Pink Apron and Cooking Mama

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

Baekhyun sat back and stared at Chanmi who ran her hands through her wild bedhair and teased it even more so that it would go all over the place. She smeared dark eyeshadow and eyeliner and painted her lips a dark red. Her clothes were tattered and hung loosely over her short frame. With a wide smile, she turned to Baekhyun and posed for him.

"How do I look?" Chanmi winked, "Good, right?"

"You look-" Baekhyun shook his head, "Terrible isn't even a proper word."

"Would you go on a second date with me?"

"Of course not."

Chanmi smiled wider and turned back to the mirror. She began fixing her hair but stopped when she saw his hand. Turning around, she let out a massive scream as Baekhyun rubbed the makeup away with a makeup tissue. They fell to the floor and he wrapped his legs around her so she wouldn't escape. Baekhyun narrowly avoided her nails and snorted once he was finished. Chanmi crawled to the corner of her bedroom and clawed at her face.

"It burns!" She whimpered, "Why did you do that!?"

"I warned you Chanmi," He pointed, "I won't let you ruin another date."

Baekhyun tossed another tissue and motioned for her to clean herself up. Her skin glowed underneath the light and her pale skin looked whiter as the makeup disappeared bit by bit. Chanmi turned around once she was finished and ignored Baekhyun as she stared at the wall.

"I hate you."

"I know."

She glanced at him and snarled, "Why did you do that?"

"Because you looked terrible," He sighed, "And you're going on a date."

"But I don't want to go on a date with him."

"Why?"

Chanmi crawled into a ball and rocked back and forth as she stared at the ceiling. She could feel Baekhyun slide next to her and she took a deep breath. Her eyes locked onto his and she rested her head on the crook of his neck. They sat there for a long time until he pushed her slightly away.

"Because of my brother," Chanmi frowned, "He did something to me when we were younger."

"What?" Baekhyun gulped, "What do you mean?"

"He... he forced me to clean for him."

Baekhyun let out a huge sigh and lightly smacked her forehead. There was a huge amount of relief once Chanmi had uttered those words. The one thing he was afraid of was girls crying. It either made his heart break or his head ache. He laughed softly to himself as he pictured a young Chanmi.

"And?" He shrugged, "That doesn't sound so bad."

"Doesn't sound so bad!?" She stood up, "Try cleaning a boy's bedroom!"

"So what happened? Why are you so scared?"

Chanmi settled herself on top of her bed and clapped her hands, "It all started when I was 10 years old. I was still young and naive. My brother was someone I looked up to," Her eyes narrowed, "Until he decided to lie to me," She waved her hands around, "My brother decided it would be funny and say that if I didn't clean his room, then I would grow ugly and stupid," Chanmi frowned, "I was scared that I would grow ugly- I mean I'm not even that good-looking in the first place- so I cleaned and cleaned until my hands ached."

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed and he blinked, "That's it? That's why you dislike someone who cleans so much?"

"That's not a good reason?"

"Of course not."

She rubbed the back of her neck and frowned, "Really? Even if I did it for a whole year before my mom told me?"

Baekhyun coughed and patted his chest in surprise, "It took you a whole year to figure it out!?"

"I told you I'm not the brightest crayon in the box."

"Yah!" He laughed, "I guess he was right after all. You did grow stupid!"

Chanmi stood up and grabbed Baekhyun by the ear and pushed him out of her room. She locked the door and pulled out her clothes from her closet. The door rattled as he pounded on the door, his laughs growing louder as she yelled at him.

"Chanmi!" Baekhyun complained, "I only mentioned stupid. You're still pretty!"

"Go away!" Chanmi yelled, "I'll show you that I'm not stupid!"

••••••••

D.O stood waiting by the glass door, looking at his watch every once in a while. He had arrived early at the small restaurant, a small metal box by his side. Couples were pouring inside the restaurant, smiling widely as they slipped into cute aprons. He would have been doing the same except for the fact that his date was running late.

"Where is she?" He murmured, "Did I get stood up?"

He turned to grab his case but stopped when someone cried out. D.O looked up to see a girl struggling to get to his feet after she tripped over her heels. She stood up and bowed at him before brushing back her hair. Her eyes lit up as she smiled widely at him. Except for a bit of eyeliner, she had almost no makeup. Her bright blue sweater constrasted with her pale skin and dark hair.

"I'm sorry," Her voice was sweet and soft, "There was so much traffic."

"It's fine," D.O automatically smiled, "I just got here."

D.O led her inside and handed her a light pink apron before slipping into his own. He looked up and chuckled as she struggled to put it on, the static of her sweater making it impossible. Without thinking, D.O wrapped the apron tightly around her waist before reaching for her neck. He brushed back her hair but stopped when their fingers touched as he buttoned it. She cleared and looked away as she felt her face grow red.

"I'm Park Chanmi," She blushed, "And you must be..."

"Do Kyungsoo," He nodded, "But you can call me D.O."

"D.O. That's a really cool nickname."

"Thank you."

Chanmi watched in awe as D.O took out his case, placing his knives on the counter. He quickly set up the equipment, humming to himself as he placed water to boil. There was a slight movement and he noticed Chanmi standing next to him, reading the recipe in front of them. She nudged him for him to hand her a pan and smiled when he shook his head.

"I'm supposed to cook for you," D.O murmured, "You can just sit back and relax."

"No," Chanmi shook her head, "How am I supposed to relax when everyone else is cooking?"

D.O looked around the room and blinked when he noticed the couples getting close and giggling as they cooked together. He jumped in surprise as Chanmi grabbed his hand, wincing as she held rubbed it. She whimpered softly as he pulled her to the sink, running cold water over her hand. He had gotten too close to the fire and had almost burned himself but was saved when she pulled him back.

"Yah!" D.O scolded, "You should have been more careful!"

"You should have watched out," Chanmi argued, "You're the one cooking."

Chanmi pouted as she sat back down, her eyes focused on D.O's lips as he rubbed ointment on her burn. His fingers fluttered lightly over her hand as he wrapped it before going back to cooking. He glanced at her every once in a while, making sure she wasn't hurt or bored. 

"I'm sorry," D.O whispered, "You got hurt because of me."

"It's okay," Chanmi giggled, "It's not the first time I've gotten hurt before."

D.O chuckled and nodded before sitting down in front of her. He reached out to stir the soup and motioned for her to come closer. Chanmi leaned in and pointed at . She poked his side and rubbed her stomach and blinked innocently.

"I want to taste it."

"It's not even ready yet."

"Please?" She pouted, "I got burned because of you."

"Don't get mad at me if it tastes bad," He warned, "I clearly told you."

Chanmi nodded and opened wider. D.O scooped some soup for her and blew on it before feeding it to her. Her eyes widened and she gasped in delight. Instinctively, she held out another spoon and motioned for him to eat some too.

"Please don't ever get married," Chanmi begged, "I need you in my life."

"You like it that much?" D.O laughed, "I haven't even started yet."

"You are utterly amazing."

"Thank you."

D.O blushed as she leaned in closer, feeling her breath hot on his neck. He looked up and stared wide eyed as Chanmi pulled him down and forced him to sit. She tied up her hair and revealed her long pale neck and a small mole. She rolled up her sleeves and cracked her knuckles as she turned back to him.

"I can also cook D.O-ssi," Chanmi winked, "Just sit back and relax."

••••••••

"I think this is basil."

Chanmi tapped her chin before sprinkling dried leaves over the boiling soup (if you could even call it that). Unlike D.O who knew every spice and oil and the ratio to them, Chanmi would dump whatever she thought belonged and pray for the best. 

So much for that certificate in Korean cooking.

"I-I think it looks right," D.O murmured with frustrated eyes, "It should be basil."

But it wasn't.

"I think so too."

She reached out to toss in the large chunks of meat before slipping them inside the soup. D.O closed the lid and chuckled when he saw Chanmi struggling to tie back her hair. He stood up and gathered up her locks and tied them with a small piece of plastic lying around.

"Do you need help?" He looked at her, "You're not tired yet?"

"No!" Chanmi breathed, "I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm almost finished."

But she wasn't.

Chanmi nudged D.O back to his seat and quickly finished making the batter for pancakes. After almost an hour of scrambling here and there, she was finally finished with her food. With a gentle smile and nervous laugh, Chanmi set out the dishes she had created in front of D.O.

"I'm sorry if this doesn't taste good," She sighed, "It's been forever since I've actually cooked."

"I'm sure it's fine."

D.O tried not to frown as he opened the lid of the soup. There was a nauseating smell as he wrinkled his nose. His fingers trembled as he swirled the soup around, unfamiliar pieces of vegetables and weird looking meat. He could feel his throat start to close up but stopped when he heard humming. 

Chanmi was humming softly to herself as she cleaned up, her fingers moving expertly as she scrubbed and dried the dirty dishes. She smiled at D.O when she noticed him staring at her in wonder. He took a deep breath and ate a spoonful of her soup. His eyes bolted in shock and he felt a shiver run through his body.

"Chanmi-ssi?" 

"Yeah?"

"Please don't ever get married," D.O smiled widely, "I need you in my life."

"Wait..." Chanmi blinked, "It's good? You're not lying?"

"It's amazing."

"Thank you."

D.O held out some for her and she giggled softly as he fed her slowly. She rested her head  on the table and stared as he finished everything. Her hair fell over her face and before she could brush it back, his fingers were already there. He retied her hair and began to clean up. Chanmi frowned when he forced her to sit down, his large eyes shining.

"Just relax," He nodded, "It's the least I can do."

"Are you sure?" She asked, "I don't mind."

Chanmi watched as D.O cleaned up the table and dishes. Her eyes landed on his case of knives and she hurried to clean them. They started to playfully fight as they threw water at each other. Noticing stares, they immediately stopped and left with their aprons slung over their shoulders. She was holding onto his case as he held onto a bag of leftovers.

"Did you have fun?" D.O spoke up, "I didn't mean to make you cook."

"It was fun," Chanmi grinned, "I'm just glad you liked the food."

They walked in silence as they headed to the bookstore. Chanmi blushed as they stepped inside, dirt and random papers lying around. She turned to D.O before snapping her fingers, running around the aisles before grabbing a book. She wordlessly handed it to him along with the case.

"I thought you would like that," She pointed at a recipe, "It's supposed to be good for your health."

"Really?" He nodded, "We can make it next time then."

"Next time?"

D.O chuckled softly as he handed her back the case. He leaned in closer and brushed back her hair before walking outside, the cook book in his hands. He waved goodbye as he called out her name.

"Now we have to meet again," He pointed at the case, "No matter what."

••••••••

"What are you doing?"

"Can't you see?"

Baekhyun shook his head as he walked to the bathroom, rummaging around until he found the first aid kit. He rested his head on top of it as he observed Chanmi struggling to cook. Her body moved at an amazing speed as she dashed back and forth.  Bottles of spices were lying across the counter alongside rotting vegetables.

"Can you believe he gave me this just so we can see each other again?" Chanmi laughed, "That must mean he liked me right!?"

"I'm not sure Chanmi," Baekhyun sighed, "And just because you keep repeating it, doesn't mean I'll know the answer."

"You should have seen him oppa. His big eyes and thick lips!"

"Again, I don't know the answer."

Baekhyun went back to his phone, looking at the long list of nearby restaurants that delivered. The moment Chanmi had gotten home, she had forced him to sit as she cooked. It wasn't that he didn't trust her but he just didn't want to take a chance. A blind man had a better chance of cooking something better than clumsy Chanmi. Baekhyun loved himself too much to put his body through an experiment that could go wrong at any moment.

"Do you like Chinese food or Japanese food?" He looked up, "Or fried chicken?"

"I like anything with meat," She turned around, "Why?"

"I was kind of in the mood for pizza..."

"I don't know how to make that," Chanmi cleaned her hands on her pink apron, "Isn't that American?"

"I thought it was Italian."

"Same thing."

Chanmi turned back to her soup and dumped more ingredients inside. She picked up the knives delicately and giggled every time she cut through something. Once she had finished preparing everything, she headed to the wall and made a large check mark on D.O's profile.

"I almost made a huge mistake," Chanmi patted her shoulder, "I almost let juicy lips go without a chance."

"I'm not even going to ask," Baekhyun shuddered, "You need to stop giving people nicknames."

"Trust me, I could have come up with something worse."

"And I believe you."

Baekhyun sat down besides her and handed her some snacks. They stared in silence at the profiles as they ate, the sound of Pororo's snoring filling the room. Chanmi stared at Sehun's picture and felt her body tingle.

"He looks mean," She whispered, "But I can't seem to look away."

"Sehun-ssi?" He nodded, "I can totally see bad boy written all over him."

Chanmi giggled and covered her face, "Do you think he'll wear really tight clothes where you can see everything?" She felt her face go red, "Like everything?"

"I don't know or care. I don't even know why you think that."

"Girls think about those things all the time," She leaned in closer, "And I mean all the time."

She thumped his forehead and ran towards the kitchen, screaming his name at the top of her lungs. They sat down to eat and Chanmi stared at Baekhyun, her eyes twitching as she watched him hold a spoon to his mouth. Motioning for him to eat it, he took a large bite and swallowed it.

"Chanmi?" Baekhyun looked up, "I-I..."

'Marry you? Too bad oppa, I'm already getting married', Chanmi smiled to herself.

"Don't you dare cook ever again."

••••••••

author's corner;

I honestly have no idea what to say. I never thought I would ever get featured but here we are. I am so happy that so many of you have subscribed and upvoted and commented. I literally cried when I saw so many appreciating this story since I never dreamed of continuing writing here. There are no words to describe what I'm feeling but just know that all of you have inspired me to write more and try to break out of my shell. So please leave many comments and upvote if you wish!! ^^ Sehun will be on next and then Xiumin and Lay!!! Hmmm... maybe we should make this fic more interactive. What should the next date be like?? Also, I just realized that this fic will be kind of long since I don't want to rush anything. I hope you guys don't mind! ^^

As a small present I might make another fic but you guys can decide who you want from EXO. I'm not too sure whether it will be fluffy or angsty but I will work hard to write for all of you! ^^

And I will leave you all with my favorite gif of my Suho

boogerbrain95

#gangstasuhoisgangsta

P.S D.O was just being nice. Chanmi is terrible at cooking. I'll explain next chapter.