Confessions

Beauty and the Geek

Author's POV

 

"Sit." Luhan's mom said coldly as she sat right across Luhan at the dining room.

You were already in your room since Luhan shooed you from the living room, because he didn't want you to hear this conversation. You nodded before going to your room. Deep down, you were actually worried. You weren't worried about you thrown out from the Lu residence, you can deal with money later, but you were worried about Luhan.

You knew how fierce and strict the Lu family can be in terms of maintaining their popularity and status. And seeing that Mrs. Lu saw the both of you doing that in their living room, Mrs. Lu's going to be furious about this

 

Luhan faked a laugh after sitting down properly. "Err hahahahaha," He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand before he continued, "What are you doing up? You should be in bed, or you'll be sick."

"Enough with this talk." Mrs. Lu snapped. She narrowed her eyes at him and stared at him for a while before continuing, "You." She pointed her index finger at his face.

"What is your relationship with that tutor?" Mrs. Lu dropped the bomb in an instant as she asked Luhan straight forwardly.

Luhan gulped. Now that his mom has seen everything, there's no need to lie and cover everything up by now. That's why he decided to tell the truth. "I love her mom."

 

Luhan sighed. Seeing that Mrs. Lu gave no reaction and just sat there glaring at him, he continued, "I've always loved her. From the moment Lay introduced me to her, something in me clicked. I started to hang around with her. Teasing her was always my habit towards her, because my first goal was to make her laugh. Frankly, I knew her background too. I know that her father is a mad man, he used to hit her with his liquor bottle, insult her and it was horrible. I saw them with my own eyes and right at that moment, I wanted to protect her. I don't want us to be only friends. I want to be with her, I want to stay by her side no matter what happens, and most of all I want to be her so called knight in shining armor." Unconsciously, Luhan chuckled sadly.

"But I can't, can I?" He gave a wry smile. "First, she has a boyfriend, and her boyfriend is perfect. He's the future heir of Zhang Incorporated, he can sing, dance, and most of all, I think he loves her more than me. Second, I have a girlfriend. Even though that is out of my will, and you forced me to date her, everyone still thinks I have a girlfriend, and my so called girlfriend, can't get enough of hurting her. Third, I made her cry today. I know that from her tears, she could never forgive me, that she would never trust me again. She hates me now. And fourth, you would never acknowledge our relationship would you? And if you do, you'll never approve of our relationship." Luhan said, his voice trembling and his eyes red, like he was about to cry.

 

For about five minutes, they just sat there as Luhan looked down and Mrs. Lu stared at him. With a sigh, Mrs. Lu opened , softer this time. "Done." She said with a flat face.

"What?"

"Done." She raised both her shoulders. "You said you loved her right? That you wanted to protect her and be by her side right? Now go get her. It's not too late."

Luhan's mouth fell to the ground. "Seriously? You're not joking? Are you even my mom? IS MY MOM KIDNAPPED BY AN ALIEN?!" Luhan almost shouted.

 

"Sstttt, calm down you ill-mannered boy, you'll wake the others up." Mrs. Lu snapped, but then her gaze softened as she sighed again before continuing, "To be honest, I've seen both of you acting all lovey dovey in this house, and at school too. Do you even remember that this house is installed with CCTVs? I wanted to warn you, but I never got the chance too. Anyway, I deleted the footage for you, but if your father finds out, it's out of my control."

Mrs. Lu leaned foward and gave Luhan a serious look. "And about what I said earlier, there's a reason. Last week, I accompanied Mrs. Park to the hospital. She wants to check her blood because she was afraid that she's diagnosed with diabetes. About thirty minutes after the doctors took her blood, the nurse came inside the room. She said that they needed a blood type A, fast. Turns out that Mrs. Park is type A, and she agreed to donate her blood. She registered her name and her daughter's name, So Ra, since she was afraid that is her blood loss is severe, she would die. Ugh, scardy cat these days. Anyway, when the nurse did a DNA test, I saw that their DNA didn't match. You know the one time where So Ra hurt her knee and was hospitalized? There's where they got her blood.

"Wait, does this mean that...." Luhan frowned.

"Exactly. So if their DNA didn't match, it means that So Ra isn't Mrs. Park's daughter, and So Ra is not the rightful heir of Park Belle. I want to dig some more information from this case, and you're permitted to stay away from So Ra is you want."

 

"God, drama gets real. What are you going to do about this mom? Are you really sure that their DNA didn't match?"

"I told you it's true. I have their papers with me. I didn't give them to Mrs. Park yet. I'll keep it safe in my drawer, and when I find out the truth, I'll expose it to them." Mrs. Lu smiled.

"You're the best mom, you should be a cop next time. I knew there's something good in you. Thank you, thank you, thhhaaaankkkk yyoooouuuu for making our deal off! I can't wait to get away from So Ra." Luhan smiled cheerfully.

"Wait, don't tell So Ra yet. You can stay away from her, but don't tell her yet." Mrs. Lu grinned, "Now go tell Eun Gi before I change my mind." She said.

"Nah, I think Eun Gi's sleeping. I'll tell her tomorrow. Good night mom." Luhan kissed her cheek and went to his room.

 


 

The next morning you woke up early and went to school without Luhan. You assumed that he woke up late since you could hear snoring from his room even though school starts in thirty minutes. Time seemed to went by fast, and you found yourself staring at the school building as you leaned on the oak tree you used to hang out at.

"I've always loved her. From the moment Lay introduced me to her, something in me clicked. I started to hang around with her.”

"I don't want us to be only friends. I want to be with her, I want to stay by her side no matter what happens, and most of all I want to be her so called knight in shining armor."

You overheard their conversation last night. You were out to grab a drink and accidentally eavesdrop on their conversation. You went back to your room and couldn't get your heart to stop beating so loud.

"Gosh Luhan. What are you saying?" You frowned and used both your hands to cover you face, entirely.

 

He loves you. Luhan loves you. He said that with his own mouth. There's no way he could lie to his mom. "What have I done? Why was I so cold last night? You're stupid Eun Gi." A sob left your lips.

"Ahem." You heard a fake cough from your left. You opened your hand slightly, just to see who it is.

"Hey, where have you been? I haven't seen you much around school." Your face brightened the moment you saw who it was.

"Hey." Nichkhun gave you a wry smile. "Yeah, that was what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Hmm? You wanted a talk to me about something serious? You? Grey High's playful senior?" You tried to warm up the cold tension between you and Nichkhun. You noticed something weird about his expression as he sat down next to you.

 

He took a deep breath and confessed, "I liked you, Seo Eun Gi."

Your heart skipped a beat. He what?

"I liked you since you came into our apartment. And when I realized that I like you, I've been keeping myself away from you. Why? Because I know that I have no chance of winning against two guys." He chuckled a bit.

"Besides you have a boyfriend, and I don't want to ruin your relationship with him. And Luhan? 'I like Seo Eun Gi, She's mine, take someone else.' is all written clearly on his face."

It does? You never knew that he liked you. You knew that a part of you likes him too, but you're still unsure about love. You never know the meaning of love, and now you're stuck in this awkward life, filled with confessions and drama.

 

"I don't want to be near you back then, and started to stay away from you. I'd see you walking at the school corridors, but I'd just go the other way so that I won't see your face up close. Why? Because I'm afraid Eun Gi. I'm afraid to confess to you, I'm afraid to ruin us, our friend zone. And now, I've met with another girl. Her name's Victoria. You know her right? She's your senior, and she just transferred here. I noticed that I only liked you as a friend, nothing more, and that I like her. That's why I decided to confess to you today to content my heart. I'm weird aren't I? I'm sorry, but I want us to still be friends." Nichkhun sighed and looked at you.

What just happened? This is too much to take. You're a bit sorry for Nichkhun since you didn't return his feelings and you only thought of him as your friend. But since he said he has found someone else, you're happy for them. You wanted them to be happy. You wanted him to be happy, with her, without you.

"Of course we're still friends. I'm not bothered by this, I like you as a friend too Nichkhun sunbae." You laughed and he patted your head.

 

"Now that we're settled with this, let's go to the school hall." Nichkhun smiled.

"What? Why?"

"Didn't you listen to the announcement this morning? Tomorrow is Grey High's anniversary and since we've finished with our final tests, we're going on a trip to Maldives for a week."

"Say that again? Maldives? I don't have the money to go to Maldives." You frowned.

Nichkhun chuckled, "Of course you don't. That's what scholarships are for, the school already paid you. Now let's go."

 

Both of you reached the school hall and when you stepped your foot on that school hall, your eyes landed at Luhan.

Yup, you're going to apologize for him there, and you're going to confess to him during that trip.

I like you too, Luhan.

Wait, but have you thought this trough though? What about your Zhang Yixing?

Ugh, this is complicated.

 


Hey guys, long time no see (?) hahahahaha. Anyway, I just finished with my exams and as promised, I'll be updating soon. Oh and I saw that So Ra has no love and has ALL hates, I'll give you what you want. This is what you want right? I don't know ahahahah. Please let me know what you think about this chap.