Cleaning Products and Bloody Noses

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Chanmi? Are you home?"

Baekhyun stepped into the house and frowned when Pororo was the only one to greet him. The house was quiet and all the lights were off. He headed to the living room and the lights. His eyes grew wide when he noticed how clean it was. The living room was cleared except for a corner where Pororo's bed was. He all the lighs and gasped when he saw that the rest of the house was clean as well.

"What the hell? Did Chanmi do all this?"

He grabbed his phone and walked towards the door when he noticed a small note stuck on the kitchen table. He reached for it and sighed when he saw it. Chanmi not only had terrible habits but bad penmanship as well. He sat down to decipher the note only to throw it away. Baekhyun reached for his phone to call her.

'The caller is unable to take your call. Please leave a message.'

"Chanmi? Where are you? Is everything okay?"

Baekhyun paced back and forth and his breathing grew uneven when he noticed the time. He grabbed his coat and headed for the door. He quickly slipped on his shoes and kneeled down to pat Pororo who followed after him.

"I'll be back okay?" Baekhyun sighed, "I'm just going to make sure Chanmi is okay."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Excuse me! I have a quick question!"

Chanmi waved her hand in the air to get the worker to notice her. She stared down at the two bottles in front of her and frowned as she tried to read the ingredients on the label. She had always thought the most important thing about a cleaner would be the smell not the fighting power. Then again, it's been almost two years since she's deeply cleaned the house.

"How can I help you?"

Chanmi turned to stare at the young worker who smiled widely at her. Her eyes were a light brown framed with glasses. Her long light brown hair fell into waves. She turned to see the men staring at her in wonder. Chanmi looked down at her worn out jeans, large sweater and old shoes. She smiled softly when she noticed her white canvas bag on the floor.

"I was just wondering which one would work better on cleaning my bathroom."

"Well personally, I prefer this one. It works really well on old stains but I would be careful since it can be irritating to the skin."

"Thank you."

The worker bowed deeply before heading back to to the counter. Chanmi's eyes followed after her and watched as men tried to get her attention. She sighed in jealousy when she noticed how hot many of them were. She quickly paid for her items before heading out.

The night air had gotten colder and she shivered when she realized her sweater didn't do much to block the wind. She wrapped her arms around her tighter but jumped when she felt something warm. 

"Why didn't you bring a jacket?"

Baekhyun shook his head as he pulled Chanmi closer and zipped up his jacket. He frowned when he noticed her eyes were a bit swollen and red, wondering if she had cried. Chanmi's cheeks grew red and she pulled back, covering her face with her hands.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you. I was home and saw you were gone."

Chanmi's face grew redder, "I left a note."

"I couldn't read your handwriting," Baekhyun scoffed.

"It can't be that bad."

Chanmi wrapped his jacket closer and turned to stare at Baekhyun. His eyes were tired and she noticed the dark circles underneath them. His once fitted suit jacket hung a little too loosely. Baekhyun looked different than before.

"How did you find me by the way?" She grew curious, "If you couldn't read my handwriting."

"Easy. You're too lazy to walk far."

Baekhyun laughed as Chanmi reached out to hit him, missing him by an inch. She rolled her eyes as they walked back to the apartment. Her breath caught when she felt his hand touch hers as he reached for her bag. It was enough to make her heart race and her breathing faster. She stared at her bag and took a deep breath. 

"Chanmi, about this morning..."

"We don't have to talk about it."

"We do. I'm really-"

Chanmi stopped and turned towards Baekhyun. She knew that if they started talking she would crumble. All her strength would be over. It was the first time in a long time that she set her mind to something. She wasn't going to let Baekhyun ruin it for her.

"I don't want to talk about it," Chanmi forced a smile, "It's fine. I'm fine."

Baekhyun slowly nodded as he watched her walk away. He sighed as he followed after her. The walk home was quiet and the awkwardness was almost to hard to bear. He struggled to come up with something to say.

"So where did you go this afternoon?"

"To meet Kris. I gave him back the presents he gave me and called off the date."

"Why? I thought you liked him."

Chanmi kept quiet, the pain in her stomach coming back from remembering what happened. She could tell Baekhyun was struggling on what to say next but she was too tired to say anything. His mind was racing on what to say until he noticed the bag he was carrying.

"So what did you buy at the store?" Baekhyun smiled, "Food?"

"No. I didn't realize I didn't have a bathroom cleaning product."

"Cleaning product?"

Chanmi nodded and shrugged. The moment she had gotten home, she scrubbed her apartment clean. From the kitchen to the living room, she cleaned until her back hurt. All she needed to clean was her bathroom. 

"You cleaned the house!? You!?"

"Why is that so weird?"

"Because it's not the Chanmi I know."

'Maybe you don't know me all that well.'

"The entire house?" Baekhyun gasped, "Even your room?"

Baekhyun winced when he bumped into Chanmi who had stopped. She looked at him and he couldn't figure out the look in her eyes. He frowned when she smiled widely. She shook her head as she fake laughed.

"I'm too lazy to clean it. Besides, you can't even see the mess if I just close the door."

They reached the apartment and stepped into the elevators. They finally got home and Chanmi headed to her room. Baekhyun walked towards the living room and sat down on the couch. There was something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Something had changed but he had no idea what.

"It's late already," Chanmi yawned, "I'll clean the bathroom tomorrow morning."

"I can do it if you want," Baekhyun offered, "You must be tired from cleaning."

"No, it's fine. I want to do it."

Chanmi smiled softly as she waved goodnight. Baekhyun smiled as he did the same. He gave Pororo a belly rub before heading off to his room. He was exhausted from this morning and it didn't help having Eunji yell at him after the meeting for being late. Baekhyun slipped inside his bed and sighed when he felt the warmth of the blankets.

"I just need a good night's sleep and I'll be back to my old self."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"VVS my diamonds, I don't need no light to shine!!"

Baekhyun's eyes flew open when he heard screaming and something breaking. He ran outside his room to find Chanmi with headphones on in the bathroom, her singing sounding more like screaming. He rubbed his head to calm himself down. She looked up at him and smiled as she waved her scrubber in the air.

"Did I wake you up!?" Chanmi screamed, "I was trying to be as quiet as possible!"

Baekhyun shook his head and sighed when he noticed it was barely eight in the morning. Chanmi went back to scrubbing the floors, trying to get the grime off. He kneeled down and took off her headphones.

"Chanmi, it's eight in the morning."

"And?"

"Why are you screaming?"

"Screaming?" Chanmi's eyebrows furrowed, "You mean singing?"

"If you can call it that."

Chanmi rolled her eyes and went back to cleaning. She scrubbed the floors again but cried out when the bathroom liquid spilled onto her shirt. She could feel her chest start to hurt and rushed to the sink. Baekhyun was at her side instantly and reached for her shirt.

"What are you doing!?" Chanmi cried out, "Where are you touching!?"

"You need to take it off or else it'll burn you." Baekhyun argued, "Besides, I won't look."

Chanmi watched as Baekhyun turned around, holding out a towel. She winced in pain as she slipped off her shirt. She reached for the towel but stopped when it fell onto the ground. She looked up to see Baekhyun on the ground, holding onto his face. Her eyes grew wider when she noticed blood coming from his nose. Chanmi looked up to see someone standing above him, fists clenched and a fire in his eyes.

"Oppa!" Chanmi screamed, "What are you doing here!?"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

 

author's corner;

I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I finally finished my finals this week which means I have about a week before I have to go back to school. I really want to finish the story soon but I just keep getting so many ideas. I didn't want to make it too long but I have no idea how I can finish the story without a bad ending. So hopefully no one minds the story being longer than usual. (I should have just done 3-4 members instead of all of them- former and current members)

P.S WHO IS THIS MYSTERIOUS GUY!?

Please upvote and subscribe if you enjoyed this chapter! If you do unsubscribe, please let me know (in message) why you did and how I can improve the story/my writing. Have a wonderful week everyone! I love you!

Image result for eating popcorn gif