Complication

Beauty and the Geek

"The person you're looking for-"

"Damn it!" Luhan cursed, his trembling hands threw his phone harshly as it landed on the bed. He got up from the comfy mattress and walked back and forth, his pace increased every now and then as he bit his finger.

 

His so called ruthless father had managed to force him into taking the first flight available to Dallas with him next thing in the morning. After hours of struggling from his bodyguards, he found himself in the hotel room of Sora's photo shoot venue. He tried to get out from the room, but whenever a small gap on the door was seen by his bodyguards, they would only shove him back to his room and locked the door. The conclusion is : there is no way out unless his father ordered him to.

Luhan ran a frustrated hand on his hair as a loud grunt escaped his lips. He had tried to call you for like an hour now, and he was greeted by none other than your voicemails. He was getting insane; how could he not? He is forced to marry someone he despises, separated with the only girl he loved, and she isn't answering his calls.

 

What if something bad happened to you? What if father's goons came over to your room and knock you out? What if they made you disappear from his sight? Those thoughts haunted his brain. His trembling hands held his head as he plopped himself on the bed again.

Not only was he thinking things, he was imagining them. His brain processed images of you being abused and truth to be told, . He let out a frustrated scream as he pulled the ends of his bangs, ruining his perfect bed hair.

 

No, he won't let his own flesh and blood do that to his loved ones. This time, he won't let his father lay a finger on her. His eyes were clouded with hatred and agony to the point where his looks could kill. Luhan held his phone and looked at the photos he took with you, his thumb caressing them.

"I won't let him do the things he did to your best friend." He whispered.

 

Just then, the door creaked open and one of his bodyguards came into view. A paper bag was thrown on his bed as he looked at him with his usual straight face. "Mr. Lu wants you to wear that at today's ball at the Omni Hotel."

"Ball? What ball?" Luhan asked, his voice hoarse and faint.

"Ms. Park is finishing her last photo shoot today and Mr. Lu wants to hold an VVIP guests only ball to celebrate. He asked me to-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Luhan cut him off with the murderous look on his face. "I'm. Not. Going. To. That. ing. Ball." He emphasized those words slowly, his tone dangerously painful.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Lu insists to have your presence in that ball. In which dragging or forcefully yanking you into the room is permitted." Not long after he sighed, he continued with a sad look on his face, his straight face earlier completely replaced. "I don't want to do any of those to you so I suppose you come on your own. I'm sorry, I know it's hard, but I think you should see this from your father's point of view."

 

Luhan turned his back on his bodyguard, and long after he heard the door closed, a sigh escaped his lips as he shifted his gaze on his phone wallpaper again. Just then, he received a phone call from someone. He picked it up and a gasp that was soon replaced by a smirk was plastered on his lips.

Sighing, he nodded and hung up as he caressed their photo for the last time. "Seo Eun Gi, when I promised you that I'll be your knight in shining armor, I will keep it. Even if that means I have to marry another girl. I love you, and I'm sorry."

With that, he threw his phone on the wall and cringed at the sight of his phone breaking into hundreds of pieces. He knew his father's game well and he knew how well he handles his opponent. And it seems like his opponent has a trick up his sleeves, he just needs the perfect timing for it.

 


 

"Now open them." A husky voice ordered.

Slowly, you opened your eyes and widened them. The boy chuckled at your reaction and ruffled your hair messily. "I welcome you to Dallas."

You hit him numerous times on his chest as you gritted your teeth. "I can't believe you kidnapped me here! We've just met again yesterday and suddenly you slung me over your shoulders like a rag doll, and then in a blink of an eye you brought us to Dallas?!"

"Ow ow ow!" He winced as he rubbed his aching chest. "Damn, woman! Give the guy a warning before you hit them!"

You rolled your eyes and stared at him in disbelief. Just after your greetings with your long last best friend in the mall, he dragged you over to the airport and said that he would take you to see his job. You obliged at first, thinking at he works at the airport as the doctor or something - because he loves to learn medical problems. And then the second thing you knew, he blindfolded you and kidnapped you. God, you can't believe you're best friends with the biggest prankster known to man.

 

Face palming yourself, you glared at him. "What am I supposed to do here? What about my luggage? And how do you know I always carry my passport in my bag?"

"You're accompanying me on my job. I took care of it. And, it's in your habit to always take your identities in your wallet, which is in your bag." He grinned.

"If you weren't my best friend, you would've been dead by now, Jongsuk oppa."

"I know. Now let's go!" Jongsuk chuckled and interlaced your hands together.

 

He hollered a cab and took you to a hotel as he explained to you about his job as a photographer. You narrowed your eyes at him. "Are you serious? You? A photographer in New York? I knew your English is flawless, but a photographer in New York? Puhlessshh." You laughed to yourself.

But Jongsuk just sat next to you with his arms crossed and a pout on his face. Your laugh came abruptly to an end as you stared at him. "You're serious...... Aren't you?"

Seeing that he has no reaction again, you hung your mouth open, "Heol."

 

The taxi stopped about fifteen minutes later and he paid for the fee before dragging you inside the hotel room. "I'm going to have a photo shoot with one of my clients until five. She's Korean too, I think you'll get along well at the ball."

You nodded. But as your brain processed the two last words from his mouth, you widened your eyes again as you half-screamed, "Ball? What ball?"

"Shh, lower your voice, woman." He hissed, "My client's father is holding a ball to celebrate her final photo shoot, and I want you to come with me."

"Me? Why me?"

"Because you're my best friend and I don't want to look like a dumb loner who has no date to the ball." You laughed when he mumbled the last part.

 

"You'll come, would you?" He pleaded, his eyes glistening in the dark room.

"I will. But if you make the same mistake you did when you became my date like the last time, you're dead." You said firmly as you made a horizontal line on your throat.

"Great! In the mean time, have fun." Jongsuk grinned as he hugged you.

"God, you're squishing m you crazy giant!" You hit his chest again.

"Serves you right, shortie. Oh yeah, the ball is at Omni Hotel. It's quite far from here so I'll pick you up at four okay?" He ruffled your hair again before walking out of the room.

You rolled your eyes before jumping onto the mattress, completely forgetting everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even Luhan.

 


Short update. Hey guys! I'm back~ Sorry for the one month wait guys I'm so sorry. I'll update as soon as I can from now on! ^^