Make A Choice

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

“What are you doing here so early?”

”The date ended a bit early.”

”Why?”

Chanmi stared down at her bag and struggled to come up with a legitimate excuse. It wasn’t her first time that her date ended early but this was different. Now that she felt something strange for Baekhyun it was hard for her to even talk, let alone come up with a story.

”What happened to your bag? Did something happen? Did he do anything to you?”

Baekhyun reached towards her bag and placed it on the ground. He pulled her hands over and started to pull the sleeves up when Chanmi yanked her hands away. She quickly grabbed her bag and stepped back. They stared at each other for a few seconds before she smiled widely.

”Nothing happened. In fact everything is perfect. I told Minseok that we weren’t made for each other. I guess I realized I shouldn’t be looking for just any guy who might like me.”

”Any guy?” Baekhyun frowned, “What do you mean?”

”I mean that I want someone who will like me for me. Not just a guy who likes a girl with a ‘nice personality.’”

Baekhyun grew more confused and sighed when he saw Chanmi walking towards the apartment building until she stopped. Her bag had lost the fight and all of her things spilled onto the ground. She crouched down and sighed when Baekhyun crouched down to help her. This had to be the most embarrassing day of her life. Well, maybe not THE most embarrassing day but it was definitely top 3.

”Just throw the bag away Chanmi. It can't be fixed.”

"I can fix it."

"No you can't. Don't waste your time on something that can't be fixed."

Chanmi stood up and wiped away her tears before Baekhyun could see. She snatched her bag away from his hands. He looked at her with wide eyes as she took a deep breath. He stepped back when she turned towards him.

"So why are you here?"

"What?"

Chanmi let out a laugh, "You should take your own advice Baekhyun. Don't waste your time on something that can't be fixed."

"Chanmi what are you talking about?" Baekhyun sighed, "What happened now?"

"Why are you still helping me? Aren't you tired?"

"Of what?"

Chanmi started laughing as her tears rolled down her face. She was tired. Tired of pretending of being fine. Tired of who she was. She was so sick of what she had become and the fact that she couldn't even fix herself. Baekhyun was right. Why should she waste her time on something that can't be fixed?

"Chanmi what's wrong?" Baekhyun stared as she wiped her face, "Why are you crying?"

No. He was wrong. She didn't have to fix who she was.

"Stop trying to fix me. Stop telling me who to be."

"Are you talking about the dates? About what I taught you?"

"Yes. Just let me be."

Baekhyun reached towards her but she walked past him. He watched as she entered the building without looking back at him. Baekhyun rubbed his head as he thought about what he had said. What the hell just happened? Why did Chanmi start crying? He looked down at his phone as it rang and cursed when he realized he was late for his meeting. Baekhyun ignored the call and walked towards the apartment when he saw Chanmi walk out with several shopping bags before getting onto a taxi.

"Chanmi! Where are you going!?"

He began to run after her but stopped when his phone rang again. He let out a curse and got into his car. Baekhyun struggled to come up with a reason why she was acting this way. Did she want to stop the dates? Is there someone she likes but got rejected? What the hell was her problem?

Baekhyun looked up to see the taxi turn a corner and he could feel the urge to chase after her. He started his car but stopped when he stared back at his phone. If he goes after her he'll lose his chances of expanding his business. But if he didn't, he could lose Chanmi. He took a deep breath as he pushed on the accelerator.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Baekhyun turned into the garage and quickly parked his car before stepping out. He straightened out his tie and smoothed his jacket before walking towards the elevators. He could feel the adrenaline finally kicking in and it took his entire strength not to collapse right then and there.

He looked at his watch and sighed when he realized he was late. The elevator finally came and he stepped inside with a fierce determination. His hand tightened on his phone as it began to ring, the noise filling the elevator. The doors finally opened and his eyes landed on the girl waiting.

"Byun Baekhyun, are you crazy!?"

"Hi Eunji, sorry I'm late."

"You should be. We've been waiting for 20 minutes to start the meeting."

"Let's go," Baekhyun's voice faltered, "Let's do this."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Hello, how may I help you?"

Chanmi stared blankly at the lady behind the counter. She looked down at the bags on the floor and at the torn purse in her arms. It probably didn't help that her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"I was hoping to meet Kris."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Actually I don't."

"May I have a name?"

"Chanmi. Park Chanmi."

Chanmi awkwardly smiled as the lady frowned. She watched as she dialed a number, secretly praying that no one would pick up. All the courage she had completely vanished the moment she entered the building. She could feel people staring at her, her outfit completely out of place in a lobby full of designer brands. It also didn't help that the bags on the floor contained clothes that cost more than her rent.

"I'm sorry but our CEO is out on a lunch meeting and I'm not sure when he will be back."

"I see."

"Would you like to make an appointment?"

"Sure, I guess. When is he available?"

"I can make a request with his secretary but it looks like the earliest will be sometime in April."

"April? April 2019? 6 months from now?"

"Yes."

Chanmi let out a laugh as she processed what she said. 6 months!? How the hell was she supposed to make it until April!? She bowed at the lady before picking up the bags off the floor. Her mind wandered as the momentum she had from her argument with Baekhyun just vanished. That tiny boost of confidence was gone. She was so out of it that she didn't realize she had crashed onto someone until it was too late.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see you!"

"It's okay. Accidents happen."

Chanmi reached for her bag when she felt a warm hand over hers. She looked up to see Kris smiling at her as he grabbed them from her. She quickly stood up and forced a smile. The entire lobby was quiet except for her nervous laugh and beating heart.

"This is a surprise," Kris laughed, "Our date isn't until Sunday."

"It is isn't it?" Chanmi's voice grew higher, "Actually I wanted to talk to you about something important."

"Of course. Let's go to my office."

Chanmi's face turned red as everyone stared at the tiny girl with a ripped purse and old clothes. They stared in disbelief as Kris grabbed her hand and gently led her towards the elevators. It was enough to make her want to crawl under a rock and live there forever.

"Just kill me," She cursed, "Let this be the end."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

author's corner;

I am so sorry for not updating sooner. School is killing me and I finally have a day off from exams and homework. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and let me know what you think. I will try my best to update as soon as possible but nursing school isn't exactly helping. Hopefully no one is too upset at Baekhyun in this chapter!

Please upvote and subscribe if you enjoyed this chapter! If you do unsubscribe, please let me know (in message) why you did and how I can improve the story/my writing. Have a wonderful week everyone! I love you!

Image result for doctor who gif