Anywhere But Here

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"What did you just say?"

"I'm moving in."

Baekhyun smiled at Chanmi whose grey hoodie covered her face. He made his way towards the door but stopped in his tracks when the door was slammed shut. The sheer force of it vibrated throughout the hallway and through his bones. He grabbed the handle and exclaimed in surprise when he realized it was locked.

"Chanmi? Open the door."

"Go away."

"Chanmi?"

"Go away!"

Baekhyun grabbed the handle and shook the door violently. He kept shaking at it until he realized that he had her passcode. With a smirk, he looked at Chanmi's name in his phone. The door unlocked but Chanmi through her body onto the door.

"Chanmi," He yelled in frustration, "Open the door."

"Go away! Please just go away!"

Chanmi flung the door open and he could see the panic in her eyes. Her eyes were wild and her hair was unruly. Baekhyun stepped back when she crouched down and hummed silently to herself. After a few seconds she stood up and looked at him. Her eyes were clear and empty which made her smile that much awkward and unsettling.

"Sorry," She rubbed the back of her neck, "I just freaked out when you said that."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, you just took me by surprise."

Baekhyun reached out but stopped, "Can I come in?"

"Of course."

He made his way inside and went towards the living room. He sat down and waited for her to do the same. Chanmi took a deep breath and sat down. She gave him a quick look before jumping up. There wasn't any juice of soda but she knew that she had some water. And even if she didn't, she just had to get out of there.

"I'm not thirsty."

Crap.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Chanmi sat back down and fiddled with her fingers. The silence was killing her and she was worried that Baekhyun was going to say something about earlier. She didn't know what came over her and there was no way she could come up with an excuse.

"It was Eunji's idea."

"Huh?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Eunji came up with this brilliant plan."

"I don't understand."

"Me either."

••••••••

"What did you just say?"

"I said, move in with her."

"Are you crazy!?"

Eunji shrugged as she picked up the empty cups inside Baekhyun's office. The eleven men had left a few minutes earlier and the entire office was empty. She had been hiding beside the door, listening to the entire conversation. She knew what Baekhyun had been thinking but said nothing. His mind was already calculating how to fix this problem and she knew that there wasn't anything he could do.

Except...

"You don't have many options," Eunji reasoned, "You want to make sure the company survives right?"

"Yes."

"And you want to prove to everyone that you can finally get a perfect score."

"Yes."

Eunji smiled, "Then just do this and get it over with. You know that you can't solve from inside the company but they never said anything about outside the company."

"But this is crazy, " Baekhyun rubbed his temples, "The entire deal will fall apart."

"No it won't. You won't be CEO Byun Baekhyun but ByunBaek, Chanmi's best friend."

"But moving in? Isn't that a little excessive?"

"Either you move in or Chanmi moves in with you."

••••••••

"For how long?"

"Until you pick one of them."

"That could take weeks! Even months!"

"Then," Baekhyun sighed, "You need to try your hardest. You only have one chance so don't blow it."

Chanmi stood up and paced around the living room. Baekhyun had a point and she didn't like it. What Eunji said makes a lot of sense but why was this the only option? Couldn't they just text back and forth? How on earth was she going to live with someone after living alone for so long?

"Fine. You can stay but I have several rules that you need to follow or else you will need to leave."

"Rules?"

"First, you cannot enter any of the closed rooms. You will sleep in the living room until I can empty one of the rooms. Second, you cannot enter my room unless I invite you in. You cannot look at the cabinet inside the bathroom under any circumstances. You cannot clean the house except for the kitchen, bathroom and living room. Obviously you're going to have to help with the bills. If anything comes for me, you can just throw it away. And under no circumstances, can you look at my bedroom closet. Everything needs to stay in the exact same way you found it."

"Okay..."

Baekhyun struggled to remember everything as he violently nodded his head. He moved to the hallway and dragged all of his suitcases and boxes into the living room. He pushed them into the deepest corner he could find and looked around the apartment once more. The dust was everywhere and he went towards the window. He opened it a tiny bit before opening the curtains. The sun brightened up the house and he could finally see how dirty it was. Chanmi flinched under the bright sun and pulled the hood of her sweater over her face. 

"Want me to order something?" Baekhyun called out as Chanmi walked towards her room, "To celebrate this horrible plan?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"Anything you want."

Chanmi's ears perked up, "Anything? Even meat?"

"Even meat."

••••••••

"So what's the plan?"

"What plan?"

Chanmi chewed on her food before tapping her chin, "The plan to make one of them fall in love with me."

"Oh," Baekhyun shrugged, "It's up to you from now on."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you're going to make them fall in love with the original Chanmi."

"Original Chanmi?"

"Yeah, the straw collector and dog loving Chanmi."

"But you said to never act the way I do on dates."

Baekhyun chuckled, "Well now you get to do whatever you want."

"Are you sure?" Chanmi grew worried, "But what if they don't like me?"

"Well then they're going to regret it for the rest of their lives."

Chanmi smiled and looked down at her food to stop Baekhyun from seeing her blush. She cleared as she stood up. Baekhyun silently waved as she walked inside her room, rubbing her eyes gently. He waited until she closed the door before clearing the table and settling down on the couch.

"Oppa?"

"Yeah?"

She peered out of the door and held out a thick blanket. He grabbed it from her and brushed the hair from her eyes. There was something different in her eyes. They shone brightly and also held a glimmer of happiness inside them. Baekhyun turned towards the couch but stopped when he felt a hand on his own.

"Good night," Chanmi whispered, "And thank you."

"Good night."

••••••••

"What? What's that noise?"

Chanmi sat up from bed and rubbed her eyes awake. She kicked her feet in despair when she realized that Baekhyun was cleaning. The vacuum and Pororo's barking were enough to wake the entire building.

She got out of bed and burst through her bedroom door to find Baekhyun diligently cleaning the living room. She unplugged the vacuum and went back to her room to sleep. Just as she slipped inside her bed, the vacuum again.

"Oh my god!" She screamed, "Let me sleep!"

Chanmi opened the door only to find Baekhyun standing in front of it with a bucket and rags. He pulled her towards the kitchen and handed her the bucket full of water as he went back to vacuuming. She rolled up her sleeves and went to work mopping the house down.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah, it's 8am."

"Don't you think it's a little too early to be cleaning?"

Baekhyun simply shrugged and laughed, "What time do you normally wake up?"

"10, maybe 11 if I'm lucky."

"Well that's all going to change."

"Why?"

"Because," Baekhyun smiled evilly, "Your new roomate won't allow it."

••••••••

author's corner; 

So I actually updated sooner than I expected!! This really isn't a great chapter but I think it's nice to see both Chanmi and Baekhyun act like themselves around each other. You could say this is a filler chapter but I think it's extremely important considering how everything will turn out later. I will have a surprise for all of you in a few more chapters where I will introduce a new character who is related to Chanmi in some way. I want to thank everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented. It means a lot to me. 

So please don't forget to comment and upvote. I really want to hear from each and every one of you. Let me know what you think and what you wish could happen. Who knows? Maybe I can do something for you! :D Also, let me know on how to improve: whether it's this story, my writing or anything at all.

Thank you all!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I would like to have someone make a trailer for HIMBB using this song. (Needle&Gem- Dawn from Cheese in the Trap should the link not work) I want a new trailer so that it can focus more on Chanmi and her relationships with all of EXO and also her development from happy and clueless Chanmi into a more serious and sadder Chanmi.

I will give 2,000 Karma Points to the person that makes the best trailer and 1,000 points to whoever I pick as a runner-up. Both of your trailers will be used. Also, I will give 200 points to anyone who participates. You can PM the link :D

P.S ANY CHEESE IN THE TRAP FANS HERE???? I NEED SOMEONE TO FANGIRL OVER YOO JUNG WITH!! 

tumblr_o1w5scZG6u1qjr6aho1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o1g0hvlYG21qjy03zo8_500.gif

tumblr_o20yjbQDxS1rss8ylo2_500.gif