloping in both their bodies. His hand was still holding hers as they felt a sudden gush of warmth, the empty feeling surrounding both of them gone in a matter of second.

This only happens in dramas and fairytales, but it felt so real when the entire world whirled around them, time slowed down as the people walking around them seemed to walk ever so quickly.

 

"Hey," he finally said with a smile as he broke the staring contest, his hand still holding hers.

She stared at their hands, confused at how her hand felt so right in his, how his touch managed to make her insides spin. With a smile, she said, "Hey,"

"You study at Grey High? I just transferred there today."

"Really?" She smiled, "What's your name?"

"Luhan," he answered before asking, "What's yours?"

"Eungi," she said, "Seo Eungi."

 

It was all written in his letter, that they will see each other again, someday, somehow. Perhaps their someday took place after one hundred years, perhaps their promised happy life without any drama could only take place after their reincarnation, perhaps they were really meant to be together.

Their fingers were intertwined as they stared deeply into each other.

 

And they weren't planning to let go.

 


FINALLY FINISHED. I don't know if this could satisfy you or not, but I hope it would hahahah.I'm sorry for not updating because high school seriously. Anyway, I want to say thank you to every subscriber for giving me a chance on this stupid fic but I really hope someone would enjoy reading this! ^^

Upvote maybe? HAHAHAH.

 

Check out my other stories? (shame-less self promotions)

Reckless Serenade

This is actually a writing contest and it's finished (featuring my bby Woobby Woohyun) so I hope someone would give a chance to read it too because I really need help on it :)

 


 

I LOVE YOU ALL! <3