The Truth

Beauty and the Geek

Your POV

 

One week has passed after everything was revealed. Well, half of it was revealed since Luhan hasn't suspected me yet. The whole business industry is a mess; Grey Company is slowly going down because of the heir's scandal and my biological mother's fashion company is rising to the top since most of Grey Company's loyal followers are starting to grow pity on me.

How, when, why did this happen? Let me explain to you one by one.

 

I was Yoon Ra's bestest friend ever - if that is really a word. We hung out together, eat together, go to school together, share secrets together, and we almost did practically everything together. We were like sisters, twins, we were very hard to separate from each other. If she goes there, I'd follow. If I want to hang there, she'd comply.

Frankly, I was the kind of girl people would despise. I'm the complete opposite of the cheerful and lovable Yoon Ra, while everyone liked her, everyone hates me. I rarely spoke because I prefer being alone, that's why when Yoon Ra moved into my neighborhood, she brought light, a hope in my life.

She taught me how to socialize with people, how to share things with others, how it's okay to not be insecure. Now I knew why everyone liked her, she was simply an angel from heaven, she's perfect.

It was until that monster came into her life.

 

The moment Luhan, the rich, spoilt brat of Grey Company came into her life, everything was just a mess. While I was busy running to school, both of them were all lovey-dovey in his car. While I was all alone in my house with the roaring thunder outside my thin barrier walls, both of them were out on a date to who-knows-where.

No, I did not hate them. I'm actually happy for them, because if Yoon Ra's happy, I'm happy. That's what being friends are for.

 

It's okay for me if that Luhan guy would snatch her away from me for a couple of hours or so, but when he snatched her life away from her, I just couldn't stand by and watch by the sidelines anymore. The moment my mom called me to go to the hospital, I knew something was wrong, I could feel it.

I rushed to the hospital only to greeted by a figure of a girl, lying helplessly pale underneath the white cover wrapped firmly all around her body. I could see traces of blood lying here and there even though they've cleaned the corpse up.

Corpse. My beloved Yoon Ra is dead, the only person who've succeeded into bringing some kind of hope to live my life was gone.

 

It was about a week or two after her funeral that me and my family found out about Mr. Lu's doings. Yoon Ra's death is their fault, if it weren't for that horrid family, none of this would happen. And I despise that so-called perfect family.

When I told dad about what happened to Yoon Ra, he too, was devastated. Why? He told me about what really happened in this business world, he was Mr. Lu's best friend, just like me and Yoon Ra. They weren't exactly like us because they were work buddies. Their company was having an important project, and dad succeeded in coming up with a brilliant idea.

But his sickness got in the way and he decided to entrust his idea to Mr. Lu, which he genuinely complied. Little did he knew that Mr. Lu decided to make that idea his own, making him the successful one while dad was stuck as his manager.

Some sort of friends they are.

 

Maybe we should call it revenge, but revenge is such a strong word. All three of us came up with a plan, we all declared that we were sick of being treated like second-third-or maybe even the lowest class. It's such an immature and stupid decision, but a little drama wouldn't hurt, can it?

All of our plan were sorted out perfectly by the time Luhan was in China. We made sure that not a single trace of accident could be spotted, everything must flow like we wanted. Truly, the car accident Luhan believed that me and mom was in was totally a fluke.

He didn't see it with his own eyes, did he? No, it was dad who told him.

 

Luhan laid eyes on the body laying on the hospital bed. His eyes wide, lips trembling, heart accelerating, and palms sweating. All he could think of was how late he was.

"Luhan-ssi." a voice said as a hand rested on his shoulder, "Why are you here?" he continued, his voice icy cold and dead serious.

He turned and saw a man with a broken face, his eyes swollen red from all the crying. "Uncle, I... I don't know what to say."

"Eun Gi... E-Eun Gi my baby.... She got involved in a car accident along with her mom, and the doctors said that she could have amnesia." Dad said, avoiding his eyes, pretending that he was sad even though inside, he was afraid to get caught.

Luhan didn't know what to do and he made him to shut his mouth about Yoon Ra. Well, of course Kwon Jo didn't have to tell her because she already knew all along. Right after Luhan left, I threw the covers away from me and sat up on the bed, gasping for air.

"What the heck? Ugh why did he have to leave so late? It's suffocating in there." I said, rolling my eyes and smoothened down my hair.

 

Mom came up with the accident idea because she wanted to have a life on her own too. She decided to slip away from this household for a while and remarry with 'another man'. What? What kind of excuse is that? It's unacceptable right? Well, it kind of actually acceptable if she remarries her own husband.

Do you get me? No? Okay, while I acted like a helpless orphan, mom and dad were living through quite well in the business world. Mom used her talents in her fashion work and made it come to life with dad's help. Park Belle industry was only famous because of mom, and even the reporters didn't know who her husband is.

The true orphan was Sora, and not me. Mom adopted her so she could distract the media from finding out about dad. Of course, she trained her to be the she actually wasn't, and that was such a big help for me.

 

Now that mom's case is done, let's get back to me, shall we? Yes, the so-called geeky me got accepted in Seoul's top school, and it's a scholarship! I was happy, happy because I got the scholarship and happy that things were going smoothly.

I saw Lay while working at my fake part-time job, making it look like I was really poor. To be honest my relationship with Lay was actually to the point of best friends, there were times where my heart would flutter when I was beside him, but that's it.

Lay eventually found out about our plot because my dad accidentally spilled everything out while we were on the phone, causing Lay to get involved as well. It would be ridiculous to have someone as powerful and wealthy like him to be dismissed, so we decided to cooperate together.

It's funny to think that in this cruel world we couldn't trust anyone, not even your closest friends, they're only present and nice around us if money is on our side.

 

Dad had to do a round-trip everyday from Park Belle to our fake house to check up on me. On my birthday, I managed to make Luhan follow me home, and it was purely my idea. Oh and making me suffer from my dad's fake acting drunk behavior was also mine. So here's the deal, I wanted to make myself look like I was that vulnerable princess locked up in the highest tower in the kingdom, waiting for a knight in shining armor to rescue me. Yuck.

"Did you make sure Luhan is following you?" Dad asked the moment I arrived home.

"Yes, now I'm going to go outside and pretend that I just got here. And you act like you're drunk and throw things at me and scream at me okay?"

 

"Go! Quickly!" I mouthed to him again but Luhan just stood there with horrified eyes.

"Go Luhan! Get away from here!" My voice was as silent as a whisper.

After he left, I sat up and glared at dad. "Dad! It hurts! Why did you have to hit me that hard? I was just joking when I said that you should hit me!"

He shrugged with a smirk on his face, "What? You told me to hit you. But you're such a good actor."

"Same to you dad, same to you."

 

Dad decided to focus solemnly on helping mom out from the background, so he pretended to leave Korea. And this plan went on and on until everything went crazy.

 

"You do know that Luhan and Chen are in the back of the room spying on us right?" Lay whispered in my ear as a giggled evilly.

"Of course, I was planning on discussing our other plans, but why not enjoy teasing him? It's fun."

Lay smirked and didn't say a thing as I heard muffled noises from the back, "YOU BASTA--QOENAONZCSKAJN!"

"Hyung! What is it?" I could hear a man yet high pitched voice which I believed was Chen's.

Snickering quietly, I shifted towards Lay a little and whispered in his ear, "You know, Chen looks good in a girl's costume."

 


 

Live-in tutor? I'm going to be living under the same roof as Luhan? Woah it just made things way easier than before. Although I must admit that I'm kinda happy....

I took my phone out from my pocket right after I went out of Principal Lu's office, "Mom?"

"What is it, dear?"

"I'm going in the house." I said before hanging up on her.

 


 

"What are you doing? Our handcuffs were taken off earlier," I said.

"I know, I just love holding your hand. For now, don't refuse and just think that there's only the two of us here. So there'll be no one who could bother us." Luhan smiled.

My heart was beating so fast I was afraid it might explode. His hand felt so gentle and warm, and the way he smiled is just heavenly-like. Like an angel who fell from the heavens. I looked at him and face palmed myself mentally.

I was supposed to seduce him.... But did I get seduced as well?

 


 

"Eun Gi! Are you alright?!" Lay got up and hurried to me.

Of course I'm alright, you dimwit, mom planned this out, I thought.

He began to untie me but I couldn't answer his question. I nodded and tried to speak but no words came out. I choked as the rope was cut and fall straight to his arms. He hugged me and I buried my face on his chest. Using his body as a shield from seeing Luhan's face, I whispered in his ear, "What took you so long? Ugh acting all innocent is killing me, why does this school and the Lu Residence has so many CCTV's?"

Lay bit his lower lip to hide a chuckle, "All in good times, darling. Everything will be over soon and I'll get my share eventually."

 


 

You must have been sent from heaven to earth to change me

You're like an angel

The thing that I feel is stronger than love believe me

You're something special

I only hope that I'll one day deserve what you've given me

But all I can do is try

Every day of my life

Luhan cleared his throat, "So... Does this mean we're official now?"

I hesitated at first. This would be over soon, the moment Jongsuk get back here, everything would be exactly how it should be. I smiled, "We are."

I'm sorry Luhan, if I could turn back time and realize how wrong I was to hate you, I would've never bring myself into this mess. But it's too late to turn back now because the end is near.

 


Let me drown myself because of this stupid story....

Anyway please don't unsubscribe, it makes me sad if you do. I hope you'll still support this story despite all of these drama, I'm sorry again if this dissapoints you, but I assure you, everything will be okay in the end.....

And please comment. It gives me an encouragement to update sooner because I can already see the end of this story. Please comment, no silent readers allowed kaayy? Upvoters would be loved, seriously, they would be worshiped (?) HAHAHA

Btw I'm still crying because of my pathetic story.... I'm sorry guys....