Chensing Machine

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Yah! Jongdae! What are you doing!?"

The boy with the terrible middle part looked up from mopping the floor and turned to look at his manager. He could feel his blood boil as he stared at the young kid, the signs of puberty still on his face. It was bad enough that he was a part-timer at a karaoke joint but having a manager younger than him was the cherry on top of a pile of dog . 

"What? Jongdae!?"

The manager held up his arms and shook his head furiously, "I meant Hyung! Jongdae hyung!"

Jongdae moved towards him and held up the mop, threatening to hit him with it. With a loud sigh, he forced himself to smile when he realized that he couldn't risk getting fired. It was a pain in the taking orders from a kid who could barely speak but he needed the job. Who else would let him live here and still pay him?

He playfully slapped the boy's head and went back to mopping. Jongdae whistled as he moved his body around, teasing his manager by rubbing his body against him. The manager left in embarrassment, laughing as he grabbed his jacket.

"Hyung! Good luck on your date!" He yelled, "And remember to close up!"

Jongdae waved his hand and shut the door tightly before closing the blinds. He made his way to the back and opened his bedroom door. It was a small closet-like room with a small bed and a pile of clothes in the corner. There was a large poster of Girls' Generation on the wall and a small mirror. It was the only thing he could afford after leaving his hometown; he had promised to return with glory after making a lot of money and a getting married to a hot wife.

Jongdae laid down on his bed and yawned as he checked the clock on the wall. There was only 30 minutes left to his date and he stood up. He grabbed the pile of clothes and sniffed them, wincing when the not so pleasant smell reached his nose. After finding a somewhat decent outfit he made his way to the bathroom and the sink. There was a small bar of soap and he rubbed it all over his hair and body. After making sure he was clean he quickly changed and went to the front, a wide smile on his face.

"Huh?" He frowned, "There's still 15 minutes left."

Before he could decide on what to do next, there was a soft knock on the door followed by an even softer voice. Jongdae peeked quietly as he pulled back the blinds. There was a young girl standing by the door, her nose wrinkled as she glanced through the window. Their eyes locked and she let out a scream. He quickly pulled open the door and grabbed her wrist.

"Are you okay?" Jongdae asked, "Did I scare you?"

"Huh?" She looked up, "No, I just thought no one was here since the door was locked."

"Sorry, I didn't know you would come so early."

"Early? You're the one who's late. I was waiting for about 15 minutes."

Jongdae stared at her in confusion until she pulled out her phone. It was 7:15 and he was late for his date. He let out an awkward laugh as he opened the door wider. The girl bowed slightly as she slipped inside the small building. They stared at each other in silence unsure on what to talk about. Jongdae cleared his throat and motioned to the hallway full of rooms to sing in.

"I rented this place so we can have some fun," He smiled, "I wasn't really sure if you would like it."

"I don't mind," She smiled wider, "But just a small warning: I'm a terrible singer."

"And I'm a terrible dancer."

"I'm Chanmi. Park Chanmi."

"I'm Kim Jongdae. But you can call me Chen."

••••••••

"Who else takes care of me besides you?"

Baekhyun shook his head once more as he stared blankly at the wall in front of him. There was something in the way that Chanmi said it. Unlike the usual happy and somewhat annoying Chanmi he knew, he was scared of the quiet and sad one he just saw. He snapped his fingers and pushed the intercom. Eunji stepped inside and sat down on the couch, motioning for Baekhyun to come closer.

"What now?" She crossed her arms, "This is like the 10th you called me in before sending me out."

"Who else takes care of me besides you?"

"What?"

Baekhyun jumped on the couch and turned to face her, "If someone said that to you, what would you make of that?"

"Who else takes care of me besides you?"

"Yeah."

Eunji tapped her chin as she thought about his question. It could only mean two things: a girl was flirting with Baekhyun or a girl was sending a sign to him. She turned to look at him and chuckled when she saw him copying her expression. Unlike what people thought of him, Baekhyun wasn't exactly all there in the head.

"Why? Who said that to you? Chanmi?"

"What!?" Baekhyun shook his head furiously, "A-A-A client asked me after his date. He doesn't know what to do and asked me for some advice."

"Right..." Eunji rolled her eyes, "Well tell your 'client' that her date is just using him."

"What?"

"I mean, why else would she say that unless she wanted his money. Girls like that are just simple slu-"

"Yah! Chanmi isn't like that at all! She can be a bit weird but she's not someone who will manipulate anyone."

Baekhyun flicked Eunji's forehead and went back to his desk. He could feel his blood boil as he tried to calm himself down. There was a soft snicker and he looked up to see her smirking at him. The room seem to go still as he realized what he just did. He should have known there was no way he could fool her. She was the Joker to his Batman.

"Before you say anything," He warned, "I didn't lie to you. Technically Chanmi is a client of mine."

"Oh yeah, I know that," She smiled wider, "You always remind me of it."

"So... what do you think it means?"

"It means that maybe you should ask her yourself."

••••••••

"78! Looks like you need a bit more practice!"

Chanmi stared breathlessly at the TV in front of her, sweat dripping down her forehead as her head dropped in shame. Chen nudged her as he jumped up and down as the clear winner in an unfair tournament. It was his 8th win with a perfect score. He popped open a water bottle and handed it to Chanmi who was on laying on the floor.

"You are such a cheater," He could hear her murmur, "A player. A liar. A disgustingly good-looking cheater."

"Here, you should drink some water."

Chen fell on the floor and groaned as his shirt got wet as Chanmi jumped up in determination. She pushed the buttons on the machine and turned to look at him. Her light cardigan fell to the floor as she pulled it off, her hair falling over her pale shoulders. Chen swallowed and looked away as his body grew warmer. He crawled to the furthest corner of the room and covered his face with his hands. Peeking through the cracks of his fingers he started laughing as Chanmi started to dance.

"Look at me and go crazy! C.R.A.Z.Y!"

"Follow me! C.R.A.Z.Y!"

Chen stood up and started to dance next to Chanmi, grinding his body as she did a stiff wave. They jumped up and down as they shook their bodies. Chanmi tried to run in place and screamed when her foot got caught on the microphone wire. She covered her face as she waited for the impact. Chen let out a grunt as he fell on his back, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah."

"That's nice," He murumured, "You can get off of me now."

Chanmi looked up and saw him smiling at her as he helped her stand up. She fixed her long skirt  to cover her reddening face but sighed when she noticed the long tear in it. Chen cleared his throat and crouched down to tie it, making sure to stay as far away as possible. 

"That's okay," Chanmi laughed, "I was going to throw it away anyways."

"Hmmm... I think you might have to," He frowned, "Hold on."

He ran out the room to the back of the store. Chen grumbled to himself as he tossed his dirty clothes out the way before grabbing a clean sweatpant. He made his way back and shyly gave it to Chanmi to try on. She smiled widely and he felt his heart beat faster as she slipped it on under her skirt. 

"Wow," Chen smirked, "Remind me to help you tear your top too."

••••••••

 "The caller you are trying to dial is unavailable at this time. Please leave a mess-"

Baekhyun hung up his phone he kicked a pebble on the sidewalk. He wrapped his sweater tighter around his body as the cold night air blew stronger. A security guard tapped the glass window and motioned for him to leave. He nodded his head and paced back and forth as he held up a finger. Baekhyun decided to wait for Chanmi outside her building instead of her apartment. Like she had said, it was wrong for him to enter her house without permission. The security guard tapped the window harder and Baekhyun almost yelled back.

"I know," He snapped under his breath, "I know."

He glanced at his phone — his case grey while Chanmi's was white — and let out a sigh when he noticed the time. Baekhyun gave up and walked back to his car but stopped when he heard a familiar voice singing.

"Lalalalalalala Gimme that, Gimme that, Gimme that Ice cream!"

Baekhyun let out a laugh and turned around to see Chanmi with her hair blowing all over her face. He moved towards her but stopped before hiding behind a thick beam. Standing next to her was a young man holding onto a long black skirt. They stopped in front of the building and he wordlessly handed the skirt back. Baekhyun moved closer as he covered his face, curiosity getting the best of him.

"Thanks again for the pants," Chanmi giggled, "I'll give it back after I washed them."

"You can keep it if you want," The man laughed, "Who knows what you might rip next time."

"It was your fault! You stepped on it when you were dancing."

"I told you I was a terrible dancer!"

Chanmi laughed as her hair hit his face which, in turn, made him laugh too. She tried brushing it back but stopped when she felt soft hands on her face. Chen leaned in closer and grabbed her hair before pulling a rubber band from his pocket. He quickly tied it back and brushed back the smaller hair out of her face. He wrapped her cardigan tighter as he stepped back, waving his hand as he walked backwards.

"Maybe next time I can give you some singing lessons!" Chen laughed, "I promise not to step on your clothes!"

"Are you sure?" Chanmi called back, "I thought you were going to help me with my top?"

"We can save that for later. After all, you haven't bought me dinner yet and I'm not an easy man!"

Chanmi clapped her hands and laughed as Chen tripped over a trash can, almost smashing his face onto the sidewalk. He quickly stood up and waved to her before running away. She touched her ponytail and opened the door before stopping when she noticed someone step out of the shadows.

"Oppa?" Chanmi began, "What are you do-"

"Help. Me. With. My. Top?"

"Oh ."

••••••••

author's corner; important

So I finally managed to update! I AM SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR 7 MONTHS AND 28 DAYS!

giphy.gif

I have been so busy with school and I was tired and I got a job so I didn't have any time at all. But I have good news! My semester is almost over (3 weeks to be exact) and I'll have more time on my hands to update. But I know some of you will still unsubscribe which is perfectly fine. I can't really keep my promises. But I still want to thank you for still reading this crap fic. I love all of you! I will probably update sometime this week so stay tuned! AGAIN, I AM SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS CRAP! I'm still trying to figure out how I can shorten this fic to not make it so long. UP NEXT: TAO!! (also, if I am making mistakes regarding the story, it's been so long that I have read it so just point anything that seems wrong out.)

tumblr_mzuthpl9041qdtqn3o3_250.gif  tumblr_mwz9okwGQg1shpqbto10_500.gif

Also please check out my lates fic featuring Chanyeol and Kai! Click HERE