Handcuffed

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Your POV

 

“I can’t believe I’m stuck here, with you. For hours.” I grunted.

Not to make you misunderstand, at first, I was really excited for this game, thinking that I’ll be able to spend some time with Lay.

But what? I’m stuck with this stupid-annoying-deer right now.

And we’re handcuffed!

 

When the man announced the number 88, my heart was beating fast. And the moment he cried out the name Luhan, my heart sank immediately.

Because I knew at that very moment, I would have to finish the entire game with Luhan as my partner.

 

At first, I was hesitating to write that number. I wanted to write my favorite number; which is 12, but I gave a shrug and scribbled some random numbers on that blank piece of paper.

12 88 10 02

Then I hummed inside my head, eenie meenie minie mo, I will pick this number. And the tone ended on the number 88.

 

What a great luck. Now I’m stuck with the one, and only boy, who I really want to get away from. Why does fate want us to be together so bad?

 

“Stop being so grumpy.” Luhan said as he poked my side. We were handcuffed and he held the map to the exit.

“How could I not be grumpy? I’m stuck here with you.” I grumbled.

“So, if you hate this so much, stop whining and just go with this for a while. And I assure you, we’ll be out in no time.” Luhan gave me a reassuring smile and kept on walking.

I sighed and nodded as I followed him.

 

Our first stop is the log fume. A lady waited for us at the entrance.

“Well hello there. I guess you guys picked the same number huh?” She smiled, “My name is Jung Seo Hyun and I’ll be your guide for all the games today. And yes, this is your advantage for writing the same number; you get a guide.”

 

I nodded and she continued, “For this log fume challenge, you guys would have to share one raincoat, but the both of you mustn’t get wet. Do you understand?”

What. The. Hell.

That means I have to be like, extremely close with Luhan. Why? Why?

What horrid mistake did I do to deserve this kind of thing?

 

Seo Hyun handed Luhan a quite large blue raincoat. It was pretty large; I think we don’t have to be too close with each other.

Luhan smirked as he took the raincoat from Seo Hyun’s grasp. “I hope you’re cold, because I’ll be hugging you.”

 

AAAAHHHH!! I screamed in my head. Luhan walked in front of me, and I was pulled because of the handcuffs.

I really don’t like this. I want to go home, I don’t want to continue this ride.

 

We were on top of the log fume, and Luhan sat right beside me. He gestured me to come closer to him, but I refused.

Then, with a sigh, he positioned himself even closer to me. He was close, he was too close! I could even feel his breath on my neck. Gaahhh! I could even feel myself blushing mad, since he smirked and used his free hand to hold me.

Seo Hyun helped us to wear the raincoat, and then sail!

 

Booommm! We went down with the water splashing from the right and left.

Thankfully, our feet were the only ones that were wet, so there'll be no second rounds. If there was a second round, my face would be as red as a tomato. Gosh, when will this day be over?

 

Ah, while I'm in misery, how is Lay doing? I hope he's alright.

 

"Now, now. You've succeeded with the first game, let's move on to the next one." Seo Hyun said as me and Luhan were busy tidying ourselves. "What is attraction is next on your map?" Seo Hyun asked.

Luhan looked at it for a while, then he answered, "That would be the Ferris Wheel."

"Alright, let's go!" She said as she walked in front of us.

 

On the way there, I was crossing my fingers, hoping that the next challenges wouldn't need some skin ship like the first one.

 

And thank goodness it was a normal challenge. When we got there, the challenge was a simple one I guess.

All we have to do is to ride the Ferris Wheel, and when we got on top, we have to spot one letter that was hung all over this amusement park. And since we wrote the same number, we have another advantage.

We were given the initials of the word; wa, and n. And Seo Hyun said that the words were in Chinese.

 

Luhan and I sat side by side, I looked to the left, while he looked at the right. The Ferris Wheel spun and spun, we were almost on the top. And I spot two huge letters, which were W and O. 

But that's it, I couldn't spot anymore letters. That's because I saw Lay. Well, the Ferris Wheel was a big ride, we were able to see almost the entire amusement park from up there.

And I was quite happy to see Lay. But what left me curious was why he was laughing with the girl he was partnered with.

 

Don't get me wrong, laughing is a big okay from me, with my boyfriend was laughing, as he was holding hands and feeding his partner a cotton candy. And the worst part was, I knew that girl. She was the girl I met on my first day of school.

The one wearing a uniform and a winter coat outside.

They looked happy though. Probably it's just because they're friends right? No worries, friends have the right to do something like that.

 

The weird thing was, I didn't feel anything.

I wasn't hurt like the way Luhan hurt me. The moment I saw Luhan with So Ra, my heart felt like it was stabbed dozens of times.

But when I saw my boyfriend holding hands with a girl from our school, I can't feel a thing. Not even a lump in my throat.

Why? I have no idea.

 

Anyway, the ride ended and we were asked to write down the letters we saw, and combine them to make some words.

Since we were handcuffed, I couldn't write since the hand that was handcuffed was my right hand, so I told Luhan the letters I saw and he wrote them down and handed the paper to Seo Hyun.

"What was the word?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later." Luhan smirked. I rolled my eyes and pouted.

 

"Well done. You've succeeded again. Let's go to the next round." Seo Hyun clasped her hand and walked in front of us.

 

We were walking to our next destination, but my hand hurts a bit since the handcuffs were kinda tight and whenever I walk beside Luhan, my hand would hit his.

"Luhan?"

"Mm?"

"My hand hurts."

"Mine too." Luhan chuckled.

 

"You know, there is a solution for this." Luhan smirked.

"And what is that?"

Without answering, Luhan held my hand tightly as my body stiffen a bit. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"See? When we're holding hands, it wouldn't hurt anymore."

I guess he was right, so I'll let this slide for a while, since my hand hurts so bad.

"O-Okay..." I gave a wry smile.

 


 

After five more challenges, the sun was about to set and I was hungry as hell. Thankfully, our next challenge is an eating challenge.

"Now, I know you guys have worked hard for those games, now all you have to do is eat this ramen." Seo Hyun smiled.

I sat right beside Luhan and a waiter gave us a bowl of ramen, with a pair of chopsticks. "Umm, excuse me. Are we supposed to share this?" I asked in an irritated tone.

"Why, of course you have." Seo Hyun smiled, "I have to go someplace else for a while, enjoy your ramen." She left us alone as she waved goodbye.

 

"Aagghh, how the hell am I supposed to eat this?" I grumbled. There was only a pair of chopsticks, and my my right hand was handcuffed. How could I possibly eat with my left hand?

"You eat it, I'm not hungry." Luhan said. But then he used his free right hand to separate the chopsticks.

 

"Thank you, but I thought you weren't going to eat." I sarcasmly said.

"I wasn't. You can't eat with your left hand can you? That's why I'm feeding you." Luhan smirked.

"No way! You eat it. I'm not hungry." I lied.

 

My mouth can lie, but my stomach most certainly cannot lie.

It just made a tiger's roaring sound, loud enough for Luhan to hear. He just laughed and teased me, "Not hungry? Suit yourself then, I'm eating this." He was almost eating the ramen when I stopped him.

"W-Wait! I-I'm hungry." I muttered.

"I'm sorry, what?" Luhan teased.

"I said I'm hungry." I looked down.

 

"Okay then, say you want me to feed you, or I won't." Luhan smirked.

I clenched my fist and cursed under my breath. But my actions just made Luhan laugh.

"F-F-Feed m-me." I stammered as quiet as a whisper.

"I'm sorry what?" Luhan leaned closer to me.

"F-Feed m-me." I said a little bit louder, without moving my teeth.

 

Luhan smirked, "Say you want Luhan to feed you."

"What the hell?" I yelled.

Luhan laughed, "Not hungry? I could finish this ramen in fifteen minutes, it looks good." Luhan leaned down to eat the ramen, but I stopped him again.

 

"W-Wait." I sighed, "I-I.... I-I...." I stammered, but Luhan cuts me off.

"Ah, wait! Hold that thought! Say oppa, please feed me." Luhan smirked.

"What?!" I yelled again.

"Don't want too? I'm eating this!"

"W-Wait!"

 

Luhan leaned closer to me. "I'm listening."

"L-L-Luhan.... P-Please feed me." I stammered.

"Ya! Can't you hear? I said, oppa, please feed me. Say it again."

"Mmm..... O-O-O..... O-Opp...." I cursed under my breath, my stomach was growling and I was very very very very hungry.

"Yes?" Luhan smirked.

 

"Aisshh! I can't, I can't, I can't! I'd rather starve myself today than to say that to you!" I shrieked and crossed my arms.

Luhan laughed and laughed, "Okay, okay I get it. You want me to feed you." Luhan smirked, "Say aaahhh."

I grumbled, but then I opened my mouth and Luhan fed me.

 

His actions were soft and tender, it just felt like my father all over again. Back before my mother's car accident, he used to feed me like this.

Memories, sweet memories. I'd cherish this forever.

 


 

After I ate the ramen, we headed for our final destination. The sun has set and it was dark. The amusement lights were lit and it was a gorgeous view. Too bad, our last challenge was to go to the haunted house.

"Oohh haunted house! Don't get scared Eun Gi, I'll be here to protect you." Luhan smiled proudly, and I simply rolled my eyes.

 

We went in slowly. It was super dark, and we kept holding hands. Luhan was in front of me, leading me to the exit.

Then a ghost appeared in front of us and Luhan just screamed like a little girl as he went to my back, hiding from the ghost.

What's so scary about this haunted house anyway? It's just normal people dressing up as ghosts, there's nothing to be afraid off.

 

And the entire way down the exit, Luhan kept screaming like a girl as he hid behind me, and I didn't even crack a sound. After minutes of finding the exit, we finally finished our challenges.

Luhan sighed the moment we were outside and I cracked a laugh. "You'll protect me? What a big mouth you have there." I teased.

 

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck. "S-Sorry, I didn't get to show you my manly side. I must look like a coward." Luhan said the moment we were outside. Our handcuffs were taken off and we were just wandering around.

I chuckled, "No you don't. It's normal for someone to be afraid. You're afraid of ghosts, so what? Many people are afraid of them." I smiled reassuringly. "You're a manly boy Luhan." I chuckled.

 

Luhan's gloomy face brightened. "I am! And I'll show you next time I promise!"

"I know you would." I teased and just stared at him.

"What?"

 

"Aren't you supposed to be taking me home?" I teased again.

"Shouldn't Lay be taking you home?"

"No, he texted me earlier that he had something to do and left me in your good care." I sighed, "And So Ra?"

Luhan chuckled, "She ran away even before she and her partner began their first challenge."

 

We cracked a laugh and kept wandering around the amusement park. Then Luhan held my hand again as my body automatically stiffens. "What are you doing? Our handcuffs were taken off earlier." I said.

"I know, I just love holding your hand. For now, don't refuse and just think that there's only the two of us here. So there'll be no one who could bother us." Luhan smiled.

His hand felt so gentle and warm, and the way he smiled is just heavenly-like. Like an angel who fell from the heavens.

 

"Luhan?"

"Mmm?"

I hesitated a bit, but then I tiptoed to kiss his cheek. "I had fun today, thank you."

"You're most welcome my princess." Luhan smirked.

 

We wandered around the amusement park until midnight and dawn just passed like that.