Coffee Beans

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Three more centimeters to the right."

Xiumin squinted his almond eyes as he fiddled with his tie. He muttered curses under his breath as the small ruler that was helping him measure fell onto the floor. As he bent down to pick it, his tie slid to the side and ruined his process. With a flip of his hair and a loud huff, Xiumin went back to square one.

"10 more centimeters to the left."

His hands shook violently as he struggled to finish, the beginning of the few tedious tasks he did every morning. Once he managed to finish fixing his tie and ironing his pants, he made his way towards the front of his café. The bright sunlight hit his face as he opened the door, bringing in the fresh scent of summer. Xiumin sat down on a nearby bench and fiddled with his thumbs, his forehead breaking out into a cold sweat.

It was the first time in years that he was going on a date. It was always hard for Xiumin to date since not many girls could handle his minor OCD. It wasn't his fault that their hairline was never straight or that they couldn't eat in the proper order. The one thing he hated more than crooked frames were girls who were touchy. Who knows if they even cleaned their hands properly?

Xiumin stared at the people passing by, his eyes twitching every time he noticed something wrong. He closed his eyes instead and felt the hot summer sun on his face, letting out a deep and relaxed sigh. The moment was cut short when someone blocked the light, forcing his eyes to burst open. His eyes landed on a young girl with long dark hair and wide brown eyes.

He noticed the crooked eyeliner and awkward light red stained lips. Her hair fell in uneven waves and her flowing dress still had some wrinkles. There was a hint of rose scented perfume and lavender laundry detergent. Her lips curved into a soft smile as she bowed, excitement in her eyes.

"Hello," She murmured, "You must be Kim Minseok-ssi."

Xiumin stood up and bowed, his hands still shaking as he processed what he saw. Oh, he forgot to mention the random patches of dried skin on her legs. He stood back up and surveyed her face once more. Her skin was frighteningly pale which only made her hair darker. Instead of caked on blush, her cheeks were naturally rosy red. Her lips were plump and his eyes widened in surprise when he realized her lips were naturally light red.

"Hello," He awkwardly smiled, "You must be Park Chanmi-ssi."

Chanmi nodded once more and adjusted her bag, eyeing the almond eyed boy in front of her. The first thing she noticed was the lack of double eyelids and chubby cheeks. His baby face was nothing compared to the body he had. His muscular arms were extremely noticable in his dress shirt and his chest was firm and thick. His lips curved into an awkward smile and it took all of Chanmi's willpower to not faint right there and then.

"I'm sorry," Xiumin clumsily held the door open, "I didn't know you would be here on time."

"I didn't want to keep you waiting," Chanmi shook her head, "I don't like waiting either."

They stepped inside the café and the fresh scent of coffee beans hit her nose. She breathed in the smell and sighed in pleasure. Chanmi let out a small squeal as she bumped into Xiumin, not realizing he had been staring at her. He smiled wider and blinked as she smoothed out her dress.

"Do you like coffee?" He asked, "Would you like some?"

"Yes I do," She furiously nodded, "I like it more than tea actually."

Xiumin snapped his fingers and made his way towards the back, bringing out some equipment. He motioned for Chanmi to sit while he prepared the coffee beans. Her eyes wandered over the café and noticed several soccer jerseys and signed soccer balls. She turned back towards Xiumin and stared at him intently. He rolled up his sleeves and she giggled to herself when she saw the muscles and bulging veins of his forearm. 

"I'll try to finish as soon as I can," Xiumin looked up, "That way we don't miss the movie."

"You don't have to," Chanmi blinked, "I like watching these types of things."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I wanted to try learning but I was too clumsy and kept burning myself."

"It does take a lot of practice."

"And I don't have the patience."

Chanmi rested her head on her hands as he went to work. Her eyes stayed locked on his face as he grinded the beans. formed into a silent O as he expertly measured the powder. Xiumin let out a soft chuckle and caught her in the act. Her cheeks grew red as she avoided his gaze, staring at the dripper instead. He ignored her crooked eyeliner and focused on her eyes, dark and deep.

"Like what you see?" Xiumin smirked, "Or do you like coffee that much?"

"There's really nothing to see," Chanmi crossed her arms, "I just like coffee a lot."

Xiumin held out his hand and motioned for her to take it. Her eyes blinked a million miles per hour as she held out her hand, gulping in nervousness. She felt her heart race as he placed it over the kettle, smoothing out her fingers. His hand was warm and soft on top of hers as he leaned closer, his breath minty and sweet.

"You need to make sure that the water is hot enough," His lips dangerously close, "It gives the best results."

"It-it's hot," Chanmi stammered, "I think that's good enough."

Chanmi pulled back and pretended to cool her hand. She stopped when Xiumin placed a warm hand over her forehead as he compared it to his own. He stared at her with amusement and slight worry as he let go, feeling her temperature shoot up.

"Are you sure you're not sick?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Really?"

"It's just very hot in here," She glanced at him, "Very hot."

There was an awkward pause before he laughed to himself. The water was done boiling and he held out the kettle, smiling widely at her. Chanmi furiously shook her head and made an X with her arms. The thought of spilling boiling hot water on herself was enough to make her whimper in fear. 

Xiumin walked around the counter and grabbed her hand, holding onto it tightly. He forced her to grab onto the kettle, feeling her warm back against his chest. His fingers fluttered lightly over her own and grasped them as he helped her pour. The room was silent except for Chanmi's breathing and Xiumin's soft chuckles.

"Slowly," He whispered in her ear, "You don't want to get hurt."

"Okay," She bit her lips, "I won't."

The coffee was finished and she dashed back to her seat, covering her cheeks to hide her blush. Xiumin added whip cream and handed it to her while he made his own. They drank in silence until Chanmi noticed foam on his lips. Grabbing a napkin, she reached over to wipe it off but stopped midway.

"Sorry," Chanmi smiled, "It's just that you have something there."

Xiumin leaned in closer and puckered his lips, "Go ahead."

He smiled widely as she wiped his lips, her lips frowning as she concentrated on the task. They stared at each other before Xiumin looked away. They let out soft giggle and finished drinking. 

"So how about that movie?" He leaned in, "Or should we get some dinner first?"

"I'd like that," She blushed, "Minseok-ssi."

••••••••

author's corner; 

I am seriously sorry if this chapter is short or  if there are any mistakes. I am literally high off my medication and can't think straight.  So please leave many comments and upvote if you wish!! ^^ I actually like this chapter a lot. It just screams or is that just me? Xiumin just screams on legs. Is that just me? Maybe it's just me. We have finally come to the last three: Chen, Kai and Tao. Then the real fun begins! Muahahaha. COMMENT AND UPVOTE PLEASE? Oh and please check out my new stories, 

Before I Let You Go

Under Her Skin

tumblr_n61sr7jTx21syyjq0o1_500.gif

Someone save me from this man!