Buy One, Get One Free

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

Baekhyun stared at her face, her wide brown eyes curved into a crescent moon. Her aegyo sal stuck out as she blinked her circled lenses back into place. She brushed back her thick wavy hair over her shoulders and her clavicle grew noticable as she stretched her shoulders back. The girl her lips and smiled widely as she touched his hand.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Excuse me?"

The girl chuckled softly and shook her head, "You weren't listening to a word I was saying, were you?"

Baekhyun slipped his hand out of hers and cleared his throat, "Sorry, it's just you look like someone I knew."

"I get that all the time."

"So Ms. Kwon, you said that looks weren't a priority?"

He glanced down at his notepad and circled some words. His office door creaked open and Eunji stepped inside with a tray in her hands. She carefully placed a glass of cold water in front of the girl but stopped when she cleared .

"I'm sorry but do you have anything that doesn't make you bloat?" Ms. Kwon smiled, "I hope you don't mind."

"Something that doesn't make you bloat?" Eunji scoffed silently, "Besides water?"

"Yeah, maybe like some cold soda?" She blinked, "I'm on a diet and it helps me not bloat as much."

"Sure, I'll get you a cold soda."

Eunji turned to look at Baekhyun and rolled her eyes as she laughed to herself. He winked at her before turning back to his client. He loosened his tie as he glanced at the clock. It was his 10th appointment and it was barely lunchtime. The clock as it silently ticked, taunting him by how slow it was going. His fingers tightened around his pencil and he went back to the list in front of him.

He glanced back at the girl in front of her and frowned slightly as he turned to look at her better. Her eyes were too big and wide for her small face. Her chin was sharp enough to pop a balloon while her lips were plump and stiff. She smiled at him and he immediately noticed the too white teeth that were perfectly straight.

'Silly ByunBaek, it's definitely not her.'

"As I was saying Ms. Kwon," Baekyun's business-like voice popped out, "You're looking for someone financially stable and...?"

"That's it," She hummed, "I don't really care about anything else."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. As long as he's rich enough to pay for what I need, then I'm fine with anything else."

"I see. That's all I need to know then. I'll contact you when I have scheduled a date for you."

Baekhyun stood up and buttoned his jacket as smiled as she stood up. He shook her hand and winced slightly when her sharp nails dug into his palm. Her heels clicked as she picked up her Birkin bag and sauntered outside his office. Eunji bowed silently as she stepped inside, holding the cold soda in her hands.

"Well that was interesting."

"And it's only lunchtime."

Eunji kicked her heels off and sat down on the nearby couch. Baekhyun took off his jacket and shoes before sitting next to her. They stared silently in front of the wall before opening the soda. 

"I hear it helps you not bloat as much if you're on a diet," She chuckled, "I should try it out."

"That's nothing compared to yesterday. Some girl thought that she was going blind because the room gets dark whenever she closes her eyes."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and burst out laughing as Eunji choked on the soda. She smacked his head as she ran out the room to clean herself. He glanced back at the clock and took out his phone. There were no messages or missed calls. 

"What are you doing?"

"What?"

Eunji narrowed his eyes as she stared at him. There were several menus in her hand and she quickly ordered food. Baekhyun glanced back at his phone and restarted it. He looked to see a small smirk on his cousin's face.

"She's not going to call anytime soon," She flipped her hair, "Apparently she accidentally broke it."

"What?" He frowned, "What are you talking about?"

"Chanmi. She called this morning because she didn't know where she needed to go for her date."

"That does sound like her. Did she make it there all right?"

Eunji shrugged, "How would I know? I can't call or text her."

Baekhyun slowly nodded and slipped his phone back inside his pocket. He went to grab the food that had just arrived and quickly ate. He pushed Eunji out and smoothed his dress shirt. The sooner he finished with work, the faster he could leave.

••••••••

"We have a special promotion exclusively for couples. Buy one get one free."

The cell phone store was full of couples as they glanced over the phones on display. Chanmi hunched her back and moved between the large crowd. She awkwardly smiled at the employee in front of her as she skimmed over the latest phones.

"I accidentally broke my phone and wanted to get a new one," Chanmi murmured, "Can I get this one please?"

"Of course!" The employee clapped her hands, "And is the other one for your boyfriend?"

"Huh? No, I only need one."

"But you're going to miss out on the sale! It's better for you to get both and save more."

The employee gently pulled Chanmi to another display and picked up two phones. One was in a light pink shade while the other was a sea green color. She held it up to Chanmi's face and smiled widely. 

"The pink one looks so nice on you."

"It's a phone."

The employee chuckled, "And it goes perfect with you."

Chanmi bit her lip and looked around the store before landing on more simple types. Her eyes landed on a dark grey one and she walked towards it. The employee eagerly followed after her, silently murmuring to herself on getting an easy buyer.

"Is there a specific type you're looking for?"

"I just need a simple one but an oppa," She stopped, "A friend has a business and tends to have a lot of meetings. Is there a phone that he can use?"

She smiled when the employee quickly handed her the phone she needed. Chanmi bowed as she left, carrying her new phone and the small bag with the second phone as she walked home.

••••••••

"Where are you going?"

Eunji stared at Baekhyun as he scrambled to find his keys. He whimpered when he hit his head on his desk after finding them underneath it. He waved goodbye at her as he headed to his car. The street was quiet as he slipped inside his car. He turned to buckle his seatbelt until a bright light caught his eye. With a soft smile, he got out and took his wallet.

••••••••

"Who is it?"

Chanmi ran towards the door and opened it slightly. Her eyes grew wide when she noticed Baekhyun rubbing the back of his neck. She opened the door wider and motioned for him to come in. 

"What are you doing here?"

Baekhyun held up a take out bag and walked towards the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed a bowl of rice and a bowl of soup. He turned to look at her with curious eyes and tilted his head to the side. 

"Since when did you eat real food?" He asked, "I thought you couldn't cook."

"It's not real food," She shrugged, "I just warmed it up again."

Chanmi noticed the bag and pulled out the food, quickly placing another bowl for Baek. She sat down and began to eat, ignoring his stare. He started to eat but something caught his eye. He stood up and picked up the small bag on top of the fridge.

"What is this?"

Baekhyun squirmed away when Chanmi turned towards him, desperately trying to snatch the bag away. He blocked her hits and finally pulled out the box with a small bow and card attached to it. She stopped hitting him when he managed to get it open.

"To Baek oppa, I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I'll try my best to help you."

"You weren't supposed to see it, it was supposed to be a surprise."

"Really? I'm sorry."

Chanmi pulled out her phone and showed him, "There was a sale."

"Oh okay," Baekhyun nodded, "It was nice of you to get me one."

He smiled awkwardly as he looked at the bag on the counter. Inside the bag of food, he had secretly hid his own present for her. Baekhyun walked towards the kitchen and pretended to look for a snack. He quickly grabbed the phone and hid it inside his jacket.

"How was your date?" 

"Huh?"

"I heard that you didn't know where it was at. Eunji told me."

"Ms. Song? Song unni?" She frowned, "Why?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, "I guess she was worried about you."

He fiddled with her gift before turning it on, moving his contacts to the new one. Chanmi smiled widely as he slipped it back into his pocket. She pulled out her phone and took a picture of him secretly.

"Did you save your contacts?" Baekhyun looked up, "Just in case of an emergency."

"I didn't have any," Chanmi shook her head, "I only remembered yours."

Baekhyun swallowed when she turned to look at him, her eyelids fluttering lightly. Chanmi turned back to her phone and played around with it. He chuckled softly to himself as he took off his jacket, his eyes never leaving her face. 

"Why just mine?"

Chanmi turned towards him and blinked, "Who else takes care of me besides you?"

••••••••

author's corner; important

So I finally managed to update! Again, sorry if this seemed short or bad but I promise to do better! I'm really sorry for not updating in almost a month but life hasn't been going so well. I'll probably be updating within this week again so stay tuned! Also, if you see missing chapters, it'll be because I'm probably going to combine short chapters with longer ones. So feel free to comment, upvote and well... comment some more! OH! I will be doing a small FAQ for this story so click HERE to be directed to the blog post. You can leave any questions, comments or concerns regarding HIMBB. Then I will answer them in another blog post. See you there!

Also, I am hosting a writing contest so please check it out HERE!
Another thing I want to say is that I am thinking of writing an Orange Is The New Black (for those of you who have seen it) AU. I'm still not sure. In the meantime check out my Chen story HERE! Also feel free to check out my other stories as well!