Confrontation

Beauty and the Geek

Author's POV

 

'Eonjenga geunyeo soneul japa bol nal olkkayo. Gameun du noon wi ae kisshaneun naldo wajulkkayo. Hello, hello. Nareumdaero yonggil naesseoyo.'

Hello, SHINEe's song was heard as soon as Eungi stepped one of her foot in that small cafe near her house, the Park Mansion. The sound of her white heels elegantly striding towards a table for two at the corner of the room sent shivers down the other customer's spines. Faint whispers began to echo around the room as they eyed the newly born princess approaching a boy.

Not just any boy, because if it was, none would tend to care because of the sophisticated uniform wrapped firmly around him.

 

Audible gasps rang in both her ears the moment she sat down right in front of the boy, causing him to look up at the person who he thought was innocent, the person he gave up all his trust for, and most of all, the person he once loved. He stared at her, observing everything there is to observe.

The thought of her changing ran across his head as he continued to eye her. Her dark brown hair was blow-dried and smoothened down in an oval shape, layered, as they call it. She still has the same hazel eyes, though he wasn't sure if the look she gave him was sincere or counterfeit. Her pointy nose was still cute in his eyes, and her plump lips were pinkish as lipgloss were applied onto them.

He was sure about one thing though: the nerd, dork, yet innocent and lovable Seo Eungi he knew was no longer there.

 

She too, was staring at the boy the whole time. She looked at him with pure sincerity, hoping that he could catch even a glimpse of it. He hasn't changed a bit, she thought as her eyes travelled down from his smooth hair, doe-like eyes, pointy nose, and fair skin. Everything was like what she recalled before her scene in the ballroom. Everything but the genuine tug on both corners of his lips, his smile.

Even though she was sitting right in front of him, she couldn't hear a greeting. No hellos, hey theres, heys, yos, nothing. Scratch that, she couldn't even spot a smile plastered on his face, not even a fake one. Did her wrong doings leave that much of a scar in his life? The closer she looked at him, the bigger the guilt and heartache enlighten in her heart.

His face looked thinner, and so does the color of his face. Faint eye bags hung dangerously close under his eyes, and his lips were dry. She wanted to bombard him with questions, questions she was dying to ask from the moment she left him hanging there in the ballroom with sad, betrayed eyes. Questions that she knew were now unfit for inquiring.

But she knew one thing for sure: the trust and love she gained from him vanished into thin air and a big liar like her has no space left in his fragile heart that was now broken into millions of pieces.

 

Their intimate stare ended when Eungi gathered all the courage left in her and she faked a smile as she took a deep breath through her nostrils. "Luhan," She breathed out, "You said you wanted to talk to me."

Again, Luhan didn't break into his usual goofy smile. He clasped both his hands together and leaned back, still not breaking his gaze on her. "Yes, I wanted to discuss our situation here and I want to understand your true intentions." he spoke.

For the first time in her life, Eungi was bewildered by the way he spoke and the tone he used on her. He went straight to the point, no chit chat, no 'how do you like the weather this fine evening' talk. His tone was somehow serious, cold, and not that she wouldn't admit, dead y.

 

"Well then, why don't we order a cup of coffee and then we'll talk straight to the point?" she said.

"No," he replied, "I have to go somewhere else after this and we better make this fast."

"Okay then," She cleared her incredibly dry throat as she rubbed her palms together, feeling the sweat enveloping on them. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything," he said sharply, his eyes piercing into hers. "I want to know how it started, why you did all of it, and whoever is involved."

 

She sighed and began explaining everything to him, not missing a single detail except her own true feelings. He just stared at her moving lips as his ears captured all of the information she gave him. He noticed that she would bit her lower lip constantly whenever she tries to find a much gentler word.

He clenched his fists, faint white colors painted on his knuckles. Even though he acted like he doesn't care about anything right now, deep down inside, he knew he still cared. It was obvious because he was really holding himself back right now. How her moist pink lips open up and close was a temptation, and he was on the verge of breaking down every time she bit her lip.

He wanted to taste them so bad, he wanted to hold her body so bad, he wanted her back so bad. But what he wants were the impossible.

 

When her lips stopped moving, he sighed and looked into her eyes, searching for the truth. Once he found them, he began to ask her about her true intentions as he knew that there were still some good left in her, "Just for one moment, did you ever come across liking me?"

Both of them locked eyes for a mere second. From the looks of it, girls would die just to be on that position as she was now on top of the most popular and handsome boy in Grey High. The awkwardness broke when she widened her eyes as she quickly stood up. She then cleared and tidied her clothes. Luhan stood up as well, he looked at the book he was holding and raised an eyebrow.

"Give me that," she said as she tried to grab it but instead of being a good boy and handing it to her, he raised it even higher.

"Drugs huh?" He walked away with the book on his hand, "Why are you so interested in drugs?"

No, I mustn't give in, mom said so, she thought as she crossed her arms and leaned back, "No."

 

There was no way she could turn back now because it's too late. Her mom forbids her into confessing her real feelings as well as telling him the truth, but after breaking one promise, she didn't have the courage to do it again.

He sighed before continuing, " Never once had you felt your heart flutter because of me?"

"What is that? You're supposed to make the love-themed poem while I'm doing the abandonment poem right?" she said, looking at him.

"Yes, but I think this is much more special than the poem that we're supposed to write." he answered.

"What do you mean?"

"You should better look at the poem, read it carefully okay?" Luhan winked as he handed her his book.

 

Work hard yet be humble, 
share all that you have 


Maybe the most important of many lessons,
that I have learned from my friend.

Protect and honor your family, 
no matter what the cost


A battle for your family 
is a battle that can't be lost.

Take a stand for things that matter,
and always keep your head held up high.


Embrace those things close to your heart,
and yes it's okay to cry.

These lessons in life can not be taught,
they must be observed.


Happy birthday Eun Gi, you have taught me a lot, 
We've just met but thank you for what I have learned.

"No," she answered.

 

"You never sincerely worried about me, not once?" he asked, a hint of disappointment in every word.

She freaked out, "What?" It's midnight, he can't possibly still be waiting, right? She thought.

It took her ten minutes to actually get to the entrance. She took a deep breath before peeking out the entrance door, only to see that no one was present. "Thank goodness," She sighed in relief, "Of course, he left. Why the hell would he still be waiting?"

She was about to turn around when a certain image in front of her immobilized her.

 

Luhan smiled as he waved his hands. "Hey," he said.

Without thinking twice, she strode towards him and hit him hard on his chest, "You stupid, stupid idiot!" she cried as she hugged him.

Luhan sounded completely lost as he blinked simultaneously. "Eungi? What's the matter?"

"Why did you still wait? It's already past midnight. Why?" she cried as her grip around his neck tightened, "I was so scared, you might freeze to death, you idiot!"

It felt like a sharp knife was pierced right into her heart as the word left her lips, "No."

 

"Okay, last question. You never liked me just for me, without a connection to your schemes?"

He smiled, still on his knees. "Seo Eungi, since you wanted me to ask you to be my girlfriend, would you take Luhan to be your boyfriend slash knight in shining armor?"

Unconsciously, a tear left her eye. Not because she was sad, but because she was incredibly speechless from the happiness that struck her. She nodded slowly before Luhan got up and walked up to her, hugging her like there's no tomorrow.

"No," was all she said before Luhan strode away from the place, leaving her hanging there with tears in her eyes.

 


Not edited yet hahahaha I'm so busy lately. Please do comment and upvote lovelies! <3